What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Xcalibre

Juniors
I can’t remember the last time I was as into gaming as I have been lately. Probably 20 years or so.

Got myself a Death Stranding PS4 Pro and have been playing the game, as well as Bloodborne, No Man’s Sky and The Show 19. I’ve only played the intro game on that though. It was a PSN download and it had a frickin corrupted d/l after about 20gb, so I’ve been waiting for my slow ass NBN to download the full game, so I can do more than be the Dodgers or Red Sox.

Got Far Cry 5 and Nioh on the bench too. Oh and Days Gone lol. Lucky I’m retired (not).

Misanthrope

Staff member
Still splitting my time between Elder Scrolls Online (psyched for the year of Skyrim content) and Lord of the Rings Online, but I've also recently installed Star Wars: The Old Republic. It has been remarkably fun, and I say that as a person with only a passing interest in the Star Wars universe.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just reinstalled Oblivion with the Morroblivion mod in. Still weird how little dialogue is voiced in Morrowind after becoming used to Oblivion and Skyrim.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Nioh after getting it for free on PS+

Really like it, more so then Bloodbourne but the first boss is bullshit hard. Reading up online and apparently I’m not the only one

Zoidberg

First Grade
So after finishing and loving Far Cry 5, I’ve gone back in the series to Far Cry 3. Loving this one as well but it does feel a bit unpolished because it’s older than 5, loving the story though. Got Far Cry 4 and New Dawn waiting for me next.

I went to see 1917 the other day and had a thought about how good would an open world WWII game be, in a similar style to Far Cry. Not based on real events but just going around taking back small towns and villages from the Nazis in France.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So after finishing and loving Far Cry 5, I’ve gone back in the series to Far Cry 3. Loving this one as well but it does feel a bit unpolished because it’s older than 5, loving the story though. Got Far Cry 4 and New Dawn waiting for me next.

I went to see 1917 the other day and had a thought about how good would an open world WWII game be, in a similar style to Far Cry. Not based on real events but just going around taking back small towns and villages from the Nazis in France.

Absolutely loved FC5

I’ve never played 3 but had done 4. I loved 4 and the Himalayan setting was incredible but the step up in the gaming experience from 4 to 5 was massive so I think I’d struggle to go back and play 3 now.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just reinstalled Skyrim using Lexy's Legacy of the Dragonborn modpack. Wabbajack makes it so much easier to install these massive modpacks and play the game, rather than spending hours bug-squashing.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Absolutely loved FC5

I’ve never played 3 but had done 4. I loved 4 and the Himalayan setting was incredible but the step up in the gaming experience from 4 to 5 was massive so I think I’d struggle to go back and play 3 now.

Far Cry 3 was my favourite (even if the 3rd act goes a bit wonky).

Liked 4, but I just really missed running over sharks in my jet ski.

Big Marn

Juniors
recently installed Star Wars: The Old Republic. It has been remarkably fun, and I say that as a person with only a passing interest in the Star Wars universe.
same. pleasantly surprised for a game from 2011. just playing it in story mode, but the amount of voice acting etc is impressive, and some of the stories are super fun. Got drawn to it after watching The Mandalorian. really enjoyed that show.

Misanthrope

Staff member
same. pleasantly surprised for a game from 2011. just playing it in story mode, but the amount of voice acting etc is impressive, and some of the stories are super fun. Got drawn to it after watching The Mandalorian. really enjoyed that show.

As counterintuitive as it sounds, I mostly play MMORPGs solo. SWTOR does the best job I've seen of making an MMO solo-friendly, but both LOTRO and Elder Scrolls Online also manage a mostly passable job of it.

Getmefood

Juniors
I still love playing Rugby League Live 4. I'm in the process of updating all 2020 and up to date rosters for all teams from International to Under 20s. Most of the under 20s I will try and create accurate likeness for SG Ball players. Other game I regularly play is Old School Runescape as Getmefoodz.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I still love playing Rugby League Live 4. I'm in the process of updating all 2020 and up to date rosters for all teams from International to Under 20s. Most of the under 20s I will try and create accurate likeness for SG Ball players. Other game I regularly play is Old School Runescape as Getmefoodz.

I've tried to get into OSR a few times now, but I'm just too much of a graphics snob to handle it. Even for when it was made, it's rough. That makes sense, given it wasn't developed by a massive studio, but I just can't get past the graphics.

Matua

Bench
I like to play 10 season careers as a coach. I don't update though as I'd run out of known players too quickly. I generally alternate between realistic and always get your man ... because it's frankly impossible to have a decent squad on "realistic".

It actually drives me nuts that I can't select my own Kiwis squad though like you can with the origin teams.

Zoidberg

First Grade
After finishing Far Cry 5 a few months ago I’ve been on a Far Cry bender.
Finished 3 and 4 and now working on New Dawn.
Shitty thing is on 4 I can’t get platinum trophy due to 1 trophy needing you to play a few multiplayer games, I know 3 guys with the game but you need at least 6.

Vic Mackey

Referee
After finishing Far Cry 5 a few months ago I’ve been on a Far Cry bender.
Finished 3 and 4 and now working on New Dawn.
Shitty thing is on 4 I can’t get platinum trophy due to 1 trophy needing you to play a few multiplayer games, I know 3 guys with the game but you need at least 6.

what’s New Dawn like?

give us your FC Rankings