What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

bileduct

Coach
So this Georgia Barone chick, the one who claims she is Donna's non-biological "sister."

She goes from not having any real clue on December 12 about the supposed history of domestic violence between Josh and Donna...

... to having viewed the video only a few days later on December 16.

The twitter account shows that she is extremely vocal about the issue of domestic violence. She seems like a pretty full-on West Tigers fan and it's more likely than not that she has interacted with Donna in some way prior to the charges being laid. But it also seems that she didn't know the charges were coming, nor what they were about when they were laid. Everything she has posted about the alleged violence in their relationship seems to have been fed to her sometime after December 12.

To me some comes across as a young, well-intentioned but unwitting pawn of Donna's.

There are also some twitter threads she was involved in that mention the fake pregnancies, right after the charges were laid.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
The poor dumb bastard.

It could have been much worse though.
Girls marry guys with money, have a kid or two, then pull the same 'he hit me' bullshit, get a divorce & the poor bastard loses more than half of all he has & a good chunk of his income until the youngest child reaches 18yo.

I know more than a few guys who fell into that hole.
I don't know anyone this has happened to, we must move in really different circles.

betcats

Referee
So this Georgia Barone chick, the one who claims she is Donna's non-biological "sister."

She goes from not having any real clue on December 12 about the supposed history of domestic violence between Josh and Donna...

The twitter account shows that she is extremely vocal about the issue of domestic violence. She seems like a pretty full-on West Tigers fan and it's more likely than not that she has interacted with Donna in some way prior to the charges being laid other than what was publicly available knowledge at the time. But it also seems that she didn't know the charges were coming, nor what they were about when they were laid. Everything she has posted about the alleged violence in their relationship seems to have been fed to her sometime after December 12.

To me some comes across as a young, well-intentioned but unwitting pawn of Donna's.

There are also some twitter threads she was involved in that mention the fake pregnancies, right after the charges were laid.

Its going to take more than one twitter account to make me start believing a person with multiple alias' isn't a devious, criminal merkin.

Anyone who is convinced by that one twitter account defending her, Ive got a Nigerian prince who needs your help.

Last edited:

Xcalibre

Juniors
That's just so sad. Sign of the times I guess. It defies credulity how anyone can 'fall in love' with someone they've never met or even spoken to.

It was happening much longer ago than just recently and even happened to me. I met a chick online, she showed me a pic of some other (attractive) chick and we spoke on a daily basis, both online and over the phone. You can get close to someone just from speaking to them, but I don’t know if I fell in love with this chick. At the time it happened around 15-20 years ago it wasn’t a thing. I hadn’t even heard of it until the movie Catfish 5 or so years ago, and that shows how easily it can happen to anyone. Now it seems to be very commonplace.

edit: hayzeus catfish was released 10 years ago, not 5 or so!

Who knows? Josh could've done it.
But are you going to believe her now?

It’s still possible he’s guilty. The only thing that’s changed is her credibility dropping to almost zero, which makes me think he’s much more likely to be innocent.

Legion

Juniors
It was happening much longer ago than just recently and even happened to me. I met a chick online, she showed me a pic of some other (attractive) chick and we spoke on a daily basis, both online and over the phone. You can get close to someone just from speaking to them, but I don’t know if I fell in love with this chick. At the time it happened around 15-20 years ago it wasn’t a thing. I hadn’t even heard of it until the movie Catfish 5 or so years ago, and that shows how easily it can happen to anyone. Now it seems to be very commonplace.

edit: hayzeus catfish was released 10 years ago, not 5 or so!

It’s still possible he’s guilty. The only thing that’s changed is her credibility dropping to almost zero, which makes me think he’s much more likely to be innocent.
I'm rather new to computers so I guess it's a generational thing.

A good mate is going through a divorce & is ready to find a new partner.
He's a smart guy [Just gained his Doctorate in psychology & is a Uni lecturer] so I was rather surprised that he's meeting girls on-line.

I much prefer to meet girls the old-fashioned way, in person.

Reynolds went to the Integrity Unit for advice before she claimed he assaulted her if I read it all correctly.
Not something a guilty guy would do.
We don't know the full story. What we do know she is a pathological liar who has scammed multiple guys.
I hope she gets charged for making false reports so she's made an example of so that it makes other SheWitches think twice before pulling the same bullshit.
It appears that Reynolds is only guilty of letting his penis do his thinking. He's not the first nor will he be the last.

flash

Juniors

The twitter account shows that she is extremely vocal about the issue of domestic violence. She seems like a pretty full-on West Tigers fan and it's more likely than not that she has interacted with Donna in some way prior to the charges being laid other than what was publicly available knowledge at the time. But it also seems that she didn't know the charges were coming, nor what they were about when they were laid. Everything she has posted about the alleged violence in their relationship seems to have been fed to her sometime after December 12.

