What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Does anyone know if Brailey did much kicking at the sharks?

It would be helpful to have a dummy half with a decent boot, haven’t had that since Buderus

Have we ever had a hooker with a decent kicking game? I don’t remember Bedsy doing much kicking, maybe occasionally.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
statistically almost the same as Danny Levi. nothing between them in most stats.
Statistically they may be similar, but how do they compare when it comes to hitting hard in defence? Levi seriously lacks impact in defence in my opinion. That’s one of the main reasons that Griffin was picked ahead of him. I miss the glory days when Buderus used to consistently do front on aggressive tackles on bigger players.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Got to agree with the rating. Lots of potential, low on experience and lacklustre backrow. I'd like to see Herman as our lock to add another dynamic. Our engine room needs to grow a pair.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/01bf9ef7d7428693318f0b24f5741dbf

Predicted Pack: 8 David Klemmer 9 Jayden Brailey 10 Daniel Saifiti 11 Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12 Mitchell Barnett 13 Tim Glasby

Experience: 558 NRL games

Rating: C-

Strength: In their three Origin stars the Knights have the nucleus of a powerful pack. Blues props David Klemmer and Daniel Saifiti are up there with the best prop combinations in the competition, while Maroons’ forward Tim Glasby provides versatility in the middle of the field.

Weakness: Punch in the back row. Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Mitchell Barnett are solid first graders, but they lack the fire and brimstone to dominate opposition sides in both attack and defence. Jayden Brailey is an excellent signing, but it remains to be seen if he can be an 80-minute player at hooker, which would give the Knights more room to move with their bench.

Knight Vision

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/5e91743b527496f9fb69b6a37c7fb221

"Champion NSW and Australian enforcer Steve Roach is an unabashed fan, reasoning if Barnett takes his game to the next level he can become the Novocastrians new Ben Kennedy this season.

Blocker even reckons State of Origin football isn’t out of the question.

“Watching a lot of the Knights games last year, the thing I like about Barnett is he makes it personal every week,” Roach said.

“It looks like he wants to be the enforcer for Newcastle. He’ll generally always go after the opposition big gun."...............................

Spot On

Coach
Geez, Origin would be quite an achievement.

Block has some interesting views on different players at times.

Yosh

Coach
Barrett seems like the sort of player born an era too late... He does have mongrel and a bit of size but isn't the sort of elite edge rower the game produces these days. Anyone else see him move toward the middle and be a hybrid prop/lock in the future?

Also, is it possible to watch the trial games online? Cheers.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Barrett seems like the sort of player born an era too late... He does have mongrel and a bit of size but isn't the sort of elite edge rower the game produces these days. Anyone else see him move toward the middle and be a hybrid prop/lock in the future?

Also, is it possible to watch the trial games online? Cheers.
reckon he'll be lock this year with Glasby part of the prop rotation on the bench with Herman.

Yosh

Coach
Is it just me or do the players look much fitter(?) this year. I don't know if fitter is the right word but we look bulkier but in a good way? Not heavy bulky but really fit bulky? Or is it the jerseys??

I used to think our team always used to look like normal lay humans compared to some other super humans in teams like the Roosters.

Sione looked like a unit out there. Not stocky but a unit. Even Lino looked super fit/muscular.

Or am I thinking too much into O'Brian's arrival?

TooheysNew

Coach
Is it just me or do the players look much fitter(?) this year. I don't know if fitter is the right word but we look bulkier but in a good way? Not heavy bulky but really fit bulky? Or is it the jerseys??

I used to think our team always used to look like normal lay humans compared to some other super humans in teams like the Roosters.

Sione looked like a unit out there. Not stocky but a unit. Even Lino looked super fit/muscular.

Thinking way too much into it.

Spot On

Coach

You've hit the nail on the head Yosh

They look fit. Jacob Safiti looks better than he ever has.

Last edited:

Latest posts