What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
You're right, he is special. I was hoping that we (Parramatta) would sign him up as fullback and shift Gutherson to centre. Oh, well. He's certainly a star in the making. I think he'd make a good five-eight as well. Not so good on the wing (as evidenced when Bennett put him there late last year to accommodate Alex Johnson) but probably a good centre, too. Fullback's his go, though. You've signed a good one.
I’ve no doubt he will handle fullback with aplomb but his best position is 5/8.Im expecting him to b our long term 5/8 post Benji.This kid is a future captain of the club.Im very glad the shamrocks junior has returned home.Id like his old Dundas teammate papenhuyzen to follow him but Melb r way to astute to allow that to happen.

super_coach

First Grade
One of the unmeasurable things about Josh Reynolds is his competitiveness and his positive effect on team spirit. He can really lift a team. But this is countered somewhat by his sometimes erratic play.

Agreed, but the last thing you want in a football team is a erratic no9. It’s the most important position on the field in my humble opinion

WA Tiger

Bench
Agreed, but the last thing you want in a football team is a erratic no9. It’s the most important position on the field in my humble opinion
It’s like we are cursed at 9 ...how fkn hard is it to find a better than average 9 ..we had the chance to sign Luke and Korosau (is he still around ?) anyway we can get into the 8 with Reynolds thats all we need to do this year or dare I say it 5th but to get into the top 4 we will need to break this curse and get a good hooker squared away.. We have time and we will have the money by next year and surely the position on the table to make players want to be at the tigers. I think u Mbye fans are just hoping he will be ok at 9. Apparently 1 Madge has tried him there at training 2Reynolds is there now so maybe Mbye is no good there ...I’ve never seen him pick up the ball and pass in one motion either. Anyway maybe he hates it at 9 ..It’s all guess work and of course we are all experts...just land a good 9 by 2021 Madge please. Maybe by then our boy ???? will kill it after his injury

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s like we are cursed at 9 ...how fkn hard is it to find a better than average 9 ..we had the chance to sign Luke and Korosau (is he still around ?) anyway we can get into the 8 with Reynolds thats all we need to do this year and seven six or maybe dare I say it 5th but to get into the top 4 we will need to break this curse and get a good hooker squared away.. We have time and we will have the money by next year and surely the position on the table to make players want to be at the tigers. I think u Mbye fans are just hoping he will be ok at 9. Apparently 1 Madge has tried him there at training 2Reynolds is there now so maybe Mbye is no good there ...I’ve never seen him pick up and pass in one motion either. Anyway maybe he hates it at 9 ..It’s all guess work we are all experts...just land a good 9 by 2021 Madge please. Maybe by then our boy ???? will kill it after his injury
I can’t edit for some reason...Liddle yes but if he can’t sort it out Madge.I was just looking through the team on the website and I saw Hoffman there in the team list. I cant remember the details except he’s young and big enough and potentially excellent..If he becomes a must pick player it’ll be interesting.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can’t edit for some reason...Liddle yes but if he can’t sort it out Madge.I was just looking through the team on the website and I saw Hoffman there in the team list. I cant remember the details except he’s young and big enough and potentially excellent..If he becomes a must pick player it’ll be interesting.

Reece Hoffman is the kid, QLD U18s center and goal kicker. He’s on a 3 year contract but the first 2 years are development so he won’t be able to play NRL until round 16 2021 unless upgraded beforehand. Apparently he’s been ultra impressive at training and extremely professional, as is the other QLDer we brought down Simpkins.

Hoffman, Talau and Cini are all very exciting outside back prospects, something we haven’t had at the club in 4-5 years. I admit I haven’t seen a lot of Hoffman but Zac Cini is the one I’m really watching, i think he’s going to play in the 9s do keep an eye on him

stryker

First Grade
I wonder if Madge will ever consider using Brooks as our #9, he wouldn’t be the first half to make a success of the transition, he could possibly add a new dimension to our attack with JR and BM in the halves.
I suggested this last year and it was met with luke warm responses, however have noticed more of a groundswell to the idea recently. Brooksey would be a very dangerous attacking weapon at 9. I can see him playing rep there.

WA Tiger

Bench
Reece Hoffman is the kid, QLD U18s center and goal kicker. He’s on a 3 year contract but the first 2 years are development so he won’t be able to play NRL until round 16 2021 unless upgraded beforehand. Apparently he’s been ultra impressive at training and extremely professional, as is the other QLDer we brought down Simpkins.

Hoffman, Talau and Cini are all very exciting outside back prospects, something we haven’t had at the club in 4-5 years. I admit I haven’t seen a lot of Hoffman but Zac Cini is the one I’m really watching, i think he’s going to play in the 9s do keep an eye on him
Thanks for that Vic. I will

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
What does Momorovski think about the proposed swap deal which will see him at the Storm?

I suspect he would be peeled off, big time.
How would anyone feel if they were told by their boss that they weren’t good enough and banished interstate. Having to pack up family and housing to keep the boss happy.
A total upheaval of his life.......for no reason
I feel sorry for the bloke

The unknown

Juniors
How would anyone feel if they were told by their boss that they weren’t good enough and banished interstate. Having to pack up family and housing to keep the boss happy.

Pissed off about going to Melbourne learning from the best and potentially winning a premiership, while still earning the same coin he was on at the tigers? Yeah I’m sure he’d be super angry

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Pissed off about going to Melbourne learning from the best and potentially winning a premiership, while still earning the same coin he was on at the tigers? Yeah I’m sure he’d be super angry

As I said, turning your whole life upside down, moving interstate etc. it has a massive affect on family and friends.
Yep, learning under Bellamy would be okay but he clearly wanted to be a west player

will he even play first grade down there?

The unknown

Juniors
As I said, turning your whole life upside down, moving interstate etc. it has a massive effect in family and friends.
Yep, learning under Bellamy would be okay but he clearly wanted to be a west player

will he even play first grade down there?

He’ll be back though, thats part of the deal

it’s like when people move interstate for uni, to better their careers etc. But in this case with Grant (where we desperately neeD a #9 and I’m guessing they are thin on centre’s) it helps both parties.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s how u look at things Wiley..How u interpret things that happen to u ..weather u have a BOO FKN HOO attitude to everything that is said or happens to u, or you deal with it LIKE AN ADULT

Last edited:

Latest posts