Check out her comments on the original foxleague Instagram post when the video was released. Thought fox would have deleted them by now

bileduct

Coach
Check out her comments on the original foxleague Instagram post when the video was released. Thought fox would have deleted them by now
Can you put up a link to the instagram post please? I don't have an instagram account so I can only scroll down so far before it asks me to sign up.

bileduct

Coach
Okay, this one is behind a paywall as well, but I was just reading a paper copy at the takeaway joint down the road while getting some lunch.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...a/news-story/6fe1766fdb8142dd6690a6591ba2b641

One of the other ex-boyfriends has given his story about a four month relationship he had with Donna. He alleges:
  • Donna faked brain cancer
  • Told everyone she had 18 months to live and needed surgery that, at best, was a 50/50 chance of being successful
  • Scammed the dude out of $10,000 for treatment, as well as others who opened their pockets for her
  • Tried to break up with him by saying she didn't want him to see her with no hair during treatment
Also, important to Reynold's defence, he also alleges Donna:
  • Faked having seizures in front of him, which he thought looked fake at the time but didn't think anyone would lie about them
  • Came to him with bruises on her body and a, according to him, fake story about being bashed by her flatmates
It wasn't made clear how the bruises were inflicted, or how he knew her story was fake.

It looks like Josh's lawyers are going to town in the media game after the release of that video. I think there's a zero chance of her turning up to court at this point, and the prosecution will most likely drop their case.

Last edited:

Xcalibre

Juniors
I'm rather new to computers so I guess it's a generational thing.

A good mate is going through a divorce & is ready to find a new partner.
He's a smart guy [Just gained his Doctorate in psychology & is a Uni lecturer] so I was rather surprised that he's meeting girls on-line.

I much prefer to meet girls the old-fashioned way, in person.

Reynolds went to the Integrity Unit for advice before she claimed he assaulted her if I read it all correctly.
Not something a guilty guy would do.
We don't know the full story. What we do know she is a pathological liar who has scammed multiple guys.
I hope she gets charged for making false reports so she's made an example of so that it makes other SheWitches think twice before pulling the same bullshit.
It appears that Reynolds is only guilty of letting his penis do his thinking. He's not the first nor will he be the last.

It’s not even generational, but has been a lot more common in the last decade, with millennials and gen z, or it might just be more reported nowadays.

It’s simply that you are “rather new” to computers. I’ve been using online forums and (back when I was catfished) chat rooms for 20+ years! This was before facebook, twitter etc. Remember, The internet has been around for about 25 years.

kids these days are all about Snapchat, insta and tiktok.

Many people have no game so find it easier to meet people online. I would imagine with the advent of online dating and even more recent tinder and similar apps etc, it’s very common.

Legion

Juniors
It’s not even generational, but has been a lot more common in the last decade, with millennials and gen z, or it might just be more reported nowadays.

It’s simply that you are “rather new” to computers. I’ve been using online forums and (back when I was catfished) chat rooms for 20+ years! This was before facebook, twitter etc. Remember, The internet has been around for about 25 years.

kids these days are all about Snapchat, insta and tiktok.

Many people have no game so find it easier to meet people online. I would imagine with the advent of online dating and even more recent tinder and similar apps etc, it’s very common.
Would that not be the very definition of what I meant by generational? #scratches head#
And yes, I'm now a typical old fart in the sense that I'm oblivious to the way many things are done these days.

Whenever I'm out & about in places like bus stops, the DMT, Dr's waiting rooms for example, I've noticed that nearly everyone under the age of 40 have their eyes in their laps on their mobiles.
Even when people are together they seem to prefer to be on their phones than to chat amongst themselves.

When my son was little, he was telling me about a school mate who didn't have a Nintendo64 or PlayStation. His expression told me that this was a sad cruel fate.
It reminded me of my younger mates expression when he heard that I wasn't on the internet. A mixture of shock & pity, lol.

Mobile phones & the internet has really changed society, the way we interact & the way we do things.
Sure there's some huge benefits but not all of it's good. It's why many young people expect instant gratification. That doesn't always work out so well. Just ask Josh ...........

Timmay

Juniors
This poor woman?! She has not even had her chance to tell her side of the story?!

Shame on all you blue-rinsed hair old woman gossip mongers for being so quick to judge.

Shame on you all.

(Kudos to The Grub's lawyer, though. He's played this one beautifully...).

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I see Todd who is above the law can be Todd the merciful.

Not sure why we bother the police or courts.

Very over rated.

Todd is where is it at.

Gardenia

Juniors
Okay, this one is behind a paywall as well, but I was just reading a paper copy at the takeaway joint down the road while getting some lunch.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...a/news-story/6fe1766fdb8142dd6690a6591ba2b641

One of the other ex-boyfriends has given his story about a four month relationship he had with Donna. He alleges:
  • Donna faked brain cancer
  • Told everyone she had 18 months to live and needed surgery that, at best, was a 50/50 chance of being successful
  • Scammed the dude out of $10,000 for treatment, as well as others who opened their pockets for her
  • Tried to break up with him by saying she didn't want him to see her with no hair during treatment
Also, important to Reynold's defence, he also alleges Donna:
  • Faked having seizures in front of him, which he thought looked fake at the time but didn't think anyone would lie about them
  • Came to him with bruises on her body and a, according to him, fake story about being bashed by her flatmates
It wasn't made clear how the bruises were inflicted, or how he knew her story was fake.

It looks like Josh's lawyers are going to town in the media game after the release of that video. I think there's a zero chance of her turning up to court at this point, and the prosecution will most likely drop their case.
What does her character have to do with proving whether he committed a crime ?