What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad Analysis

Crush

Coach
100% of the threads could go under “sack Mary” as that’s all where they end up..

Anyway, to lighten the mood, here’s a panda playing with a bucket.

giphy.gif
I hate pandas....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah but what about when discussing his possible replacements within his thread? Why doesn’t that get moved to here? That is a genuine squad analysis question. You will just twist any argument to suit you but you are wrong here. In my opinion the threads start as one thing and morph into something completely different. 9 times out of 10 I go to a thread labeled squad analysis 2020 expecting to read about the makeup of our top 30, who is likely to upgraded etc ie what a thread labeled as such is actually about, and end up having to scroll past 5 pages of you arguing with people, 6 posts about conspiracy theories in the head office to get to anything remotely resembling what the thread started as. I’d rather start a quick three page specific thread actually talking about rugby league that starts and dies a natural death than contribute to a 68 page long waffle that has descended into something completely irrelevant.
Was this post meant to be ironic or did it just end up that way by accident?

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I left out Ravalawa whom would be my last choice as winger as he is like Dufty being good in attack but poor in defence and with taking the high ball.

kit66

Bench
Was actually aimed at the entirety of the conversation..myself included...lighten up....no need to call people a Nazi/loser...

If you have taken offense, I sincerely apologize. The whole conversation has gone downhill...I will not comment any further.

Apology accepted.

You do a great job posting Articles, I'll never take that away from you I promise.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Was this post meant to be ironic or did it just end up that way by accident?
I’d prefer to to start a seperate thread about threads descending into shit but it would be too confusing which thread for you to merge it into since every single thread bar none on here has had your touch of class splattered all through them with an actual rugby league post being 1 out of every 100 posts.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We already had a poll in regards to this...the general consensus was that the majority of people were happy for me to do this....I am more than happy to stop posting articles...it actually takes time everyday to do it and to be honest I have better things to do with my time.

I took over from the last person who was posting as they got tired of the constant complaining from a minority of people...

Over to you kit66....you can take over and post from now on ....I will await your reply....

I am more than happy to let you do it...Have a great day
I have no issue at all with your articles. I don’t personally read them because I’ve likely read them each morning in my daily rounds but I would never complain about it as many people I’m sure do read them. I just scroll on past. It’s easy to do the place doesn’t need to be run like North Korea.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’d prefer to to start a seperate thread about threads descending into shit but it would be too confusing which thread for you to merge it into since every single thread bar none on here has had your touch of class splattered all through them with an actual rugby league post being 1 out of every 100 posts.

Again, your post is highly ironic..

But also, why would I be merging threads?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ironic is having 10000 :spoon: when all you need is a :knife:. If you can’t beat them join them I guess. Every thread has someone in a tussle with your narcissistic arse.
Actually none of the co-incidences mentioned in Miss Morrisette’s song are considered ironic at all..

Frank Facer

First Grade
It has been mentioned that we are going to play to players strengths. I have given some thought as to what that could entail.

1 Aitken being instructed to not even think about passing and just to focus on his strong running game.

2 Norman given the dominate playmaker role, which usually wears the number 7 on their back.

3 Hunt being given the 5/8 role and told that Norman is the dominate playmaker. Hunt told to focus on playing his natural game and being an attacking running 5/8.

4 High kicks to Saab's wing.

possm

Coach
It has been mentioned that we are going to play to players strengths. I have given some thought as to what that could entail.

1 Aitken being instructed to not even think about passing and just to focus on his strong running game.

2 Norman given the dominate playmaker role, which usually wears the number 7 on their back.

3 Hunt being given the 5/8 role and told that Norman is the dominate playmaker. Hunt told to focus on playing his natural game and being an attacking running 5/8.

4 High kicks to Saab's wing.
I agree to all but point one. I'd like to see Ravalawa at right centre and Aitken in reserve grade. I'd also like to see either Sailor or one of our new recruits replace Lafai at left centre.

I am convinced the the above replacement centres will not only improve our attack, but will also improve our defence with some personal coaching from Flanagan.

Frank Facer

First Grade
With Sims gone and DeBelin unavailable this is the team "I" would have pencilled in for game one

1 Lomax
2 Ramsey
3 Feagai
4 Rava
5 Saab
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 Frizell
12 Ford
11 T Sims
10 Vaughan
9 McInnes
8 Merrin

14 Kerr
15 Lawrie
16 Graham
17 Host

I would have 4 forwards on the bench, so that if we lose one to injury we still have 3 forwards on the bench. Ford would be able to cover centre if there was an injury to an outside back. I think Ford is more than ready for first grade. I think he will be a success if given the opportunity. He may even provide us with more attack than Frizell. He also scores a lot of tries. Kerr looks to be a very good impact forward, who probably should have been given more opportunities since he got here. Graham would provide leadership and experience while our starting middle forwards are off the field. I think Lawrie is a bench player at best. I haven't seen Blacker and would be open to giving him a run instead of or Host.

I picked Rava and Feagai, because I think it is insane to continue to select Aitken and Lafai. I haven't seen anything of Williame, but hold no confidence that he will be a solution to our centre problems. I actually think Rava could make it as a centre and be a better centre than winger.

Latest posts