What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan could start NRL season in reserves after rejecting Super League move

Inferno

Coach
Do we think there’s an option to try to retire medically on mental health. Not so much just Dugan but in general?

Very interesting question I was wondering exactly the same thing today. There's no precedent but it will only be a matter of time I think before it's allowed. It's just as important and just as debilitating as physical health so why not?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Again if the bloke is never playing again.

Not included in salary.

The rest up to insurance dudes, good luck with that.

Ads

First Grade
Very interesting question I was wondering exactly the same thing today. There's no precedent but it will only be a matter of time I think before it's allowed. It's just as important and just as debilitating as physical health so why not?
I don’t think the nrl would have the balls to not approve a mental health medical retirement.

carcharias

Immortal
I think just the opposite.

I dont think they've the balls to question it.

Mental health is a no go zone.

Anybody gets caught ferking up on a bender ?......l was depressed.
Theyre off limits straight away.

got a mate who was caught pinching drugs ( ambo dude )
Said he was addicted and depressed.
They gave him paid leave and counselling.
The other dudes who tried to deny it got sacked.

Ads

First Grade
A few subsequent posters seem to have misunderstood that red bit. Its a good point.
Yep. The current climate (not the climate) surrounding mental health pretty much guarantees that the nrl would have to accept it. The pr backlash wouldn’t be worth challenging it.

coolumsharkie

Referee
got a mate who was caught pinching drugs ( ambo dude )
Said he was addicted and depressed.
They gave him paid leave and counselling.
The other dudes who tried to deny it got sacked.

Indicative of todays world, and in return the weak minded stay that way as there is no self taught coping mechanism when life turns to shit. Kudos to your mate though.

carcharias

Immortal
The whistle is pethadine.

If there was a fentanyl whistle Bondi Rescue would have a running body count each episode.
Oh ok.

I’m sure he said fentanyl
I thought it was what was in the whistle.
Super addictive... like the most addictive thing around.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The whistle is pethadine.

If there was a fentanyl whistle Bondi Rescue would have a running body count each episode.

Not quite sadden. The green whistle is Methoxyflurane (trade name Penthrax) and it is non opiate.

Fentanyl is farged. Very good analgesia but very, very dangerous. Narcan doesn't work very well on it so if you OD you are in deep shit unless the rescuers have multiple doses of narcan available.

Stealing Fentanyl from an ambo or anywhere else would be quite hard without a lot of lies and subterfuge as it is strictly controlled.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I cant understand why anyone would get addicted to fentanyl, i have take the stuff and couldnt wait to get off it, and i was on that much of it, but why you would want to be on it i have no idea

Generalzod

Immortal

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Josh Dugan finished his rehab training and disappeared without word or comment.

He went off home after working on an injury which the club has, as yet, not been able to diagnose.

Dugan has dismissed the club’s lack of diagnosis and is now said to be searching for a doctor who can find the injury he insists is there.

https://theland-downunder.com/2020/...-the-real-measure-of-courage-in-rugby-league/
First time Ive heard Kaarrnty say anything positive about the Sharks. So 900k this year and 975k next year.....what a cluster f**k. Im sure Reefy said he was on 600k....not like him to get his figures wrong

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
Interesting comnent at the bottom about the roosters considering a trade of a middle forward for Mozz.