What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

George Dragon

Juniors
Do you think that his frame is suited to the additional bulk and any idea what the "desired" weight is for him?
I think many of our players look far to "muscled or bulked up" and I think for some their lateral movement is affected any ideas on that?
Yes
He didn't say
He will bulk some more over off season and shed in pre season.
He has speed so it should be ok
He needs to gain muscle his defence is no where near FG standard.

Wittenberg

Juniors
All our forward stocks are in for a world of pain with Mc Fookknuckle's power game being the foundation to "his success".
Ford at < 100kg will be exposed to the gym and "the muscle bulk" programme that has been the downfall of so many of our players.
We keep trying to build our players into "action figure" shapes and that has been an unmitigated disaster.
I cannot see that other than Vaughan (not tot confident for him either) that any of our current rep players will be in the selection mix in 2020 as they have all gone backwards whilst so many players at other clubs have excelled under astute coaching.
Agree regarding our forwards, they have gone backwards with the exception perhaps of Luch who improved in the last game. I think our rep forwards will be picked, at least for the first Origin game because Fittler & Co. tend to stay 'loyal'.

nontime111

Juniors
Big call re Ford and Origin. He needs to bulk up a little. He has good pace and a good work rate but I don’t want to see too much expectation put on him just yet. He is a genuine talent but I hope he is used properly. Host had potential too and remember what hopes there were with him. Host was partly overrated, partly poorly used. Let’s see if Ford can survive Mary before we talk of Origin. I too have great hopes for Luch, using him as a trade for Matterson would have been a tragedy.
yes I agree, I meant that Ford might be an origin player if he bulks more, i mean not next season but possibly anytime after that if he keeps uo the brilliance

BLM01

First Grade
CC Dragons: the Nicholls and Clune combo
Dragons Canterbury Cup halves Darren Nicholls and Adam Clune talk about their on-field combination and the significance of players' NRL experience throughout the season.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/11/27/cc-dragons-the-nicholls-and-clune-combo/
Why are they showing an interview now with Darren Nicholls..FMD our media sucks...
supposedly departed..what significance now does it have.....unless Dessie's back as Mat Head is

qld redvee

Juniors
Why are they showing an interview now with Darren Nicholls..FMD our media sucks...
supposedly departed..what significance now does it have.....unless Dessie's back as Mat Head is
BLM01 someone on the forum said that nicholls was now with a QLD CC side so you would think we would have re shot the interview or canned it ... maybe they should have aired it during the season .. Sometimes our great club acts so amateurish its sad

George Dragon

Juniors
Will Saunders has signed a 4 year deal with the Dragons 2 years Flegg and then DP.
He played for the Dogs SG side for the last 2 years and was part of their GF team under Willie.
He is a tuff front rower and was chased by a few clubs.
With a lot of exciting backs coming thru this is just what we need.20191218_135101.jpg

BLM01

First Grade
thanks for the update george looks a good prospect

Just wish the club would convey this information through to fans / members
Why.... according to our club the supporters are a bunch of whingeing nannies and you have social media to do their job for them. Why?...because I bet most of their correspondence on social media, emails and phone calls from the supporters is weighed on the negative side

getsmarty

Immortal
auquathon.jpg

JERSEY FLEGG

Young Dragons embrace Aquathon challenge
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 21 Jan 2020, 01:38 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will be once again joining the Aquathon on Australia day in 2019.

The Dragons Jersey Flegg will be taking on the short course as part of some extra pre-season training, in what is one of the Illawarra's annual premier sporting and community events.

"Aquathon is inclusive and creates huge buzz and excitement," event director Rob Battocchio told the Illawarra Mercury.

"The fun-filled crowd is a sea of children and families, competitive to the novice, locals to the interstate visitors, toddlers in prams to seniors walking or in wheelchairs; and everything in between."

This year, all fundraising and donations raised from the Aquathon would be directed to Anglicare's bushfire appeal.

Kick start your Australia Day and register now at: http://aquathon.com.au

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/01/21/young-dragons-embrace-aquathon-challenge/

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Will Saunders has signed a 4 year deal with the Dragons 2 years Flegg and then DP.
He played for the Dogs SG side for the last 2 years and was part of their GF team under Willie.
He is a tuff front rower and was chased by a few clubs.
With a lot of exciting backs coming thru this is just what we need.View attachment 34775

He has the evil smile of someone who's been assured that by the time he's out of Flegg and challenging for CC or an NRL spot, Mary will be gone and Flanno will be running the show

George Dragon

Juniors