What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

betcats

Referee
The footage in question here is being used in his defence and the police do have it.
The footage Greenberg wants to see is evidence in the proceedings, Eid has said his team have not received consent from the police to release this footage to the NRL. And he believes providing it without that police consent would breach legislation... i dont know the ins and outs of that, but that is Eid's claim

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cu...ing-over-footage-request-20200208-p53yzb.html

"The police force are seeking legal advice, however, in the interim they have confirmed that they have no intention of releasing any of the footage to any persons outside their mandatory brief of evidence serve orders made by the court."

It has never been stated or implied they're sitting on footage that clears him that the police dont have or they dont intend to use, so im not sure where you're going with that..
If Eid is being truthful here (and he may not be, again, dont know what the actual protocol is for this in terms of Scott's team providing this evidence to the NRL) he's saying they not legally able to give the footage to the NRL, they'd happily do so but the police need to agree, so Todd needs to go to the cops and gain that clearance if he'd like to be informed before making his decision.

Surprise surprise it gets handed over last minute.

Even if Scotts lawyers claims about police procedure breaches are true he is already accused of a committing a crime prior to the police arriving. The idea that he is going to get off because the cops hand cuffed him early seems ridiculous to me, he had already allegedly been acting erratically and violently(how police will describe it) before the police got there, they get there and he gets more violent allegedly....IF they did cuff him while he was asleep it is probably justified by his violent reaction.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Surprise surprise it gets handed over last minute.

Even if Scotts lawyers claims about police procedure breaches are true he is already accused of a committing a crime prior to the police arriving. The idea that he is going to get off because the cops hand cuffed him early seems ridiculous to me, he had already been acting erratically and violently(how police will describe it) before the police got there.

according to Eid the police have finally agreed to let the NRL view the tape. They aren’t releasing it just letting them view it. So I actually think Eid was correct here, he didn’t have the power to provide it to them. The only reason they’re seeing it is because the police have elected to let them

As for the charges. He's charged with 6 offences... two counts of assaulting an officer in the execution of duty.
If the claims about procedure breaches are true and the assault charges dont stick, the other 4 amount of basically resisting arrest, swearing and trespassing. That's some petty teenage level shit and he could plead guilty to all of those charges and he's unlikely to receive anything more than the lightest slaps on the wrist.

Now i very much doubt that's the case. I think this is all just posturing from Scott's camp to help with plea negotiations and put some doubt in the NRL's mind about that punishment. But if (and again, i doubt it) he does get clean of those assault charges, this is not a significant incident at all.

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
I’m stupid because it took you 4 f**ken pages to workout that it is more than reasonable for a cop to shoot someone in the back?

how old are you? 12

You're all wankers because you've been arguing 4 pages of hypotheticals and semantics to come up with;
"In some possible circumstances police may be justified shooting someone in the back; other times it would not be justified. But I'd really like a genuinely independent inquiry if it happened to someone in my family."

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I’m stupid because it took you 4 f**ken pages to workout that it is more than reasonable for a cop to shoot someone in the back?

how old are you? 12

You’re too dumb. You can’t even f**k off when told. My point is and always has been is that it’s possible for the police to kill you. With no witnesses they can come up with any f**ken reason. So much so even a complete moron like yourself can make one up. Now do as you’re told and f**k off.

wibble

Bench
Scratching my head why this thread has instigated such anger. On the face of it a merkin got up to some merkinery, cops get involved, it will all come out in the wash?

I could understand if Raiders fans were pissed, but it seems to be fans of other clubs?

Well really, everyone is basically agreeing that Scott is a bloody idiot and is probably guilty as charged, but there is a possibility his claims about police mistreatment are true (and neither is mutually exclusive).

The "anger" is us disagreeing on how much others are overstating one case or the other, but it appears we pretty much all actually think the wash is likely to show Scott isn't clean.

Canard

Immortal
You’re too dumb. You can’t even f**k off when told. My point is and always has been is that it’s possible for the police to kill you. With no witnesses they can come up with any f**ken reason. So much so even a complete moron like yourself can make one up. Now do as you’re told and f**k off.

R U OK?

Craigshark

First Grade

yep definitely 12

BadnMean

Juniors

some11

Referee
Lol. I think someone just informed Mr Scott that Mr Eid's last NRL clients included a guy who ended up the fall guy for a fixing conspiracy where the NRL player was the only one to do time & who died not long after...

This is a dumpster fire.
Curtis: So what's our defence

Eid: It's the Constitution. It's Mabo. It's justice. It's law. It's the vibe..

Last edited:

Latest posts