What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines Thread

OldPanther

Coach
Jerome will light this shit up again, too much footwork and not enough defenders for him to be contained for long.

watching the world 9s I noticed the thing that always happens is he has the inside/outside defenders freaking out causing mass overlaps and holes. They fear him.

betcats

Referee
watching the world 9s I noticed the thing that always happens is he has the inside/outside defenders freaking out causing mass overlaps and holes. They fear him.

Speed, elusiveness and the ability to play what he sees makes him very well suited for this format.

GongPanther

Referee
I’m not sure what to make of naming such a strong 9’s side. Trying to reconcile the pro’s and con’s and still can’t work out whether it is a good thing or a bad thing.
Easts will have a strong pre-season including the WCC, and I'm inclined to think alongside the torturous training regime we recently had, I think everything we do between now and round 1 gets us ready for Easts, and a not so friendly month after that.

Crashtest

Juniors
How fit the did the players look! That is the slimmest I have seen Kikau, and and he looks set for a huge season. He was unstoppable in that game. He ran 70 metres to score the opening try after fending off 3 players and wasn't even blowing or breathing hard.

Crichton is a beast in the air. He needs to be at centre or wing for the start of the season, especially with the new rules.

Api, from that one pass for the try assist,has already showed he is worth every cent they spent to sign him. And the huge difference in skill between him and Katoa/Egan.

Luai looked good also with his speed, footwork and kicking game.

OldPanther

Coach
How fit the did the players look! That is the slimmest I have seen Kikau, and and he looks set for a huge season. He was unstoppable in that game. He ran 70 metres to score the opening try after fending off 3 players and wasn't even blowing or breathing hard.

Crichton is a beast in the air. He needs to be at centre or wing for the start of the season, especially with the new rules.

Api, from that one pass for the try assist,has already showed he is worth every cent they spent to sign him. And the huge difference in skill between him and Katoa/Egan.

Luai looked good also with his speed, footwork and kicking game.

Speaking of fitness see how ripped Cleary is!

Fangs

Coach
Its Nines...can't get too excited.

Still a far better showing than 2018 preseason v Dogs.

Korisau looks like he will change a lot. Most dynamic hooker we've had since Segeyaro.

Crashtest

Juniors
Speaking of fitness see how ripped Cleary is!

He definitely is, and his short kicking game looked good as well. Although I thought our season was over for a second there when the Roosters player took out his legs and sent him airborne after he scored the last try.

What a f**king dog act that was, its a fricken Nines preseason tournament, there are only seconds left in the game, your getting flogged 35 points to nil, but you decide to seriously risk injuring a player in in the final play of the game by taking out his legs after he has just scored a try. It was good to see Cleary throw the ball at his head!

OldPanther

Coach
He definitely is, and his short kicking game looked good as well. Although I thought our season was over for a second there when the Roosters player took out his legs and sent him airborne after he scored the last try.

What a f**king dog act that was, its a fricken Nines preseason tournament, there are only seconds left in the game, your getting flogged 35 points to nil, but you decide to seriously risk injuring a player in in the final play of the game by taking out his legs after he has just scored a try. It was good to see Cleary throw the ball at his head!

That was so dumb. Roosters are f**ked.

Latest posts