What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

gordynz

Juniors
When was the last time we had this much competition for positions? It can only be a good problem to have. Below are the only players that I think to have solidified a spot in the starting side.

Nofo
BJ
Mbye (Still uncertain on what position but definitely makes the 13)
Benji
Brooks
Twal
Mikaele
Garner

Tigerm

First Grade
When was the last time we had this much competition for positions? It can only be a good problem to have. Below are the only players that I think to have solidified a spot in the starting side.

Nofo
BJ
Mbye (Still uncertain on what position but definitely makes the 13)
Benji
Brooks
Twal
Mikaele
Garner
Maybe Thommo, Douiehi & L Leilua would be thinking they may be there (to start with) as well?

gordynz

Juniors
Maybe Thommo, Douiehi & L Leilua would be thinking they may be there (to start with) as well?
They're all in my side but I wouldn't be surprised to see Luciano on the bench before transitioning to the starting side after a couple of weeks. You're right in regards to AD and Thompson, both should be in the starting 13 but just unsure who plays where. It's a real toss up atm

Tigers4ever

Juniors
1 Thompson
2 Nofo
3 AD
4 BJ
5 Jennings
6 Benji
7 Brooks
8 Twal
9 Walters
10 Mikaele
11 Garner
12 MCK
13 Aloiai

14 Mbye
15 Musgrove
16 Clark
17 Luciano
That will be my 17 for round 1
Tigers to be 2020 premier’s

Tigers4ever

Juniors
For the team above, Musgrove and Clark will give Twal and Mikaele a spell in the front row. Luciano can give Aloiai a spell at lock. When Mbye comes on for Walters I’d push Benji to dummy half and Mbye at 5/8 to put on some plays. I also think with the team we have great depth, if injury’s occurred during the game we have cover. Some players will be unlucky to not be picked, but it will push them to there limits to be the best they can. I have a good feeling.

axl rose

Bench
To be honest neither am I. I think we are a better team than last year but that doesn't mean we make the finals.

I think we can sneak in somehow. Looking at the teams that finished below us Tits, Drags, Cows, Warriors, Dogs, Knights, Riff. I cant see improvement in any of those teams. Cows have a few new recruits but Green is bereft of ideas. Of the finals teams Raiders and Eels usually capitalise on a finals appearance with the spoon the year after.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think we can sneak in somehow. Looking at the teams that finished below us Tits, Drags, Cows, Warriors, Dogs, Knights, Riff. I cant see improvement in any of those teams. Cows have a few new recruits but Green is bereft of ideas. Of the finals teams Raiders and Eels usually capitalise on a finals appearance with the spoon the year after.
I think Chooks & Storm have lost a lot of talent as well, that has got to hurt them.

BrotherJim05

Bench
A lot of the top teams have lost talent:
Roosters: Cronk and Latrell
Storm: Chambers, Croft, Scott, Stimson
Raiders: BJ, Sezer
Bunnies: Burgess (yes they gained Latrell but they are massive light on forwards now)
Manly: Fainu
Sharks: Gallen

Losing these players have made all these teams weaker. You could argue Sharks have like for like replacement with Jack Williams but Gallen leaving leaves a leadership void. Panthers and Broncos have lost players but I'd argue they look better this year with coaches having settled in and identified their best 17.

Then a lot of struggling teams this year have gotten stronger:
Tigers: AD, BJ, Luciano
Cowboys: Holmes
Bulldogs: Thompson, Stimson, DWZ from mid-season
Eels (always struggling in my eyes): Matterson, RCG

Then you've got Dragons, Knights, Warriors, Titans....all going nowhere. Knights and Dragons have the talent but I just don't see them getting their shit together

I think 2020 will be a very interesting year in which we will see the beginning of a major power shift on the ladder. The top teams will still be up there but we will start to see struggling teams pushing regular top 8 teams out of the way. To summarize:

Teams that will finish higher than they did last year (not in any order):
Tigers
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Panthers
Broncos

Teams that will go backwards (some further than others):
Storm
Raiders
Bunnies
Sharks
Eels (because its Eels)

Teams that will stay roughly where they are:
Roosters
Manly
Dragons
Knights
Titans
Warriors

For the reason I think we will end up in Top 8

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
A lot of the top teams have lost talent:
Roosters: Cronk and Latrell
Storm: Chambers, Croft, Scott, Stimson
Raiders: BJ, Sezer
Bunnies: Burgess (yes they gained Latrell but they are massive light on forwards now)
Manly: Fainu
Sharks: Gallen

Losing these players have made all these teams weaker. You could argue Sharks have like for like replacement with Jack Williams but Gallen leaving leaves a leadership void. Panthers and Broncos have lost players but I'd argue they look better this year with coaches having settled in and identified their best 17.

