What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doueihi. Stays or Goes

Stays or goes with best of luck

• Stays at all cost

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Goes, good luck kid

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I don't understand why Knight is being discussed, he's going to play decent minutes in 2020. The opportunity is there for him at Souths.

Doueihi left a low minute bench role at Souths to move across town for a potential starting FB job at Wests.

?

I love the attitude of Knight. Team, club, culture, wanting to improve & learn under his coach are the reasons he knocked back half a million bucks.

Every club would want a player with that desire. He could have taken the easy option and big bucks like so many others have

I can’t agree with you about AD and game time. I believe he was going to get plenty. One injury in 6 or so positions and he starts every week

He has shown a distinct lack of fight in my mind and clearly didn’t buy into the team or club culture given he did the bolt when it was clear we didn’t want him to go

Travitoh

First Grade
I love the attitude of Knight. Team, club, culture, wanting to improve & learn under his coach are the reasons he knocked back half a million bucks.

Every club would want a player with that desire. He could have taken the easy option and big bucks like so many others have

I can’t agree with you about AD and game time. I believe he was going to get plenty. One injury in 6 or so positions and he starts every week

He has shown a distinct lack of fight in my mind and clearly didn’t buy into the team or club culture given he did the bolt when it was clear we didn’t want him to go

How much do you think Liam Knight's new deal is worth?

If you're consistent, you also judge Latrell Mitchell as a sook.
Am i right?
Or are you wrong?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
More than usual, I hope you have a shyte year.

Most people retire @65.

Well he did give the Broncos Darius..

I do love Cook.

But f**k you and Wayne.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Strongly disagree with that sentiment. He's a professional athlete playing footy for a living, not a park footballer playing with mates.
But he's already got a contract in place getting paid pretty good bucks for 2 years.
And he knows the history of some of these guys, they are gonna be missing games through injury.

I have to agree with Windsor, he just needed to be patient, and in 2 years, he would be the starting 5/8 at the least

Unless Wayne told him something different?

Travitoh

First Grade
But he's already got a contract in place getting paid pretty good bucks for 2 years.
And he knows the history of some of these guys, they are gonna be missing games through injury.

I have to agree with Windsor, he just needed to be patient, and in 2 years, he would be the starting 5/8 at the least

Now he's got a contract in place getting paid pretty good bucks for 4 years, and a starting job at his junior club.
The kid has already had one serious knee injury, another could really impact his career.
He's gone and done the best thing for his career, as he should.
Souths went out and brought in someone to replace him in the starting lineup. Why should he show the club patience and loyalty when they didn't show it to him?
Do you share the same opinion when it comes to Latrell Mitchell?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Now he's got a contract in place getting paid pretty good bucks for 4 years, and a starting job at his junior club.
The kid has already had one serious knee injury, another could really impact his career.
He's gone and done the best thing for his career, as he should.
Souths went out and brought in someone to replace him in the starting lineup. Why should he show the club patience and loyalty when they didn't show it to him?
Do you share the same opinion when it comes to Latrell Mitchell?
Not sure.
I've wanted/hoped Latrell would be in red & green since his first year, so I got a bit of bias there.

Also, I'm not sure we've heard the full story about the treatment he received, and I think it started after GI retired, and became noticeable from that Rnd 8 game where he destroyed the Tigers. The media was dying to get a "gotcha" quote out of him by repeatedly asking him about comparisons to GI, his Dad`s comments about wanting him to play with the Rabbitohs etc.

Add to that being criticised for not singing the anthem at SoO1, then scapegoated for the loss, the Fittler (a Politis stooge) dumping him, according to Latrell without a phonecall from him, his relationship with Easts was on the rocks big time.

I'm inclined to think they treated him bad before he treated them bad.

