What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member
Hi guys,

This is part of a re-structure of our forum that I decided to do for 2020 onwards. The aim to help make our forum more organised, allow better ease of access and also give it a freshen up.

Please discuss any injuries and suspensions that may occur throughout the year here.

Let's hope 2020 is much kinder in terms of injuries.

Cheers.

callmack1

Staff member
According to the NRL Physio, Cody underwent a shoulder reconstruction last week that could see a three month recovery. Apparently he injured it in Round 2 of 2019.

Not the greatest of news but it's just one of those things, with four months until the 2020 Season kicks off, hopefully all goes well and he can get a month of Pre-Season in before Round 1. Who knows though, have to be careful with shoulders obviously.

Rabbits20

Immortal
According to the NRL Physio, Cody underwent a shoulder reconstruction last week that could see a three month recovery. Apparently he injured it in Round 2 of 2019.

Not the greatest of news but it's just one of those things, with four months until the 2020 Season kicks off, hopefully all goes well and he can get a month of Pre-Season in before Round 1. Who knows though, have to be careful with shoulders obviously.
He was managing that injury most of the year bro, imo he did a fine job in regards to being able to play with it and not show it too much.

callmack1

Staff member
Ethan Lowe with a knee injury in game one of the Nines. Reports of a possible MCL injury. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he'll be good to go in Round 1.

Rabbits20

Immortal
As per NRL physio on Twitter:

Initial expectation from the Rabbitohs is Ethan Lowe suffered a Grade 1-2 MCL sprain (via @dan_walsh64). General return to play guide:
Grade 1: 1-3 weeks
Grade 2: 3-6 weeks
4 weeks til NRL Round 1

callmack1

Staff member
As per NRL physio on Twitter:

Initial expectation from the Rabbitohs is Ethan Lowe suffered a Grade 1-2 MCL sprain (via @dan_walsh64). General return to play guide:
Grade 1: 1-3 weeks
Grade 2: 3-6 weeks
4 weeks til NRL Round 1
I guess that's kind of good news, better then it could be. Will wait for official word from the club though.

callmack1

Staff member
Lara Pitt on the Nines coverage before reported that Lowe has woken up this morning feeling good and the club is going to give him a fitness test today. There is a possibility he will play in the Nines this arfternoon.

Personally, I wouldn't risk him.

callmack1

Staff member
Rehab Report - Patrick Mago: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/03/02/rehab-report-patrick-mago/

That's a bit of a blow as I know a lot of us were sure he'd be in the 17 after Saturday night. I certainky was! Gutted for Pati too, he has worked so hard in the Pre-Season to earn a new contract and it looked like he would play a key role in our side this year but now this has happened. A shame.

Wish him all the best in his recovery and hopefully he's back out on the field for us as soon as possible.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Shocking news for us.

He was set for a big start to the year.

We are already short on forwards as it is and Dillon and Rodwell are very injury prone too.

Latest posts