What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When you die the Broncos want part of your estate

What is a Bequest (Gift In your Will)?
A bequest is the act of giving or leaving a gift in your Will to a specific person or organisation. We recommend that you seek legal, taxation and financial advice when writing your Will, and discuss the instructions you are making in your Will with your relatives or loved ones.

Type of Bequests
There are three main types of bequests you can give:

A percentage of your Estate
A specific amount of money
Residual of your Estate after all other beneficiaries have been taken care of
Property or assets

Who can contribute and be part of Broncos Forever?
Anyone with a passion for the Brisbane Broncos (whether you are a member or non-member), can leave a bequest to the Club in their Will. We encourage you to look after your family and friends first when planning your legacy and estate planning.

What will be the Impact of my Bequest?
By leaving a bequest in your Will to the Broncos, you can play your part in ensuring the future success of the team and increase the impact of our community programs in communities across Queensland.

Your bequest will:

Enable us to provide the best facilities and resources for the Club
Ensure we stay on the cutting edge through high performance preparation and rehabilitation programs for players
Support our expanding community programs that are offering hope and improving young people's lives right across Queensland and northern New South Wales
Provide resources for our Game Development program which encourages and nurtures grass-roots rugby league helping young kids stay active and healthy
Having the best possible facilities, resources and programs will give us the best opportunity for future success on and off the field.

The privileges of being part of Broncos Forever?
When you become part of Broncos Forever, there is a unique sense of belonging. The Broncos will also recognise your contribution during your lifetime through a number of special privileges that include exclusive invitations to Broncos Forever events, unique Broncos Forever memento, certificate of appreciation, Broncos Forever newsletters and your name on our Broncos Forever honour board in the foyer of the Clive Berghofer Centre at Red Hill.

A message from our Patron - Club Legend Darren Lockyer
I've been privileged to be part of this wonderful Club for many years. It's provided me with many memories that I will cherish forever. Because the Club means so much to me, I'm leaving a bequest to our Club to ensure it continues to prosper and provide even more special memories for future generations. As Patron of "Broncos Forever", I look forward to seeing you at special events planned just for this unique group.

- Darren Lockyer Patron of Broncos Forever

Locky signed up for a fiddy and auction proceeds from his wig..

How are those wills coming along, lads?

Can you truly call yourself a footy fan if you're not going to give your last (ever) dollar to the club that has kept footy alive?

Reactions: gUt

Bandwagon

Staff member
Why wouldn't you just make a bequest, scoop up whatever goodies they're offering, then change your will without telling them.

What are they gonna do, sue the families of their dead fans?

On second thoughts..........

magpie_man

Juniors
When I am finally euthanized at the tender age of 47 - albeit with the physical appearance, nervous system and blood pressure of an 89 year-old chain-smoker - without a penny to my name and with no discernible friends or family to mourn me (aside from the scores of German cockroaches who share my housing commission flat with me), I'll be sure to bequeath my substantial medical debts and maxed-out Tollgate Hotel tab to the one institution who has brought me all of this: The Wests Tigers.
My dying thought will be one of bemusement at the inevitability of the NRL penalizing them for my bequest.

Latest posts