What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordynz

Juniors
No chance. Reynolds hasn't added any value to our squad and he is a massive risk at hooker.

What has happened to him personally disgusts me and he does not come across as a bad guy to me. His on field performance is a completely different matter. My guess is the club feels exactly the same way as I do.

I also think this shows the club has acted with integrity. We haven't screwed the guy over at all as we shouldn't.

There is also the chance though that Reynolds kills it this year. How good would it be if the guy had a break-out season at hooker. I reckon he has the running game to fill the role well. His passing game is erratic though and defensively in the middle he doesn't look solid. I reckon the guy is trying though and the best outcome for everyone is a fit and firing Reynolds contributing to the NRL team.
I completely disagree with you. If Reynolds is fit then he plays. You say hes a huge risk but who else do we play there? Mbye would also be a 'risk' in your terms or either of the two uncapped hookers at the club? One of which isnt going to be here next year anyway.

The only reason Reynolds hasn't made an impact is due to injury but from what he showed on the field last year, I thought he definitely added something to our side.

super_coach

First Grade
Its funny you state this yet champion the re-signing of Liddle the way you do. Grub even out of position is a far superior option as far as im concerned.
Grub is the worst D/H I have seen. Sure tons of enthusiasm, good short kicking game but his Passing game from D/H is A grade stuff at best

Tiger05

First Grade
Grub is the worst D/H I have seen. Sure tons of enthusiasm, good short kicking game but his Passing game from D/H is A grade stuff at best

I have no idea what game people were watching when they state he is our best option at dummy half. He showed a decent running game when players were tired but his passing game and defence were ordinary.

Tiger05

First Grade
I wonder if Madge will ever consider using Brooks as our #9, he wouldn’t be the first half to make a success of the transition, he could possibly add a new dimension to our attack with JR and BM in the halves.

I completely disagree with you. If Reynolds is fit then he plays. You say hes a huge risk but who else do we play there? Mbye would also be a 'risk' in your terms or either of the two uncapped hookers at the club? One of which isnt going to be here next year anyway.

The only reason Reynolds hasn't made an impact is due to injury but from what he showed on the field last year, I thought he definitely added something to our side.
I agree, gordynz.
SC of the 3 1st graders who might play at 9 only ET could handle, truly handle being in the forwards but Mybe & Taylor are not any better as a dummy half. The 2 uncapped guys will no doubt start the season in reserves, no way Madge would throw them straight into 1st grade.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
A player may have a great pass but if he is not able to will the team forward, and hesitant or unable to to take over from what he can see as an opportunity and make something of it even if it over rules what’s planned and not having the confidence to be the centre of a group huddle revving the team up -- until we get a star hooker I’ll go for Josh because those things are second nature for him especially with our desperate lack of leadership And he has at least the best attacking kicking game in the team... A pass is important but with only that its relying on others to make something happen..

gordynz

Juniors
It's hard to say that Reynolds is our best 9 with so few games in that position but remember he did play as a utility for NSW albeit for a game or two but Daley was obviously confident in his ability to play dummy half.

You would hope that if hes anywhere near his best then he fits into the team somewhere and that spot looks likely to be at hooker. Madge knows better than all of us pundits so I would trust his judgement lol

Phil Gould

Juniors
JR has that sort of witty, sly, smart arse kind of character about him that good 9’s seem to have. We definitely need someone out there to psych everyone up too, like JR does. Maybe he’ll skill up for the role a bit as well.

One problem with him at 9 is that he seems to be more an off the cuff player, rather than an organizer. I think Tiger’s really need a good strategic organizer on the field, as we already have plenty of talent.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
IMO JR make Elijah Taylor look like Cam Smith when it comes to no 9 and we all know Taylor is no no9.

I would be playing Moses at 9 with Momo in the centre and JR as no14...Anyway Iam still hopping Harry the hooker will be our 9, but we are fast running out of time. Very hard to introduce a new no9 a month out from kick off.

gordynz

Juniors
IMO JR make Elijah Taylor look like Cam Smith when it comes to no 9 and we all know Taylor is no no9.

I would be playing Moses at 9 with Momo in the centre and JR as no14...Anyway Iam still hopping Harry the hooker will be our 9, but we are fast running out of time. Very hard to introduce a new no9 a month out from kick off.
What a load of garbage. You're the only one on this planet that thinks Taylor is better than Reynolds lol

super_coach

First Grade
What a load of garbage. You're the only one on this planet that thinks Taylor is better than Reynolds lol

mate have you actually seen JR pick the ball from D/H and throw a ball in one motion. He is terrible with a capital T. His passing game at no6 is not flash at no9 it’s terrible. Also yes I think Taylor has a better pass off the ground than JR, at least he can throw a ball both sides, but in saying that I don’t rate him as a 9 either.

JR could offer something coming off the bench and being a running no9, but Brooks will be getting slow and erratic service. If you don’t believe have a look at the odd game he had at D/H

lingard

Coach
The people with their doubts are the ones that have barely seen him play, I wouldn't take any notice of that. I've watched him play plenty of times and especially last season approaching finals and during. The kid is special and will be a great addition to the team...

You're right, he is special. I was hoping that we (Parramatta) would sign him up as fullback and shift Gutherson to centre. Oh, well. He's certainly a star in the making. I think he'd make a good five-eight as well. Not so good on the wing (as evidenced when Bennett put him there late last year to accommodate Alex Johnson) but probably a good centre, too. Fullback's his go, though. You've signed a good one.

lingard

Coach
I'm not sure if you think he should stay or not?
I have said this before, I thought the few games he has played have been positive and the experiment with Benji in swapping around at hooker worked extremely well, it would also keep the defence guessing, maybe worth some more time at some stage of the season.
The bloke can play footy, that's why we paid overs for him, but his injuries have not given us the value we had hoped for (not his fault), hopefully he now has a clear mind and is injury free to help us with this season.
He appears to be a genuine enough bloke who gives his all & that's all you can ask.

One of the unmeasurable things about Josh Reynolds is his competitiveness and his positive effect on team spirit. He can really lift a team. But this is countered somewhat by his sometimes erratic play.

Tigerm

First Grade
One of the unmeasurable things about Josh Reynolds is his competitiveness and his positive effect on team spirit. He can really lift a team. But this is countered somewhat by his sometimes erratic play.
I'm all for a better option (there are not too many), if we have one. But as you mention, he is a competitor. Given time, he will do a good job.