What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

What an amazing life and career.

To think I first saw Kirk Douglas in The Man From Snowy River in 1982/83 and at that point he was 60-ish.

Aside from his 'classic' roles, I remember him in Tough Guys with Burt Lancaster circa 1986-88. He was playing "old" then. Also Greedy - a forgotten early 90's Michael J Fox film.
We also had Saturn 3 and The Final Countdown on Betamax ha!

Wow. Amazing to think all those actors, directors, producers of that era of classic Hollywood...he's literally outlived nearly all of them barring a handful of actresses. It is similar to when the last ANZAC passed...an end to an era.

horrie hastings

First Grade
What an amazing life and career.

To think I first saw Kirk Douglas in The Man From Snowy River in 1982/83 and at that point he was 60-ish.

Aside from his 'classic' roles, I remember him in Tough Guys with Burt Lancaster circa 1986-88. He was playing "old" then. Also Greedy - a forgotten early 90's Michael J Fox film.
We also had Saturn 3 and The Final Countdown on Betamax ha!

Wow. Amazing to think all those actors, directors, producers of that era of classic Hollywood...he's literally outlived nearly all of them barring a handful of actresses. It is similar to when the last ANZAC passed...an end to an era.

Here i was thinking that i didn't have any Kirk Douglas movies on DVD or on the hard drive but i have The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, where he starred opposite Barbara Stanwyck, Van Heflin, Lizabeth Scott and Judith Anderson, it was his first movie.

The loss of Kirk Douglas really hit me hard. He was my dads all time favorite actor.... he had all his movies, loved him in the Van Gough one... It hurts alot cause I also lost my dad 2 years ago to evil cancer ... dad would have been devastated to hear that a great actor of the golden age has passed. 103 is a really good innings though and im sure he had a fulfilling life.
RIP Kirk.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Its all alleged. Look up Jean Spengler and her very odd disappearance.

Collin Wilcox the actress from To Kill a Mocking Bird told a story before she died.

I had forgotten all about that till i read your link to the article. A couple of serious allegations about Natalie Wood and Jean Spengler.

Latest posts