What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad Analysis

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I check the thread titles, I don’t see squad analysis as being where one would discuss this. I pre apologised in my post, and I just can’t understand why it would annoy you in any case. If I’m not interested in a thread title I just don’t read it. First world problems in any case.
You wouldn’t consider analysing the impact of switching sides for two key players in the squad as falling under “squad analysis”?

kit66

Bench
I wrote in here recently that Hunt needs more protection. Opposition players who run at him in attack need to know they're going to get smashed if they try. Other teams do it but last year we let Hunt down in that department. Hopefully Tariq and others can do a better job this year.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
If the shares are only $2 each, I’ll happily buy the whole club.

Day 1, I’ll fire the coach.

Day 2, I’ll clean up the rest of the mess - fire the board, keep Kogarah for heritage games against the sharks and bulldogs only and move everything to Wollongong.

Day 3, change the name to the Illawarra Steel Dragons & get the uniform right

Day 4, sit back and enjoy an ice cold beer from the brewery next to Fortress WIN muzby stadium.
I SEE YOUR STILL ON THE WACKY STUFF........

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You wouldn’t consider analysing the impact of switching sides for two key players in the squad as falling under “squad analysis”?
No I wouldn’t. How broad do want to define each thread. If that is the case why have a JDB thread shouldn’t his impact on the squad be in here too. Why have a Jayden Sullivan thread? He’s in the squad isn’t he. It’s not an addition to the squad it’s a tactical positional change of two players that are well entrenched in the starting side already. No real relevance to the broader squad seeing as though they are a straight swap. But whatever floats your boat mate. While we are in squad analysis what are your thoughts on black holes?

getsmarty

Immortal
Aren't you the guy who posts the same article in multiple threads ? There's a thread for that too you know.

We already had a poll in regards to this...the general consensus was that the majority of people were happy for me to do this....I am more than happy to stop posting articles...it actually takes time everyday to do it and to be honest I have better things to do with my time.

I took over from the last person who was posting as they got tired of the constant complaining from a minority of people...

Over to you kit66....you can take over and post from now on ....I will await your reply....

I am more than happy to let you do it...Have a great day

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
In fairness to the discussion at hand, he posts the articles in the relevant threads, not starting a new thread for each one..

Personally, I think getsmarty does a great job..

Thanks muzby....as you well know, you can't please everyone.....

kit66

Bench
We already had a poll in regards to this...the general consensus was that the majority of people were happy for me to do this....I am more than happy to stop posting articles...it actually takes time everyday to do it and to be honest I have better things to do with my time.

I took over from the last person who was posting as they got tired of the constant complaining from a minority of people...

Over to you kit66....you can take over and post from now on ....I will await your reply....

I am more than happy to let you do it...Have a great day kit66

Don't take it personally. You're the one having a whinge and getting all uppity.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No I wouldn’t. How broad do want to define each thread. If that is the case why have a JDB thread shouldn’t his impact on the squad be in here too.
I think a case which makes national news, has a 10+ year potential jail term and has resulted in a new rule from the NRL is more deserving of its own thread than two players in the same position switching sides of the field.

But whatever floats your boat mate.
Anything under 9.8 Newtons

While we are in squad analysis what are your thoughts on black holes?
An area devoid of life that sucks in resources and produces nothing?

That’s Mary..

getsmarty

Immortal
Don't take it personally. You're the one having a whinge and getting all uppity.

Incorrect...Maybe go and read the forum rules in regards to multiple threads being started on the same topic. ...The mods put these in place....nothing to do with me...
Personally I think it makes for a better experience on here...That is the point I was correctly putting across.

In regards to articles...I don't start New threads...I am always looking to promote an existing conversation...I often post an article in the articles thread as well as the relevant topic thread....This has been discussed many times in the past and that is why I put up a poll last Year for everyone to have a say.
The overwhelming majority of people were happy for me to continue doing things this way, whereas there will always be a minority of people who have a different opinion.

So I take it you don't want to takeover posting articles ?...

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Incorrect...Maybe go and read the forum rules in regards to multiple threads being started on the same topic. ...The mods put these in place....nothing to do with me...
Personally I think it makes for a better experience on here...That is the point I was correctly putting across.

So I take it you don't want to takeover posting articles ?...

Mate, half the threads on here could go under " Squad Analysis ". If someone wants to start a thread on something specific that they want to talk about so be it, leave them to it.
And no need to get nasty.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Mate, half the threads on here could be go under " Squad Analysis ". If someone wants to start a thread on something specific that they want to talk about so be it, leave them to it.

Nasty....not at all....

Would you like to take over posting articles as you seem to have rather strong opinions over how things should be done. I am more than happy to step aside...

Over to you kit66

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Mate, half the threads on here could be go under " Squad Analysis ". If someone wants to start a thread on something specific that they want to talk about so be it, leave them to it.
100% of the threads could go under “sack Mary” as that’s all where they end up..

Anyway, to lighten the mood, here’s a panda playing with a bucket.

giphy.gif

kit66

Bench
Nasty....not at all....

Would you like to take over posting articles as you seem to have rather strong opinions over how things should be done. I am more than happy to step aside...

Over to you kit66

Did I say nasty, sorry I meant Nazi.
Stop bullying people.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We all know that our centres are hopeless but so are our wingers and fullbacks. I would rate our backs in order as follows:-

Centres
Lomax
Williame
Sailor
Aitken
Lafai

Wingers
Saab
Lomax
Sailor
Pereira
Williame

Fullbacks
Lomax
Sailor
Norman
Dufty

We need to pick our backs on form only not reputation or mateship. What do others think?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think a case which makes national news, has a 10+ year potential jail term and has resulted in a new rule from the NRL is more deserving of its own thread than two players in the same position switching sides of the field.

That’s Mary..

That’s Mary..
Yeah but what about when discussing his possible replacements within his thread? Why doesn’t that get moved to here? That is a genuine squad analysis question. You will just twist any argument to suit you but you are wrong here. In my opinion the threads start as one thing and morph into something completely different. 9 times out of 10 I go to a thread labeled squad analysis 2020 expecting to read about the makeup of our top 30, who is likely to upgraded etc ie what a thread labeled as such is actually about, and end up having to scroll past 5 pages of you arguing with people, 6 posts about conspiracy theories in the head office to get to anything remotely resembling what the thread started as. I’d rather start a quick three page specific thread actually talking about rugby league that starts and dies a natural death than contribute to a 68 page long waffle that has descended into something completely irrelevant.

getsmarty

Immortal
Pictures now, that's the level you sink to and so fast. Ya loser.
If you don't like me block me but don't fkn bore me to death.

Was actually aimed at the entirety of the conversation..myself included...lighten up....no need to call people a Nazi/loser...

If you have taken offense, I sincerely apologize. The whole conversation has gone downhill...I will not comment any further.