What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on our new CEO

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Some people ages ago when Doust was around were saying how well Raelene Castle was and how she would be great at Saints. Hmmmm...As long as it is not he or Craig Young they can get no worse.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Latest UPDATE from Dragon CEO, Brian Johnston ............

View attachment 36021

And the new CEO’s first action must be the sacking of The Waterboy and the installation of Shep as interim head coach:

- for their own mental health, future & integrity
- for the team’s immediate 2020 prospects
- for future recruitment prospects
- for our culture, image, respect & brand
- for the Fans & improved attendances
- for our pride & history
- for Pathways & the Juniors
- for a viable Commercial Business Model
- for a Membership explosion
- for the Sponsors
- for the wider NRL media & community to once again take us seriously & fear our team

End the disaster with your first stroke of the pen & end the above one man scourge -
McGregor

Don’t waste 2020 FFS

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
Seriously is there not some criteria you must fulfill to be considered as a CEO
Number 1. Not be brain dead
Number 2. Have shown some ability in a like position
Number 3. Well I could go on

But who is selecting the CEO are they of quality or brain dead to start with.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Wow that's the trick an edit option so you don't look like tool I meant fool when you post. Who thought of that make him the CEO. Cheers

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I heard it was out of 4 people Craig Young, Matt Rodwell and 2 AFL blokes. So Young it is, id go with the AFL blokes, would be nice to have a fresh set of eyes for once.

slippery5

Juniors
And the new CEO’s first action must be the sacking of The Waterboy and the installation of Shep as interim head coach:

- for the Sponsors
- for the wider NRL media & community to once again take us seriously & fear our team

End the disaster with your first stroke of the pen & end the above one man scourge -
McGregor

Don’t waste 2020 FFS
It was interesting reading comments by Hunt on "Shep & Flano" & the new direction they have this year compared to their out the back plays last year. The silence on McNoidea was deafening of his contribution.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

- for the Sponsors

McGregor

Don’t waste 2020 FFS

Mate, l’d just be happy if our new CEO’s first action, was to talk.

LINESPEED

Juniors
For Albert to get on the short list of 4 there must have only been 3 actual applications.

Again you can only ponder how much easier the lives of Peter & Brian would’ve been without the Waterboy flak.

And it’ll become doubly unbearable for “Axe Albert” when The Hill takes to him.

- if he keeps Mc Under-the-Bus-you’ll-Go-Too

- and submits himself to the NRL’s most hilarious exercise in self abuse

Why would you do it to yourself?

- with absolutely no benefit to anyone from the suffering FFS?

They just don’t get it.

No one does.

The 7 year NRL mystery

Excise Mc15th & let the healing begin

Last edited:

merahputih

Juniors
I think Matthew Rodwell is an interesting applicant and a bit out of left field. Never reached any dizzying heights as a player, including a couple of seasons with us in the late 90's. Probably not quite enough time to have absorbed enough of that indefinable Dragons Culture or qualify him for full membership of the Old Boys Club either, but his CV is reasonably robust: CEO of the Players Association and a number of senior executive positions within the insurance industry. He could be a dark horse.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

- for the Sponsors

McGregor

Don’t waste 2020 FFS

You realise that this checklist would need approval from the club’s patriarch, B. Gordon (incorporating his son)?

That just simply ain’t going to happen.

This so call alignment with WIN Corp is really starting to pee me off!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think Matthew Rodwell is an interesting applicant and a bit out of left field. Never reached any dizzying heights as a player, including a couple of seasons with us in the late 90's. Probably not quite enough time to have absorbed enough of that indefinable Dragons Culture or qualify him for full membership of the Old Boys Club either, but his CV is reasonably robust: CEO of the Players Association and a number of senior executive positions within the insurance industry. He could be a dark horse.
I’d rather a darkhorse than flogging the old horse that’s for sure.

possm

Coach
I'd like to see the appointment of a person who has had extensive CEO experience at a few top companies and who has a good understanding of what would be required at an NRL club. Ex players and old boy hacks just don't do it for me. Neither does the appointment of an ex-politician, which in my opinion would only worsen the current politics within SGI. More deals with old boy factions..

Last edited:

Timmay

Juniors
Fat Albert would be a good CEO.

Knows the club well.

Knows the players well.

Loves the club.

And he's not an Illawarra f**kwit loser.

All positives.

merahputih

Juniors

Knows the club well.

Knows the players well.

Loves the club.

All positives.

Knows the club well.

Knows the players well.

Loves the club.

All positives.
If those are the criteria I nominate the guy who cleans the change rooms at Kogarah.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Knows the club well.

Knows the players well.

Loves the club.

All positives.

With all due respect, history will show we need none of that, in fact, we need someone who preferably knows rugby league, who is an astute business person who can talk to the media, fans and alike, who is savy in the player market and who can defend the club when the nrl try to walk over us.

In short, we need the complete opposite of what we have now.

merahputih

Juniors
Whoever fills the chair will have an unenviable situation to take over. The JDB predicament looks like it will be a festering sore for at least another season and some hard decisions will need to be faced about the head coaching position if the team has another poor year. On a positive note, the appointment of Shane Flanagan and some new blood to the coaching staff looks like the Old Boy culture might be finally on the way out and we can get a bit of the optimism back like we had in 2009 when Bennett came in and cleaned out the dead wood.

SAP58

Juniors
It is Saturday afternoon and I will admit a couple of beers have been consumed but I am going to take a positive approach to both the CEO role and the head coach's position. I predict even our substandard Board will NOT appoint Fat Albert to the CEO role, in fact IF they have even interviewed him they were just going through the motions due to his history with the club. We WILL appoint an astute CEO that will take the organisation forward and we WILL win a premiership within 3yrs from the end of 2020 on the back of our talented juniors some of which are on display at the 9's. On the coach, our first 7 games are Tigers, Panthers, Raiders, Eels, Warriors, Rabbits & Rooters, I dont expect he will be our coach for round 8 v Storm if not sooner. James "Flano" Shepherd to take over and the rebuilding of the club/team will commence. A clean out of players at the end of 2020 with significant money available to sign new players to complement our developing juniors starts in 2021. Go the mighties !...... time for another beer !