What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Appears as though it may have failed.
This building is 6 floors below those hoardings, and they weren't going to stop this flood.
I'ts under construction though, so this may not happen in the future, once completed.

Suitman

Post Whore
The whole Riverside precinct got hammered today.

Normally....and then today.

xPUcqnp.jpg

And, some other pics...

Near the ferry wharf.....

emjaycee

Coach
A long read, but a lot of great things said about Parra......and well deserved too.
This will be an amazing addition to Parramatta's skyline and there'll be untold tourism benefits.

https://www.afr.com/life-and-luxury/...0191128-p53f4t

A006A3F8-5826-4EF1-AA80-07940BF290B8.md.jpg

Lisa Havilah’s ambitious plans for Sydney’s Powerhouse Museum
Few cultural institutions in Australia have been as controversial as the high-profile museum project in Parramatta.

As chief executive of the Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences, Lisa Havilah has hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars at stake. James Brickwood
Jane Albert
Jan 30, 2020 — 9.55am

Lisa Havilah was only 21 years old when she opened her first art gallery. Growing up on a dairy farm in the southern NSW town of Berry, Havilah was, in her words, a failure at high school, disengaged and uninterested.
With no hope of gaining a place at university, she applied to the local art school and was immediately entranced.
Keen to display her work, she and her boyfriend (now husband), ceramicist and curator Glenn Barkley, approached a Wollongong gallery about holding an exhibition. When they were turned down they took matters into their own hands, convincing a local business to rebuild a disused kitchen warehouse

...........Continued...……. - see link above. Apparently, I can't post a link with more than 10000 characters.

Except it is being built in the wrong spot.
Should be at the Factory St Heritage site in Nth Parra then they wouldnt have to demolish some heritage listed buildings to build this one.

Suitman

Post Whore
Except it is being built in the wrong spot.
Should be at the Factory St Heritage site in Nth Parra then they wouldnt have to demolish some heritage listed buildings to build this one.

There's only 1 heritage listed building at threat, and it may very well be retained.
Have you seen the plans?
It'll be an absolute bonus for Parra.

emjaycee

Coach
There's only 1 heritage listed building at threat, and it may very well be retained.
Have you seen the plans?
It'll be an absolute bonus for Parra.
Willow Grove and St Georges Terraces are both heritage listed I believe.
And yes, I have seen the plans mate :p

Gronk

Staff member