Last edited:

He's played 30 games of first grade at Souths since 2018. If he stays with us, in two years, he'll potentially play another 20 to 30. Most of those off the bench. At the Tigers, if he stays fit he'll have played another 50 and most as a starter. That's a big difference right there. Even if he doesn't cement the fullback spot, he'll have Benji's 5/8 spot when he pulls the pin in a year or two.

Besides that. he's getting more money. Anyone who expects that he should've stayed has rocks in their head.

He would've been crazy to stick around.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
He's played 30 games of first grade at Souths since 2018. If he stays with us, in two years, he'll potentially play another 20 to 30. Most of those off the bench. At the Tigers, if he stays fit he'll have played another 50 and most as a starter. That's a big difference right there. Even if he doesn't cement the fullback spot, he'll have Benji's 5/8 spot when he pulls the pin in a year or two.

Besides that. he's getting more money. Anyone who expects that he should've stayed has rocks in their head.

There’s clearly 2 ways to look at it. I’m with the other way.

Besides , he’d be winning a premiership with us this year or next. Hell will freeze over before the tigpies give him that

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

He played 30 games since 2018 but he had reconstructive knee surgery during that time?
He was rumoured to be paid 550K this season and 600K next season. He is rumoured to have signed at 1.8mil for 4 years. It might be more money guaranteed but not more money per year.
Cody might only be playing for 2 more seasons as well, who knows?
I dont begrudge him or feel ill-will toward him.

Travitoh

First Grade
He played 30 games since 2018 but he had reconstructive knee surgery during that time?
He was rumoured to be paid 550K this season and 600K next season. He is rumoured to have signed at 1.8mil for 4 years. It might be more money guaranteed but not more money per year.
Cody might only be playing for 2 more seasons as well, who knows?
I dont begrudge him or feel ill-will toward him.

ZTackle has him earning $600k a year.
With a starting job in 2020 at WT.

If he stayed, the best Souths could've offered him is maybe replace Cody when he retires in 2022.

It appears to me that Souths have gone back on their word with AD once already. Why would he stick around on the promise of an opportunity in two years time?

Travitoh

First Grade
There’s clearly 2 ways to look at it. I’m with the other way.

Besides , he’d be winning a premiership with us this year or next. Hell will freeze over before the tigpies give him that

This is one of those posts that have a habit of coming back to you...

Souths are far from guarenteed a premiership in the next two seasons, regardless of where Doueihi is playing.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
ZTackle has him earning $600k a year.
With a starting job in 2020 at WT.

If he stayed, the best Souths could've offered him is maybe replace Cody when he retires in 2022.

It appears to me that Souths have gone back on their word with AD once already. Why would he stick around on the promise of an opportunity in two years time?
Yeah I get that, I can't argue with that, it's fair enough.
I'm just expressing my own view, personal disappointment, because 1. we are a much better team than the Tigers; 2. I hope I'm wrong, but I can see this biting us on the arse this season if Adam or Cody get injured - and not wanting to curse them, but I'd bet that's what happens. If the FO have confidence that we have backups, well fine and good, if not we will be in trouble

The Rosco

Bench
This is one of those posts that have a habit of coming back to you...

Souths are far from guarenteed a premiership in the next two seasons, regardless of where Doueihi is playing.
Listen mate.
Don't go putting commonsense up against any of willy old dog's posts.
HE KNOWS EVERYTHING. Just ask him.
"Souths are going to win the comp this year or next."
He said so, that's why.He won't care that it will come back to bite him. 2 years time, new alt.
That's the cowards way.
Bahahahaha
Idiots like him give souths fans a bad rep.

The Rosco

Bench
Dangerous call. Tigers are building nicely. I’d say they’re probably about to enter their premiership window.

Give them a hooker and wham, bam, thank you ma’am they’re premiership threats.

I reckon a dummy half would help too.
No, the 2 biggest flogs on your forum . . . willy and the muppet from Botany . . . both said the WESTSTIGERS are no good.
A combined IQ of maybe 65, but they have spoken.
They know their stuff.
Bahahahaha.

Latest posts