What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Cricket Awards 2020 - Formerly AB Medal

lockyno1

Post Whore
Warner deserved it, so would have Paddy if he got it, they said it was close

No problem from me with Davey winning it, ashes aside he was our best t20 bat and ODI in 2019
Plus a great home test summer,

Deserved it? Come off it. He bashed up Pakistan, woopie...lets compare him to Cummins who has what 100+ wickets this year...if this isn't the final straw on the fact that tests need more weighting I give up. Away tests should be weighted more than home tests too

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
10Warner-kiss.ashx
Will look great next to his sandpaper collection.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Deserved it? Come off it. He bashed up Pakistan, woopie...lets compare him to Cummins who has what 100+ wickets this year...if this isn't the final straw on the fact that tests need more weighting I give up. Away tests should be weighted more than home tests too

coulda woulda shoulda...

Timbo

Staff member
It’s a 3-2-1 system? I think he’s a douche but beyond his lean Ashes, he’s had a stellar run since coming back from suspension across all formats.

mozza91

Coach
I thought Cummins deserved it. Warner had a good home summer and World Cup but had a terrible run in the toughest and most important series of the year.

They need to slow down with the hall of fame too. McDermott was a good quick but HOF should be for the absolute elite and the women that nobody has ever heard of? Cmon.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Shane Watson should have won, he is pretty, pretty shyte.

But hey some rate the DRS.

JJ

Immortal
Wow I agree with this, historically bad Ashes, good WC beats up Pakistan U18 attack and ok against NZ... Smith and Cummins every day imo

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sky just reported, Warner by 2 votes to Smith then about 7 votes to Cummins

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Meh!!

I agree with AG, the AB medal has always been a wannabe Brownpoles.

Didn’t even know this was on shows how well it was marketed and how much they really give a f**k. These awards should be changed to the Matty Wades the great man AB shouldn’t have his name sullied in this crapfest.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This Davey hate is sickening
Not hate, facts.

Basically he won the award for: being banned up until May, having a decent world cup, averaging 10 (ish) during the ashes, and playing very well against Pakistan and decently against NZ.

It's not his fault, it's the point system.

It’s a 3-2-1 system? I think he’s a douche but beyond his lean Ashes, he’s had a stellar run since coming back from suspension across all formats.

He went to piss anytime we needed runs against NZ and did the same when we needed them against India recently.

He's the biggest flat track bully in the history of the national team.