What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

SBD82

Coach
I think some of you blokes are being a bit harsh on JMoz.

He saw an opportunity to play in his preferred position with his brother in the same team, sought a release to take the opportunity, and now it looks like he’s had that request rejected.

Seems as though he’s been upfront with the club. What more do you want from a bloke that you signed as a mercenary?

If he plays for you this year he’s not the type to have a sook. He showed that last year when he was played out of position. He just got stuck in and was regularly your best back.

shaggs

Coach

He saw an opportunity to play in his preferred position with his brother in the same team, sought a release to take the opportunity, and now it looks like he’s had that request rejected.

Seems as though he’s been upfront with the club. What more do you want from a bloke that you signed as a mercenary?

If he plays for you this year he’s not the type to have a sook. He showed that last year when he was played out of position. He just got stuck in and was regularly your best back.
A mercenary?

The sharks offered him the opportunity to continue playing in the NRL. No other club wanted him and he didn’t want to go to England.

If the roosters release Daniel Tupou and the bench forward with the long hair in a swap, I’d be ok with it

MilkShark

First Grade

Roosters shopping list for the past 12 months includes: flano, xerri, morris and dugan

Get f**ked rorters.

SBD82

Coach
A mercenary?

The sharks offered him the opportunity to continue playing in the NRL. No other club wanted him and he didn’t want to go to England.

If the roosters release Daniel Tupou and the bench forward with the long hair in a swap, I’d be ok with it
Maybe mercenary is too strong a term. Journeyman?

Your club signed him to fill a gap in the roster. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s not as though he’s a local junior where you invested in his development and gave him his shot at first grade. It was a mutually beneficial scenario, and I would say that he exceeded expectations. There were plenty doubting the signing at the time.

As to no other club wanting him, I’m confident he would have had offers either waiting in the wings or come up later. The sharks were a good fit for him geographically and with other former origin teammates, but he could have easily made it work elsewhere.

I do not recall Brett Morris complaining when Trent Robinson picked two young promising centres and he was played on the wing.

Just got on with it.

Poor form I say.
What? Brett Morris has always played wing. Because has about 10 m on his brother, who is also fricken quick.

SBD82

Coach
Roosters shopping list for the past 12 months includes: flano, xerri, morris and dugan

Get f**ked rorters.
I think you could let all of them except Xerri go and it wouldn’t be a net loss.

And I can’t imagine them chasing Dugan very hard. Sharks would have to carry a lot of the freight for his next two years for him to be of value to anyone, and that’s just performance, not attitude. I think Morris would be a much more attractive signing for anyone looking for a centre.

Listem mate, can you go & do this job, that I know you dont like, because everybody else here I have , is rubbish at it. Even though, you are better at their jobs too. OK? yeah
all good. Im not into poor formin

MilkShark

First Grade
I think you could let all of them except Xerri go and it wouldn’t be a net loss.

And I can’t imagine them chasing Dugan very hard. Sharks would have to carry a lot of the freight for his next two years for him to be of value to anyone, and that’s just performance, not attitude. I think Morris would be a much more attractive signing for anyone looking for a centre.
Agree, but its more about the sheer nerve of them to disturb our camp with interest in a third of our starting team.

Maybe just maybe they will have to play less than full strength this year. Shock horror.

Or blood some new younger players like we have.

Just back the f**k off.

Who are the two best at leaping high for the ball in our team?
I think Dugan and Morris, I don't know if Ronaldo is good at it or not.
Anyway, with the rule change of not being able to tackle an attacking player in the air this basically gives the attacking team a better than even chance of scoring if they catch it in goal.
That's why I want Duges and Morris on the wings. Nothing about seniority blah blah blah. Strategically it is the best move.
Now as long as we have the kickers to put the ball in the right spot...

i actually think that rule change will benefit the guy 1 in. Keep it away from the sideline now. Either way, players chase the location of the ball, from wherever.

i actually think that rule change will benefit the guy 1 in. Keep it away from the sideline now. Either way, players chase the location of the ball, from wherever.
Good point.
Watch this vid of Bomber talking, I think it's great. Looks like he is gravitating towards J-Moz at fullback for at least the start of the season, and no guarantees for anyone.
He speaks well.

https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2020...6yDyUCEt9pwn3uvs88BhLWyvKkJ62WUTlQE7hb0VAHNeA

Inferno

Coach
Morris seems the type of professional who even if denied the release will just get on with the job.

Dugan on the other hand...

Morris is off contract this year anyway, go to the Chooks next year mate.

Valheru

Coach
A mercenary?

I have seen you guys mention toops a few times, you are in a very special fantasy land if you think that will happen.

As it stands there are whispers that we are negotiating a swap for a middle forward.

Enjoy Lindsay Collins.

shaggs

Coach
I have seen you guys mention toops a few times, you are in a very special fantasy land if you think that will happen.

As it stands there are whispers that we are negotiating a swap for a middle forward.

Enjoy Lindsay Collins.
Lindsay Collins. Grose