Then a lot of struggling teams this year have gotten stronger:
Tigers: AD, BJ, Luciano
Cowboys: Holmes
Bulldogs: Thompson, Stimson, DWZ from mid-season
Eels (always struggling in my eyes): Matterson, RCG

Then you've got Dragons, Knights, Warriors, Titans....all going nowhere. Knights and Dragons have the talent but I just don't see them getting their shit together

I think 2020 will be a very interesting year in which we will see the beginning of a major power shift on the ladder. The top teams will still be up there but we will start to see struggling teams pushing regular top 8 teams out of the way. To summarize:

Teams that will finish higher than they did last year (not in any order):
Tigers
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Panthers
Broncos

Teams that will go backwards (some further than others):
Storm
Raiders
Bunnies
Sharks
Eels (because its Eels)

Teams that will stay roughly where they are:
Roosters
Manly
Dragons
Knights
Titans
Warriors

For the reason I think we will end up in Top 8
Well thought out BJ05, I think the chooks might go backwards as they have lost the LM replacement (can't think of his name) as well & not sure who there GK is and how well he goes. As they are ranked just above us?

goal-kicking_20200231.jpg

Tiger05

First Grade

We are good enough to make the finals. I honestly think we have a good overall team but we have a problem at hooker which can derail a season.

All of those teams mentioned can turn it on as well. The comp to me is a lot closer this season.

gordynz

Juniors
My top 8 in no particular order would be:

Tigers
Storm
Manly
Roosters
Rabbitohs
Eels
Panthers
Raiders

The Broncos have the pack to make the 8 but still don't rate their spine so for me they miss out.

Tigerm

First Grade
Strongest player.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/a26570d65277dd3f2b5816eff3856f3a

TIGERS

In the words of Benji Marshall:

“BJ Leilua has been pretty impressive since he got here.

“Guys like Tommy Mikaele are pretty strong... Luke Brooks, surprisingly, pound-for-pound, I reckon he’d be the strongest.”

In the words of Moses Mbye:

“One of our young boys Tommy Mikaele, he lifts some serious weight.

“He’s the strongest by far. I don’t know the exact numbers because I’m not even in his calibre so I don’t go in his group.

“He’d be (benching) plus 150 and he’s nudging 300 on deadlifts and stuff. He’s strong.”

super_coach

First Grade
Anyone know if the trade is still a potential goer or if it has been caned. It seems to have gone very quite. Was talk the NRL have some issue with the cap and what player comes under what cap. Introducing a new nine three weeks out from round one is not a great situation

Anyone know if the trade is still a potential goer or if it has been caned. It seems to have gone very quite. Was talk the NRL have some issue with the cap and what player comes under what cap. Introducing a new nine three weeks out from round one is not a great situation
The fact that Momo has been named to play in the Nines this weekend would indicate, at this stage, it's business as usual and the Tigers are getting on with their pre-season.

axl rose

Bench
You'd think the NRL could let the Tigers and Storm know by now. If it was a Burgess salary cap exemption it would have been done weeks ago.

super_coach

First Grade
The fact that Momo has been named to play in the Nines this weekend would indicate, at this stage, it's business as usual and the Tigers are getting on with their pre-season.

seems that way. Was looking forward to having a real no 9, but Momo offers plenty so not the end of the earth

super_coach

First Grade
You'd think the NRL could let the Tigers and Storm know by now. If it was a Burgess salary cap exemption it would have been done weeks ago.

They probably have told them what is required to get signed off and the two clubs have either rejected the NRL proposal or are still trying to get the NRL to change their proposal