What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL Nines February 14-15

Glenneel

Bench
I went to Adelaide once as a kid, never been back, the only thing I remember about it was swimming at some beach that had no waves, and some merkin let a floater loose, and it was f**king huge.
They're called sharks over there.

Glenneel

Bench
Ol' mate Bazal makes some pertinent points. For me (I'm glad you asked), cricket is like any other sport. It will continue on as long as there are dollars to be made.
Seemed to die big time this summer. Even the big bash, which was very popular on 10 the year before, seems to become boring and everyone seemed glad it was finally over. Has 7 paid a fortune for buying a dying game?

Eelogical

Referee
Cricket went to shit when the west indians found better things to do with their time
People in general have found other things to do with their time. To seriously follow the BBL series one would have to commit a lot of spare time to watch all the games. There is a lot of cricket to watch during summer, and with the WBBL series out there as well, it pushes cricket to saturation levels, as Bazal pointed out. When WSC became a thing the crowds and ratings were phenomenal. A five test series that ended in the first week or so of January followed by a triangular one day series between the two competing test teams and a third international team that came here only for the that series. No TV coverage in the city that each game was played ensured larger crowds.
Then the one day series became tiresome for whatever reasons. Enter BBL, a shortened version of a shorter game. Now, almost a decade on are people tiring of that as well or do they have other fixes like the instant gratification that facebook and the likes gives them? Maybe everyone's attention span isn't as long as it used to be.

Bazal

Post Whore
Awesome.
Do I get my razor blades upon registration or do I have supply my own?

Normally you'll start in fifth grade no matter how good you are (ESPECIALLY if you're an absolute gun) so you can just pick them up from the outfield during your first game

Snoochies

First Grade
People in general have found other things to do with their time. To seriously follow the BBL series one would have to commit a lot of spare time to watch all the games. There is a lot of cricket to watch during summer, and with the WBBL series out there as well, it pushes cricket to saturation levels, as Bazal pointed out. When WSC became a thing the crowds and ratings were phenomenal. A five test series that ended in the first week or so of January followed by a triangular one day series between the two competing test teams and a third international team that came here only for the that series. No TV coverage in the city that each game was played ensured larger crowds.
Then the one day series became tiresome for whatever reasons. Enter BBL, a shortened version of a shorter game. Now, almost a decade on are people tiring of that as well or do they have other fixes like the instant gratification that facebook and the likes gives them? Maybe everyone's attention span isn't as long as it used to be.

Too long to read, can you paraphrase?

Club cricket is getting ruined by all the new safety rules, all batsmen to wear to wear helmets or they can't bat, keepers up to the stumps have to wear them as well. They will be enforced next season australia wide. there will be a lot of older players who will walk away from the game because of it.
I have worn a helmet for years so it doesn't bother me but i can see where other don't like it, you don't wear it at your own risk would should you be forced to wear one?
add all the stupid junior rules they have added over the last few years and the aussie test team will be 2nd tier in about 15 years as no one coming through will be able to concentrate long enough to bat more than 50 balls.

Bazal

Post Whore
Club cricket is getting ruined by all the new safety rules, all batsmen to wear to wear helmets or they can't bat, keepers up to the stumps have to wear them as well. They will be enforced next season australia wide. there will be a lot of older players who will walk away from the game because of it.
I have worn a helmet for years so it doesn't bother me but i can see where other don't like it, you don't wear it at your own risk would should you be forced to wear one?
add all the stupid junior rules they have added over the last few years and the aussie test team will be 2nd tier in about 15 years as no one coming through will be able to concentrate long enough to bat more than 50 balls.

And well they should be enforced. Older players might walk away but younger players will continue longer.

Latest posts