What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

taste2taste

Juniors
This is good news!!

‘Cross between SBW and Inglis’ - South Sydney to offer teen freak monster deal as cross-code war ignites: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c4f8e9a5659c2d629853b3ae457e402e
As expected broke rugby can't compete with league money.

He's going to sign the richest deal in Australian sports history for a teenager..will be interesting to see how much ?

Hopefully he fulfils his potential, the last 'next sbw' to sign a record deal was Karl Filiga who never played 1st grade, the other was Moses Suli who was sacked by the tigers and bulldogs and who is now a slightly above average 1st grader for manly.

callmack1

Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph,

South Sydney ready to active second year on Latrell Mitchell contract

Not wanting a repeat of the drawn-out saga that eventually led him to Redfern, South Sydney have already seen enough of Latrell Mitchell at fullback to know what they need to do.

South Sydney are looking to avoid a repeat of Latrell Mitchell’s contract circus over summer by locking in the second year of his contract before the NRL season kicks off.

The Rabbitohs have an option in their favour with Mitchell for next season which doesn’t have to be activated until April, but they don’t want contract discussions to distract their star recruit and have started talks with his new management.

In less than two weeks, Mitchell will run out for the Indigenous All Stars in his new position of fullback and the word coming out of Redfern is that he is looking every bit as menacing as the wrecking machine who once wore the No.1 jumper, Greg Inglis.

Despite concerns about Mitchell’s fitness and endurance levels after he missed a large chunk of the pre-season, Souths insiders say he is looking every bit a natural fullback at training. And with his size and athleticism, he is going to cause plenty nightmares in the coming months.

Mitchell’s agent Matt Rose said the former Rooster was loving his new life at Souths and extremely motivated by the challenge ahead.

“He has really knuckled down and he is really looking forward to this,” Rose said.

“Latrell is like that. Once he gets things sorted, he gets in and gets going. And this is really exciting for him.”

Mitchell’s late start to pre-season training means it will take some time for his fitness levels to reach where they need to be to master the extra workload at fullback.

Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett is planning to manage the situation by not playing Mitchell at fullback for the full 80 minutes during the early rounds of the competition.

However, Rose said Mitchell was more than ready for the next chapter of his career considering he has already won two premierships and represented NSW and Australia at the age of 22.

“The thing is, he knows he has a big opportunity here,” Rose said. “It requires a very different mindset to his last couple of years (playing in the centres).

“He will be running a lot more and his game will definitely change. But I only think it can be good for him. We know that he has the ability to do it and he just has to get in and get it done.

“If you have a think about it, it is the hardest position on the field. You are needed in defence and attack and in both of those there is a lot of pressure.

“I know the challenge for him is big, but I know it is something he is excited about. He wants to make it.”

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Even if Reynolds wasn’t injured I wouldn’t risk our star halfback in a running game whereas his strength is his kicking game. Nines is a high scoring game and kicking goals isn’t gonna make or break games. I would want to send over our players which are best suited to the format which it looks like we’ve done.

Even if Reynolds wasn’t injured I wouldn’t risk our star halfback in a running game whereas his strength is his kicking game. Nines is a high scoring game and kicking goals isn’t gonna make or break games. I would want to send over our players which are best suited to the format which it looks like we’ve done.

The year we won it, he was our best player and by some margin. Basically kicked all the other teams to death.

I guess it all comes down to whether you want to win the thing or not as to whether you name Reynolds or not.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The year we won it, he was our best player and by some margin. Basically kicked all the other teams to death.

I guess it all comes down to whether you want to win the thing or not as to whether you name Reynolds or not.

I had trouble recalling our gameplay for the 2015 9’s campaign so I went back and watched some of our games in the tournament including the grand final. You’re completely right. Reynolds kicking proved to be the difference in the competition.

However, that was also back when Reynolds kicking was the centre of our game plan. We’ve evolved since then and aren’t so reliant on his kicking ability anymore. Id like to think we’re going into the 9’s with a different strategy to our 2015 strategy also.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I had trouble recalling our gameplay for the 2015 9’s campaign so I went back and watched some of our games in the tournament including the grand final. You’re completely right. Reynolds kicking proved to be the difference in the competition.

However, that was also back when Reynolds kicking was the centre of our game plan. We’ve evolved since then and aren’t so reliant on his kicking ability anymore. Id like to think we’re going into the 9’s with a different strategy to our 2015 strategy also.
Just read the team sheet, looks like we won't be winning it. Giving all the younger blokes a go

callmack1

Staff member
'We want to make him more versatile' - Murray shift shakes up Bunnies: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...-shift-shakes-up-bunnies-20200211-p53ztx.html

Wow. This is pretty massive news for us really! However, I like it!! A lot have people have been crying out for Murray to shift to an edge for a while. If he does end up moving, I'd say he'll play a similar role to Sam in the fact that he can roam and defend in the middle if need be. I like this move if it's certainly happeneing!

Rabbits20

Immortal
'We want to make him more versatile' - Murray shift shakes up Bunnies: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...-shift-shakes-up-bunnies-20200211-p53ztx.html

Wow. This is pretty massive news for us really! However, I like it!! A lot have people have been crying out for Murray to shift to an edge for a while. If he does end up moving, I'd say he'll play a similar role to Sam in the fact that he can roam and defend in the middle if need be. I like this move if it's certainly happeneing!
I just made up an own thread for this too bro, I thought it was worthy of that.

Galeforce

Bench

give the ball to Gebbie , he will love the greater space in nines