What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Americas Championship 2020

milton

Juniors
I thought I heard on the chasing kangaroo podcast that Chile and Brazil would play off for the South American spot. Maybe that will be the year after.

yakstorm

First Grade
The Brazil v Chile Play-Off will be for the 2022 Americas Championship.

Both Brazil and Chile will take part in the 2021 Americas Nines.

I hope for Jamaica rather than playing a Semi and Finals in a week, they play a round robin and get every team to play everyone else.

The teams have to be in Jamaica for a week anyway, better to squeeze in 3 Games than just 2 (turnaround times aren't that different than the ENWC or some World Cups)

Its a fairer way of determining a Champion versus one team getting an easier draw to the Final.

adamkungl

Immortal
^ as yakstorm said, would definitely like to see the Americas Championship start to advance to a proper format.
But the main stumbling block would be financial - these games aren't making money, especially played in Jacksonville in front of 2 men and a dog who accidentally walk past the poorly lit park.

Maybe Jamaica can put on a better show and move some tickets. Standards have to keep rising

yakstorm

First Grade
Proposed dates for 2020 Americas Championship:

October 31:
  • Jamaica v Canada
  • USA v Chile
November 7:
  • Americas Championship Final

adamkungl

Immortal
I can understand finances are stretched thin hence the limited format, but in return I really hope they put more effort into the presentation this time round.

Running out of excuses to continue having amateur job livestreams in front of 2 people in a poorly lit Jacksonville park.

yakstorm

First Grade
Well it's Jamaica's turn to host this year, so I imagine there will be more people, however I don't have high expectations for the streaming...

adamkungl

Immortal
Jamaica hosting, Chile are back, basic knockout format.
https://philcaplan.wordpress.com/20...mens-2020-rugby-league-americas-championship/

Men’s and Women’s 2020 Americas Championships, Kingston Jamaica

Tuesday 10th November –

Jamaica v USA (Women’s game 1)

Jamaica v Chile (Men’s semi-final 1)

USA v Canada (Men’s semi-final 2)

Saturday 14th November –

Jamaica v USA (Women’s game 2)

Men’s final & 3rd place play-off