What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bushfire Appeal Charity match - Sat 8/2/20

TheParraboy

Staff member
that was another no ball by Christian, can see it easily

oh well next ball no ball as well, and called

undertaker

Coach
what a f**king pie thrower Cam is

Yep....all the class!

f**k me, Smith is a wanker

Cameron Smith's atrocious performance today was the lowlight of the match. Should've been nowhere near the starting XI of either side.

Bowling absolute rank half-trackers to the batsmen that got smashed, then when he batted, he copped an absolute beauty first ball from Wasim Akram. Smith looked absolutely clueless against Akram, who was bowling at a similar speed to Smith (around 105 km/h). Too bad Lee couldn't wind up and pepper Smith was some short deliveries.

Shows that class is permanent, even with Akram being 53 years of age.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Lee taking it easy is still faster than most.
he was nudging close to 130km/h on the speedometer. It might not sound like much, but it is faster than it looks on tv.

what an anti climax, Smith and Revolting facing last over

Should just stuck to 11 cricketers from each side, rather than get all these athletes from other codes, such as former AFL and NRL players.

Lara is deadset still better than half the current West Indies Test Team

100% agree. Lara was smoking them just like he did during his prime 15-25 years ago.

Such a shame it was a T10 match. Had it been a T20, would've loved to have seen Lara bat for longer without any batting restrictions regarding retiring after 25 runs etc.. Reminds me of Graeme Pollock, who was the same age in the Bradman Testimonial match in 1994.

As I said with Akram, even though these legends have been out of the game at the highest level for years, class is permanent. Just like when Warne organised the cricket all-stars series in America a few years go, batsmen like Ponting showed they've still got it and could easily match it against the current crop of players going around in the BBL.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
I know the match was rescheduled on short notice, but I think it's fair to say that it deserved to be played at a better venue in front of larger crowd than the crappy Junction Oval.

And next time one of these charity matches are scheduled, should just be exclusively cricket players only; no AFL/NRL/other sporting codes.