What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash 2019/20 (Mens and Womens)

Wizardman

First Grade
Well done Sixers!!! Great to see Steve Smith get some domestic success here. Great bowling attack and the emergence of a very fine prospect in Phillepe.

Australia needs to bite the bullet and look after its own. This three game series against India in January is absolutely f**ked. I'd like to see the Australian guys return to their franchises after the Sydney test until the conclusion of the comp. Also, make sure the f**king comp finishes before February. Australians want to see the best play and would boost the big bash in a big way if all players played for a bbl franchise.

Wizardman

First Grade
I'm on the same page. But that would only because of Carey's experience at that level.
That aside I would go with Philippe.
With some good 20/20 form over the year (Im assuming he'll do the 20/20 circuit), he can definitely put on some heat for the aust keeping job in 20/20. I think it will take a while yet to unseat Carey from the ODI's as his form in 50 over and sheffield shield cricket has been strong for a few years now. He has been solid in the ODI setup as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’ve just popped in here to have a quality lol@Stards.

How many finals chokes is they now???

It’s almost lol@50uff$!!! Worthy.

Bazal

Post Whore
Serious question:
Is Josh Phillipe is the best short form keeper/batsman in Australia?

Carey is still better.

He's not as explosive, but he's a quality bat and Phillipe for all his batting abilities is pretty ordinary with the gloves.

I just can't believe that the rain actually stopped long enough to play 24 overs, for the Stars to choke, and for the BBL season to end.

I have literally been in a state of giggles for 12 hours.

LOL@Stards. It just doesn't get any better than this.

PS - it absolutely bloody helped the Sixers getting Lyon, Hazlewood and Smith in to this side, as well as getting SOK and Abbott back from injury. Imagine if they'd let Starc play too...

In the invaluable words of blind Pacino...WHOOO Haaaaa!!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This is one of a thousand reasons people hate the stars:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...s/news-story/163e9c688bd4952de18a8cfaa7f4e0b2

It (a rain-shortened game featuring 12-over innings) is a bit of a lottery. I thought we bowled OK, we still gave them about 15 or 20 too many,” Maxwell said. “Losing three wickets in the first three overs probably hurts you. Stoin (Marcus Stoinis) picked out the one bloke on the fence and I got the one ball that Steve O’Keefe spins all tournament. It happens.”

TheParraboy

Staff member
PS - it absolutely bloody helped the Sixers getting Lyon, Hazlewood and Smith in to this side, as well as getting SOK and Abbott back from injury. Imagine if they'd let Starc play too...

In the invaluable words of blind Pacino...WHOOO Haaaaa!!

For sure

Easily best side on paper which they converted to a title
I think have won 5 or 6 in a row back end of tournament with them in the side

Hazlewood for Curran
Smith for Kerr/Avendano
Lyon for Pope/Manenti

Though those players they replaced have contributed here and there at times, bloody no brainer you have the aussie reps in there 24/7 if you could

Shorter BBL season and the likes of Cummimns, Warner, Starc etc...to available at least for 80% of the tournament - the back end

TheParraboy

Staff member

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...s/news-story/163e9c688bd4952de18a8cfaa7f4e0b2

It (a rain-shortened game featuring 12-over innings) is a bit of a lottery. I thought we bowled OK, we still gave them about 15 or 20 too many,” Maxwell said. “Losing three wickets in the first three overs probably hurts you. Stoin (Marcus Stoinis) picked out the one bloke on the fence and I got the one ball that Steve O’Keefe spins all tournament. It happens.”

excuses excuses

suck a chumpa chomp champ Maxy

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Bigger chokers than Riley Reid.

I laughed when I was reading comments by upset Stars fans, complaining about the Sixers getting back its 3 international players. If only there were some decent Victorians in the Australian side...

And that is why Maxy, Stoinplod, Handscum ain't in the Australian teams. Also rans, chokers, losers, duds, plods...

Latest posts