What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

When you have made 5000 more first grade tackles than a 20 game rookie. When you have the record for the most tackle breaks ever in a season. When you have played at least 10 more seasons through numerous injuries & set backs , than a rookie has & then the coach says, you guys are all starting off as equals, & the best performer at "training" will get the position to start the season.
Bomber has basically 5 veterans in his squad that are critical, to a man, on having a finals campaign.
2 already want out, another 2 sound far less than impressed, so that leaves Chad.
All of Flannos hard work on recession proofing the club, all gone?

Tiger Shark

Bench
When you have made 5000 more first grade tackles than a 20 game rookie. When you have the record for the most tackle breaks ever in a season. When you have played at least 10 more seasons through numerous injuries & set backs , than a rookie has & then the coach says, you guys are all starting off as equals, & the best performer at "training" will get the position to start the season.
Bomber has basically 5 veterans in his squad that are critical, to a man, on having a finals campaign.
2 already want out, another 2 sound far less than impressed, so that leaves Chad.

You mean Flanno's hard work where he's paying Dugan and Moylan ridiculous overs.

Ads

First Grade
As much as I don’t want Josh Morris going if he is going to carry his bottom lip around the training paddock let’s see if we can get a player from them in return. I’m not necessarily thinking an outside back. Maybe one of their younger forwards coming through. I also don’t want this to happen too quickly. Drag it out a bit and make the Roosters to look like merkins of the NRL that they are.
Nat Butcher. Super talent. I’ll take him.

myrrh ken

First Grade
The balance of our team is partly our fault.

The Joshes might do alright on the wing but they aren't wingers, weren't recruited to be wingers, are being shafted by kids who haven't proven they are better than them, don't really want to be wingers and its not their best position.

I know Fathead and SKD make fair wingers but they have more experience. They could make a fair fist of it but maybe they don't want to cos its the disrespect thing.

Eion

First Grade
Yeah I must say I found that comment about training a bit weird if true. Like hiring an employee solely on an interview and ignoring experience, runs on the board...I know what I’d prefer.

I do imagine it was more bomber being directly pissed at duges than anything else....but maybe josh moz has been collateral damage

Tiger Shark

Bench
Yeah I must say I found that comment about training a bit weird if true.

Seems more like Off season talk 101 to me. To get all players to put in the off season.
  • Incumbents and senior players to not get complacent.
  • Rookies and juniors to train like they legitimately have a shot at a spot.

SharkShocked

Bench
Seems more like Off season talk 101 to me. To get all players to put in the off season.
  • Incumbents and senior players to not get complacent.
  • Rookies and juniors to train like they legitimately have a shot at a spot.

100% accurate, just motivational off season talk.

Particularly when you've got a young coach not long out of the game.

Where some of the more senior players probably think they are a better player than he was. You wonder about the respect level commanded.

Generalzod

Immortal
Why didn’t the Roosters by them both when they both where on the market? Suddenly now wants to play along side his brother lol...

Stake Removed

First Grade
You have to play hard ball with them, we should get a quality veteran from them, that would be JWH for me, if not him Jake Friend be massive asset to BB

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The balance of our team is partly our fault.

The Joshes might do alright on the wing but they aren't wingers, weren't recruited to be wingers, are being shafted by kids who haven't proven they are better than them, don't really want to be wingers and its not their best position.

I know Fathead and SKD make fair wingers but they have more experience. They could make a fair fist of it but maybe they don't want to cos its the disrespect thing.
I bet both would jump at the NSW or Australian number 2 or 5.

Well maybe not Morris he has retired.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not recall Brett Morris complaining when Trent Robinson picked two young promising centres and he was played on the wing.

Just got on with it.

Poor form I say.