What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Plays Where?

Richard Norton

Juniors
Hey all,
The season is almost here...
With who we have, who we have signed, and who we have lost, who would you guys like to see play where?
For me, id like Merrin to not slim down so much and play prop alongside Vaughan.
Kerr, K.Sims, and Lawrie as back up forwards.
Play Graham on the bench, and let Kerr and Lawrie fight it out for a bench spot.
Tyrell id play at lock (if JDB isnt available).
From all reports he is a slightly smaller rock hard version of Frizzell.
Id like to see Lomax at 1, Saab and Rava in 2 and 5, and Williame and one of the Feigi brothers in the centres.
Big no nonsence forwards up front, and yound and fast outside backs.
Hunt and Norman would, without a doubt in imo, run amuck with big boys up front and that speedy youth out wide.
Might take a few games to gel, but when they do... id say the entertainers will be back...
Oh, that is if Mary is sacked off course!!!

kit66

Bench
We have 6 props we can use ahead of Merrin and we're a bit light on quality 2nd rowers apart from Friz and T.Sims so why not use Merrin as a bench 2nd rower where his skills can be put to good use. I'd start K.Sims and Vaughan at prop with Kerr and Graham on the bench - until Blacker can force his way into the team.
Possibly Tyrell and Williame in the centres - I know stuff all about them but what have we got to lose, give it a shot.

Bench
It is obvious that we need to inject new players into the 17 for each game. But will McIdiot stick with Lafai and Aitken, thay would not surprise me one bit.

Richard Norton

Juniors
We have 6 props we can use ahead of Merrin and we're a bit light on quality 2nd rowers apart from Friz and T.Sims so why not use Merrin as a bench 2nd rower where his skills can be put to good use. I'd start K.Sims and Vaughan at prop with Kerr and Graham on the bench - until Blacker can force his way into the team.
Possibly Tyrell and Williame in the centres - I know stuff all about them but what have we got to lose, give it a shot.
Id personally preffer Tyrell at lock or 2nd row.
Not in the centres, we need young specialty centres, Feigi, Lomax etc etc
Play Frizz at lock, Ford or Tyrell in the 2nd row, and keep Merrin up front.
He attracts 2 or 3 defenders each hit up and can offload.
My biggest concern up front is Graham, full of passion but way past his prime in effectiveness.
We got K.Sims, Lawrie, Kerr, Vaughan and Merrin up front with Blacker as a smokie also.

Dragons2020

Juniors
1. Lomax
2. Ramsey/ Ravawala
3. Willame
4. Don’t know
5. Saab
6. Norman
7.Hunt
9. McInnes (c)
8,10,11,12,13 hardest fittest forwards

qld redvee

Juniors
I would be hoping tyrell gets a chance at lock during the trials to see how he stacks up. from the way some players have mentioned he is pretty hard to tackle and is strong. If he can handle the tackling then i reckon there is our JDB replacement if needed..

Richard Norton

Juniors
1. Lomax
2. Ramsey/ Ravawala
3. Willame
4. Don’t know
5. Saab
6. Norman
7.Hunt
9. McInnes (c)
8,10,11,12,13 hardest fittest forwards
Id love Ramsey at fullback, lomax and Sailor in the centres, and Rava and Saab on the wings....
Wont happen, but what an exciting backline that would be.

SnowDragon

Juniors
1. Lomax
2. Peirera
3. ?
4. ?
5. Saab
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes (c)
10. Korbin
11. Tariq
12. Frizzel
13. Merrin

reserves
Kerr
Tyrell
Ford
Lawrie
Blacker (like to see him given some chances, and step up more when ready)

that gives 4 forwards, 2 of which could handle back positions. I like Korbin off the bench, so wouldn’t be adverse to him swapping with Kerr or Lawrie.

Backs to keep in reserve / fill centres
- centres depend on form. Like to see sailor and Rava get a chance, but if in form, Lafai and Aitken still have something to offer (sorry guys)
- if Lomax performs at fullback great, if not Sailor would be my choice, unless Dufty does shows form...
Sailor
Rava
Williame
Dufty
Aitken
Lafai

TomRedVRiver

Bench
There's the team I'd like, and the team there will be.
Here's what to expect :

Lomax
Pereira
Aitken
Lafai
Rava
Norman
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Friz
Sims
Merrin

Luke
Lawrie
Korbin
Tyrell/Williame

Dragonsamy

Bench
I would be hoping tyrell gets a chance at lock during the trials to see how he stacks up. from the way some players have mentioned he is pretty hard to tackle and is strong. If he can handle the tackling then i reckon there is our JDB replacement if needed..

He is also quite quick .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He’ll be there but I couldn’t fit Graham into my top 17 if I’m to be brutally honest. If he was there it would be at lock as a ball playing tackling machine because his impact in hit ups isn’t what it once was.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Hey all,
The season is almost here...
With who we have, who we have signed, and who we have lost, who would you guys like to see play where?
For me, id like Merrin to not slim down so much and play prop alongside Vaughan.
Kerr, K.Sims, and Lawrie as back up forwards.
Play Graham on the bench, and let Kerr and Lawrie fight it out for a bench spot.
Tyrell id play at lock (if JDB isnt available).
From all reports he is a slightly smaller rock hard version of Frizzell.
Id like to see Lomax at 1, Saab and Rava in 2 and 5, and Williame and one of the Feigi brothers in the centres.
Big no nonsence forwards up front, and yound and fast outside backs.
Hunt and Norman would, without a doubt in imo, run amuck with big boys up front and that speedy youth out wide.
Might take a few games to gel, but when they do... id say the entertainers will be back...
Oh, that is if Mary is sacked off course!!!

We're all speculating on players some of whom we've never seen play. It happens every year with new signings. This will never happen but an innovation I would like to see at our club is an internal possibles v probables in four quarters, the week before the Charity Shield with all NRL, CC and development squad players allowed to play. I'd definitely go to watch that.

Crush

Coach
We're all speculating on players some of whom we've never seen play. It happens every year with new signings. This will never happen but an innovation I would like to see at our club is an internal possibles v probables in four quarters, the week before the Charity Shield with all NRL, CC and development squad players allowed to play. I'd definitely go to watch that.
Speculating about players we have never seen is our specialty in this forum!
Its the best part!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Speculating about players we have never seen is our specialty in this forum!
Its the best part!
Fui’Haki looks the goods..

I’m tipping he makes first grade before the end of the year..

Latest posts