What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL Nines - 14/15 Feb @ HBF Park, Perth

kit66

Bench
Looks like today's games were mostly last years bottom 8 beating the top 8. Early days but it'd be good if that translated to a more open field and a more competitve season.

Vee

First Grade
Can't you just get the courier mail or watch the Queensland news for your QLD fix. Both those things are not news just QLD propaganda. Or did you watch that shocking Queenslanders only before it got axed.

People don't like Walters as a commentator because he is rubbish, same reason nobody likes Lockyer, Thiaday or Thurston as commentators. It's because they are rubbish. Not because they are Queenslanders.
1st paragraph, as opposed to the daily toilet paper? You're kidding, aren't you? And btw, I don't read the CM for the same reason I don't read the DT, because I wouldn't wipe my ass with either.

2nd paragraph, f**k off idiot. I'm not here to defend the QLDers, they're as silly as the NSWankers. I can count the commentators i like on the fingers of one hand and they're all cockroaches, Voss, Sterlo and one or two others I'm too inebriated to think of atm.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Day 1 results:

EQvF4_2U0AYSGnG

Detailed scoring at https://bit.ly/NinesFriday

King hit

Coach
1st paragraph, as opposed to the daily toilet paper? You're kidding, aren't you? And btw, I don't read the CM for the same reason I don't read the DT, because I wouldn't wipe my ass with either.

2nd paragraph, f**k off idiot. I'm not here to defend the QLDers, they're as silly as the NSWankers. I can count the commentators i like on the fingers of one hand and they're all cockroaches, Voss, Sterlo and one or two others I'm too inebriated to think of atm.
Thurston, Slater, Parker, Thiaday, Cronk, Lewis, Lockyer, Meninga, Yvonne, Hannah Hollis are all Queenslanders you're just making all of this up to bring up the QLD are robbed story. There is massive QLD content and perspective amongst commentary.

Not everything under the sun in Rugby League is NSW V QLD

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
She thoroughly deserved it last year. Was outstanding in both attack and defence.

I know it’d be easy to think I’m just stuck on a pretty face, but she worked super hard on her game last year and built nicely on her rookie year.

She was also the only centre at my club last year that was worth feeding. So you’ll have to forgive me if I get a little carried away.
I'll take it on notice and look out for her but really thought the Brisbane pack was outstanding in year 1 and again in year 2 after they lost their best to other clubs, thought brittany brierley was every bit as good as cook in year 1 and the broncos wingers Julia (?) And the girl from adf tsv really looked the part. And I'm old enough to remember rohan Hancock so i loved steph's no-nonsense approach and the afp prop. Sorry I can't remember all their names, I've had a few but I love the women's game because it's much more pure than the boys', they haven't learned to cover up because this shit can hurt and the dirt hasn't come into their game yet.

Vee

First Grade
Thurston, Slater, Thiaday, Cronk, Lewis, Lockyer, Meninga, Yvonne, Hannah Hollis are all Queenslanders you're just making all of this up to bring up the QLD are robbed story. There is massive QLD content and perspective amongst commentary.

30 years kid.

Vee

First Grade
Thurston, Slater, Parker, Thiaday, Cronk, Lewis, Lockyer, Meninga, Yvonne, Hannah Hollis are all Queenslanders you're just making all of this up to bring up the QLD are robbed story. There is massive QLD content and perspective amongst commentary.

And the last woman I took seriously in commentary was Debbie Spillane on the sideline for ABC in the 80s. These modern versions, it's obvious to me how they get their start and the only reason they improve is because they have the access and live the dream 24/7. Saw hollis mentioned and checked her out on the indigenous footy show she was on. Not bad but went badly downhill when she cashed in her credibility for fux cash and treatment.

Vee

First Grade

All recent additions to woo the qld audience, before that it was exclusively NSWankers who didn't know bowman from bowen in the cows side.

King hit

Coach
All recent additions to woo the qld audience, before that it was exclusively NSWankers who didn't know bowman from bowen in the cows side.
How could they possibly tell the difference when the host of that QLD show couldn’t

blaza88z

Coach
Um do you ever see anybody defending Anasta and co. Nobody does so get that chip of your shoulder you two headed idiot

You're a Broncos fan, yeah?

Or was that just back in the 90's when we were winning everything? The f**k out of here with your bandwagon shit, no-one here would've guessed you were a NSW fan 3-4 years ago, now all of a sudden that's all you care about.

jargan83

Coach
Highlight of the Day 1 action would be the bloke I saw walking from Clasiebrook train station - He had a mullet, a pair of double pluggers, stubby shorts and was wearing a t-shirt that said "beware of the dogs" that looked like it had t been washed since the 1980's.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Heading down in a couple of hours, hopefully crowd is bit larger today. Weather a lot cooler with plenty of cloud cover at moment. Much better day for RL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kick off is at 10a.m. local time.

Genius!

sat in my robe with a coffee watching the first games, Will head down 1ish.
if nrl only cares about the tv viewers the. They should make tickets $10-20 And $5 for kids, not $45-75!

t-ba

Post Whore
sat in my robe with a coffee watching the first games, Will head down 1ish.
if nrl only cares about the tv viewers the. They should make tickets $10-20 And $5 for kids, not $45-75!

The WA Government is pretty complicit in this stupidity as well. That million dollars could have gone to Benny Cousins rehab program.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The WA Government is pretty complicit in this stupidity as well. That million dollars could have gone to Benny Cousins rehab program.

yeh waste of our States money paying for this, mind you after Vlandys comments we won’t have to worry about that again!