What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth67

First Grade
Contrition for your crime by admitting it always received some leniency the other aspect is commercial reality I would suspect.
Cheaper to give a discount (for early plea) than for a trial to run full course and the early release of an inmate is also cheaper and of course when the courts have a backlog the quicker you get out the sooner someone else can get in both at the court and the jail.

I see your point O.T. - however the commercial aspect is a sad indictment of the modern times in which we live , sad indeed .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Muzby. You are a random on the internet.
Indeed I am.. As are you..

Which is why I recommend for stuff such as active trials your best source of truthful information is what is being published by the press, not rumours on social media.

1. The press are present at court and have instructions over what is true, and what can be published.

2. In the case there are suppression orders around any trials, rumours on social media can be seen as breaking those (regardless if the rumour is true or fake)

Indeed I am.. As are you..

Which is why I recommend for stuff such as active trials your best source of truthful information is what is being published by the press, not rumours on social media.

1. The press are present at court and have instructions over what is true, and what can be published.

2. In the case there are suppression orders around any trials, rumours on social media can be seen as breaking those (regardless if the rumour is true or fake)

You're the only one talking about social media

We’re on a form of social media........................

I was unaware that anyone else had suggested that legal argument revolved around a S132 application.

In any case, I have deleted my post about what I had been told part of the legal argument is about. No need to muddy waters.

I like you as a poster a great deal but this thread is an odd choice as an outlet for petulance.

Dragonsamy

Bench
If he's found guilty in August, we've effectively paid close to a million dollars to a criminal to sit on the sidelines for 2 years.

And if he's innocent, his current contract expires and he'll likely sign for another club to get a fresh start.

It's a shit sandwich all round.

Agree
Also he will have sat out 2 seasons and I doubt he will ever be the player he was, even if found not guilty .

possm

Coach
This is a good post.

I’m afraid that if it’s August, it may be in the best interests of the club to let him go for the year.
It should never have come to this. The NRL is deciding to stand JDB down should have taken all responsibility for his contract, including financial responsibility. From the time JDB was stood down, his salary cap allocaton should not be fully compensated in order that a replacement be recruited until a verdict his delivered by the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts