What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Realist

Juniors
RCG lost heart for two reasons. One - he lost confidence after some pretty dire injuries.

Secondly, and I think this maybe the main reason - He lost heart with Merrin gone. He had a huge man crush on Merrin and RCG's enthusiasm for playing left when Merrin did, especially since he was effectively shoved out by Gus in what was likely acrimonious circumstances.

This was really a side effect of the Gus recruitment and retention 'strategy' of pushing players out before their contracts are up - it creates ill feeling amongst players who were closest to them. RCG also saw two blokes who he rose up the ranks with, in DWZ and Waqa Blake also leave in less than friendly circumstances. Having Gus' previous mediocre (or worse) roster management combined with Cleary's cut and run strategy with 'troubled' players was a recipe for disaster in regards to playing group morale.

MugaB

Coach
I think so far some good signings and under the radar ones also.
Korisau and Capewell are as close as can get to Origin level without playing.
Tetavano will add some mongrel.

I'd role the side out like this. I threw in Leinu and Crighton as they have big futures. And Naden I am not sold on. I also prefer Burton over Luai.
Tyrone May would make a good 14 but not before rnd 10. He needs game time. Fullback and centre upgrades would be nice but these guys should be able to do a job.

1 Edwards
2 Too
3 Crighton
4 Whare
5 Mansour
6 Burton
7 Cleary

8.Tamou
9.Kori
10. FISH
11.Capewell
12. Kikau
13. Yeo

14 Martin
15 Leinu
16 Leota
17 Tetvano

Where's your replacement for a back and who goes to hooker for Api Koroisau. surely this day and age hookers get atleast 20 mins off, and Api Koroisau wasn't first choice at manly, coming on for Stabby stab mc stab stab,
Naden will play, and Luai will play, both will have a stellar year, and the detractors will wonder why they would have left them out of the side for the next up and comers,
Capewell will be a benchie playing that 14 role, and you've listed 3 props and a lock basically 4 middles as our run on 17 bench, might aswell call us the canberra stuarts panthers, where every forward has run.
Plus you cannot spell their names right. love how you tried to spell "Api Koroisau", but just went "Nahhhh too much effort since they really aren't my team anyways".

Love to see your parra team list, actually no, ill visit the parra- parra- parra-dise forum and see for myself, im betting RCG is starting prop.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach

I'd role the side out like this. I threw in Leinu and Crighton as they have big futures. And Naden I am not sold on. I also prefer Burton over Luai.
Tyrone May would make a good 14 but not before rnd 10. He needs game time. Fullback and centre upgrades would be nice but these guys should be able to do a job.

1 Edwards
2 Too
3 Crighton
4 Whare
5 Mansour
6 Burton
7 Cleary

8.Tamou
9.Kori
10. FISH
11.Capewell
12. Kikau
13. Yeo

14 Martin
15 Leinu
16 Leota
17 Tetvano

There are definite issues with this roster.

Naden and Luai will be in the starting side round 1 unless Burton is the next Fittler or Johns. Crichton should be there for me but can see him having to wait depending how the club views Whare.

Kenny will likely be on the bench due to the always possible HIA and also Api will probably get a 10 - 20 minute break.

hindy111

Post Whore

Naden and Luai will be in the starting side round 1 unless Burton is the next Fittler or Johns. Crichton should be there for me but can see him having to wait depending how the club views Whare.

Kenny will likely be on the bench due to the always possible HIA and also Api will probably get a 10 - 20 minute break.

I did not name a 2nd row on bench. Cause Yeo can slot there or JFH when Kikau needs a rest.

Yes agree Api isn't an 80 min hooker. So Kenny it is. Untill MAY is match fit

hindy111

Post Whore
I just felt Bueton is a better prospect. Luai reminded me of Te Mari Martin.

On RCG - Training house down and looking good. Big year ahead I feel for the guy.

franklin2323

Immortal

Depending on To’o health that 1-7 as named for the 9’s. Should be the round 1 side I guess it depends on why To’o collapsed and if there is more too it

hindy111

Post Whore
Training isn’t his issue. Being soft and backing into defence is

Time will tell. 5yrs is far to long. At some point this contract will bite in bumb. I reckon first 2-3yrs will be good and then dead weight.Hope atleast he is serviceable in those last few years.

OldPanther

Coach
I did not name a 2nd row on bench. Cause Yeo can slot there or JFH when Kikau needs a rest.

Yes agree Api isn't an 80 min hooker. So Kenny it is. Untill MAY is match fit

Yeah May can't play until round 5 and match fitness could take a bit.

hindy111

Post Whore
May rnd 10 perhaps.

It is a young side that will play with energy. It is a bit like the Bulldogs except with classier players.Good enough to play finals. A lot depends on how Cleary steps up a d his halves partner.

betcats

Referee
If the halves can be good or better we should play finals. The forwards are good, plenty of depth there. Edwards should be solid at least, otherwise Adkins or one of the young guys can step in. API is good . The backs are up in the air a little bit but I think we have enough players there to work it out. We have a few good options for the bench also now if May can get up to speed. We just need our halves to fire and get our attack going.

kinghippo

Juniors

1 Edwards
2 Too
3 Crighton
4 Whare
5 Mansour
6 Burton
7 Cleary

8.Tamou
9.Kori
10. FISH
11.Capewell
12. Kikau
13. Yeo

14 Martin
15 Leinu
16 Leota
17 Tetvano
I like that forward pack and it’s a great bench which is something I think we really missed last year, but I doubt thats the team will see round 1.
As for the backline I personally think Whare and Mansour played themselves out of the starting squad last year.
I am hoping they need to prove their worth in the trials to make the squad.
I prefer Naden for both mansours and whares spot and would rather see Scott, capewell or burton starting in the centres than whare.
Hopefully Cleary hasn’t locked down positions and the competition for spots is real.

The nines should be a great test for our attacking players to show their stuff, really looking forward to it.
The best result would be to see the mansour and whare of old tearing things up and running away for try after try, I just don’t see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.