What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
exceptional backline and our pack seems to be very underrated.
In saying that some of the biggest packs may be hard to hold out. I remember the storm up at Gosford steamrolling us in the first half
That's where Bennett and the boys are gonna need to come up with a different game plan, like a "small ball" pack - mobile, move the ball side to side, inside offloads, make the Storm fowards run left and right. Kinda like the way the Warriors used to play.

I know easier said than done.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If you check some Souths forums out people absolutely loathe the bloke. People think he’s an arrogant piece of work.

I personally think he’s a great businessman and has been awesome for Souths. Apparently player managers hate him because he’s very difficult to manipulate. I personally hope he stays on board. We went to shit after he left last time.
According to Danny Weidler, writing in the SMH, this is the reason:

Burgess deal nearly cost Richo his job

We told you last year that Sam Burgess was feeling unloved by South Sydney as he dealt with a marriage break-up and fears his career could be over. Throw in his ‘‘kangaroo court’’ comment about the NRL judiciary and he felt the world was against him.

Souths’ head of football, Shane Richardson, wore the brunt of Burgess’ feelings – but it was misplaced. Richardson had taken flak from within the club after he signed Burgess to a long-term deal when his body was busted. Leading the charge against Richardson was chairman Nick Pappas, who felt the club should have been more thorough before finalising the contract.

The deal was completed after Burgess had been medically examined, and it was done when the Broncos had a five-year offer on the table for the star Rabbitoh. In the end, it was a new injury that ended Burgess’ career and, fortunately for Richardson, Souths were able to get his contract off their salary cap.

But the damage is lasting. Pappas wanted Richardson to go, but the board voted heavily in favour of retaining him. It leads to the question: can Pappas stay as chairman given his stance?

Pappas has many friends at the NRL and is said to be keen on a start with the ARL Commission. That may be his future. Richardson has a contract until 2022.

Galeforce

Bench

We told you last year that Sam Burgess was feeling unloved by South Sydney as he dealt with a marriage break-up and fears his career could be over. Throw in his ‘‘kangaroo court’’ comment about the NRL judiciary and he felt the world was against him.

Souths’ head of football, Shane Richardson, wore the brunt of Burgess’ feelings – but it was misplaced. Richardson had taken flak from within the club after he signed Burgess to a long-term deal when his body was busted. Leading the charge against Richardson was chairman Nick Pappas, who felt the club should have been more thorough before finalising the contract.

The deal was completed after Burgess had been medically examined, and it was done when the Broncos had a five-year offer on the table for the star Rabbitoh. In the end, it was a new injury that ended Burgess’ career and, fortunately for Richardson, Souths were able to get his contract off their salary cap.

But the damage is lasting. Pappas wanted Richardson to go, but the board voted heavily in favour of retaining him. It leads to the question: can Pappas stay as chairman given his stance?

Pappas has many friends at the NRL and is said to be keen on a start with the ARL Commission. That may be his future. Richardson has a contract until 2022.

All good , as long as the final board vote is respected.
Shows the club has a strong team and there are checks and balances on everyones performances .

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Very interesting that the Broncos had a 5 year offer for Sam as well.

You can never really tell when injuries are going to decimate somebodies career. I personally never thought Tedesco would go on to be the player he is after his numerous ACL injuries. I don’t blame Richo for resigning Sam on a big contract. I would have done it too. He will go down as a Souths legend.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Very interesting that the Broncos had a 5 year offer for Sam as well.

You can never really tell when injuries are going to decimate somebodies career. I personally never thought Tedesco would go on to be the player he is after his numerous ACL injuries. I don’t blame Richo for resigning Sam on a big contract. I would have done it too. He will go down as a Souths legend.

Imagine the outrage if Ricoh didn’t sign him and he goes to the Broncos.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I imagine there would be a thread like the St George forum have with the title “Sack Richo”.

Forgot to mention i saw cody walker on the weekend.
He was with his brother Ryan who plays in the local newy comp.
Kinda starstruck tbh lol was going to ask for a photo but he had his hoodie on so I say he was trying to stay low profile.
Also saw mark o'meley, dude is as wide as a double door fridge

southsport

First Grade
Forgot to mention i saw cody walker on the weekend.
He was with his brother Ryan who plays in the local newy comp.
Kinda starstruck tbh lol was going to ask for a photo but he had his hoodie on so I say he was trying to stay low profile.
Also saw mark o'meley, dude is as wide as a double door fridge
I saw Charlie the rabbit (Reggie) at Eastgardens yesterday. :D

southsport

First Grade
Hows charlie going ? i used to get on the piss with him at the Hillsdale bowlo when i lived in the area.
I don't know Charlie personally but he looks to be going OK, he did some panelbeating for me back in the 1980s, some years ago a friend of mine at work said he was chuffed to get the rabbit gig after Reggie passed away.

I don't know Charlie personally but he looks to be going OK, he did some panelbeating for me back in the 1980s, some years ago a friend of mine at work said he was chuffed to get the rabbit gig after Reggie passed away.

He used to come into the bowlo to drink with the old man but a couple mins later me and him were locked in one on one chats about Souths for hours. lol When he was leaving he would always say walk me to the car i got something for you and then he would open the boot and it was full of Souths merch haha.
hes a really lovely guy im glad you said hes looking well. i should pop in the panel beaters and say gday next time im in the area.

southsport

First Grade
He used to come into the bowlo to drink with the old man but a couple mins later me and him were locked in one on one chats about Souths for hours. lol When he was leaving he would always say walk me to the car i got something for you and then he would open the boot and it was full of Souths merch haha.
hes a really lovely guy im glad you said hes looking well. i should pop in the panel beaters and say gday next time im in the area.
I gather that you're living at Windsor now?

Latest posts