What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad Analysis

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
a = b + 1

(a-b)a = (a-b)(b+1)

a2 - ab = ab + a - b2 - b

a2 - ab - a = ab + a - a - b2 - b

a(a - b - 1) = b(a - b - 1)

a = b

b + 1 = b

1 = 0

There is a hidden error in the proof. Although you seem to have a bit of a maths brain so it may be obvious to you.
You’re dividing by zero when you undo the multiplication step.

It’s the same issue someone would get trying to generate a % uplift off a zero base.

SBD82

Coach
You’re dividing by zero when you undo the multiplication step.

It’s the same issue someone would get trying to generate a % uplift off a zero base.
Too good Muz. That had my 16 year old brain stumped for ages when I was first shown.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Too good Muz. That had my 16 year old brain stumped for ages when I was first shown.
It took me ages to “get” algebra when I was a kid.. I was quite confused as to how “x” or “y” didn’t have a fixed value..

But once it landed it became quite a useful skillset that I still use in parts today..

SBD82

Coach
It took me ages to “get” algebra when I was a kid.. I was quite confused as to how “x” or “y” didn’t have a fixed value..

But once it landed it became quite a useful skillset that I still use in parts today..
I think my problem with that equation was the opposite. I found it easy to learn the rules of algebra, so much so that I forgot that the letters represented actual numbers.

If you fixate on applying the “rules” of algebra to that equation and forget that you’re actually dividing by zero, the error can be hard to find.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons enforcers Tyson Frizell and Tariq Sims set for big switch in Red V revolution
Dragons
james_hooper.jpg

d7b518d9bae8cbb78651998b04d3f1a0

Tyson Frizel and Tariq Sims will switch sides in 2020.Source: Getty Images
Red V representative backrowers Tyson Frizell and Tariq Sims will switch sides this season as part of a St George Illawarra overhaul designed to give the Dragons added punch.

While Frizell has been a mainstay for NSW and Australia on the right edge in recent seasons, the Blues enforcer has confirmed he has spent the off-season training on the Dragons left side.

The switch means Dragons halfback Ben Hunt will have a new bodyguard in Sims while Frizell has been working on sparking a fresh combination with Red V five-eighth Corey Norman.

“Mary (McGregor) threw out the idea at the start of pre-season and I’ve got to say I was a keen for a little bit of a change up with my game,” Frizell said.

“It means I’ve had to change a couple of little technicalities defensively but otherwise it’s pretty similar. Corey and I have been working hard to try and strike up a good understanding of each other’s game.”

While Frizell has won the past two State of Origin shields with NSW and is a regular in Mal Meninga’s hugely-successful Australian Test side, the one accolade to consistently elude him is a shot at grand final glory.

Sure he’s been part of Red V finals campaigns in 2015 and most recently in 2018 but a shot at winning a title is what really drives the Blues and Kangaroos backrower.

“I’ve been lucky enough to achieve a fair few things in my career,” Frizell said.

“But the one thing all players will tell you they want to achieve is winning a premiership. I’d trade everything I’ve achieved so far for the opportunity to win one, to be honest.

“I’d especially love to win one at the Dragons and with this team we’ve got at the moment.

“People might laugh at that statement after the way we finished last year but amongst ourselves there’s a belief we can turn things around pretty quickly.”

273f963c16e8b457516ec7ca45ae7dc0

Frizell is off contract at the end of the season.Source: AAP
Frizell, 29, is off contract at the end of this year and guaranteed to be one of the most in-demand NRL forward’s on the open market.

It’s hard to see him playing in another jumper aside from St George Illawarra but in this day and age of rugby league you never say never.

“I’d like to get it sorted as soon as possible. I’m not the type of player to want to have that distraction going on throughout the season,” Frizell said.

“Hopefully we can get something sorted out soon.”

The Dragons performances last year had the Red V army livid with their football team.

Frizell understands their pain, having lived in St George heartland.

“As brutal as some of our fans can be it’s only because they care,” Frizell said.

“You’ve got to look at it from their point of view as well. They love the club and we let them down last year.”

Frizell will play for the Dragons in the Perth Nines starting on Friday.

The experienced backrower reasons the coaching staff shake-up at the Red V over the summer has added fresh ideas to the club.

Everyone at St George Illawarra understands a repeat of last season will not be tolerated.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/64b08aa5780ee410516e90e148b4c7c1

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Apparently they are switching sides this year. Apologies if this has been mentioned but I’m not going to read every post to avoid a double up.
Thoughts on this? Apparently he’s going to use Sims as a Beau Scott type bodyguard for Hunt and bring Friz more into the game running off Norman. I don’t mind it.

True_Believer

Juniors
More like Sims to help cover the hole in Aitkens woeful defence and suggested by Flanno.

This is what I was thinking. The Frizz/Hunt/Aitken combination has been woeful. We like to solely blame Aitken for the issues on that side, but I reckon the other 2 have caused their fair share as well.

Hope Taz can at least fix some of the issues.

BLM01

First Grade
Apparently they are switching sides this year. Apologies if this has been mentioned but I’m not going to read every post to avoid a double up.
Thoughts on this? Apparently he’s going to use Sims as a Beau Scott type bodyguard for Hunt and bring Friz more into the game running off Norman. I don’t mind it.
Agree for Frizz as when plays right side. He favours coming off his right foot stepping back to the middle which is not exactly what you need to hitting holes
Not sure about Sims. He has just got to go full throttle again.
Why make then stay one side anyway. What's wrong with switching during games and having training and preseason running off both halves . Or can't we have that in our club.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This is what I was thinking. The Frizz/Hunt/Aitken combination has been woeful. We like to solely blame Aitken for the issues on that side, but I reckon the other 2 have caused their fair share as well.

Friz can defend well though, not many get through him but he doesn’t have that same enforcer type aura.

Dragonsamy

Bench

Agree.
They have all contributed. It will be very interesting to see how it works. If they actually do it in the game.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

getsmarty

Immortal
As I stated I’m not going to go through every page of every thread to check if I doubled up. It’s a quick discussion that I believe deserves its own thread merge it if you must or just ignore it.

Don't take it personally.. forum rules state No duplicate threads ( well in J.A this is the case ..)....It's really annoying when people start a new thread on something that is already being discussed elsewhere.....It has been happening a lot lately...If you can't be bothered checking, why start a New thread ?....

Anyway, not trying to start an argument...have a good day Forbes Creek Dragon..

Crush

Coach
Don't take it personally.. forum rules state No duplicate threads ( well in J.A this is the case ..)....It's really annoying when people start a new thread on something that is already being discussed elsewhere.....It has been happening a lot lately...If you can't be bothered checking, why start a New thread ?....

So sensitive getsmarty......

getsmarty

Immortal
So sensitive getsmarty......

Not at all....personally I don't want to open 2 or 3 threads on the same topic....Yes we have all done this at one stage or another , myself included....I.M.H.O just makes for a better reading and discussion experience....

Each to there own....have a good day Crush

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I check the thread titles, I don’t see squad analysis as being where one would discuss this. I pre apologised in my post, and I just can’t understand why it would annoy you in any case. If I’m not interested in a thread title I just don’t read it. First world problems in any case.

kit66

Bench

Aren't you the guy who posts the same article in multiple threads ? There's a thread for that too you know.

Latest posts