What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL Nines February 14-15

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Gee some of you don’t take a loss well. Toddlers the lot of you. :upside_down:

Not really mate any other team you wouldn’t be too concerned, you have followed Parra long enough...parramatta is not like any other team, unfortunately for the wrong reasons though, yesterday was a concern and honestly think Brad Arthur is a decent coach but not a premiership winning one, and therefore will have a decent season without lifting any trophy!!

Gronk

Staff member
Not really mate any other team you wouldn’t be too concerned, you have followed Parra long enough...parramatta is not like any other team, unfortunately for the wrong reasons though, yesterday was a concern and honestly think Brad Arthur is a decent coach but not a premiership winning one, and therefore will have a decent season without lifting any trophy!!

I reckon the difference between winning and losing last night were 3 errors.

It’s just silly to be so judgmental over the coach and team after two 9 min halves.

Happy MEel

First Grade
And the dogs hooker was...Ben Marschke?
My point exactly. Two reserve graders at hooker led to a pretty bloody ordinary standard of nines footy. However, the team with a reserve grader who is a genuine hooker and surrounded by other reserve graders managed to compete (and beat) a team with a reserve grader who isn’t a hooker stacked with NRL talent.

Tooooks

Bench
I’ve found the nines to be really shit to watch overall. There have been some good moments but playing this format in 35 degree heat is utter stupidity.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree. We will have another decent season. It would be nice to lift a trophy but I dont see it happening.

Mind you, that was my position before yesterday's 9s match.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ahhh Lara...
ah.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore

It’s just silly to be so judgmental over the coach and team after two 9 min halves.

Guth kicking our on full
Rhys Davies dropping ball over line

Do people think guys ran with 100% intensity? To me it looked like they where jogging around. Nikauore took one powerfull charge and that was it.

strider

Post Whore

agree - though its 2 errors I think were bad

guthos kick out on the full and salmon's simple dropped ball

though I still think we had too many bigs .... I just don't see paulo the right dude for 9s ... switch a healthy waqa for paulo and we do better (I know waqa is injured but if he wasn't) - or alternatively, will smith would probably go quite ok at 9s

strider

Post Whore
I don't know why we were favourites tbh .... just cos we had NRL players? .... if those NRL players aren't suited then its no advantage

Lane and Matterson are great 80 minute edge forwards, but only so effective at 9s - they are fairly big lumbering dudes who are fringe middle forwards

our past 9s success was on the back of Bevan French .... we all waved him out the door .... we don't have that kind of player anymore ..... our only true speed is Moses now ..... fergo and sivo can be damaging runners but they are big and not overly fast - gutho is no speedster - salmon is fringe back rower .... i'm unsure where to put Davies probably a bit nippy but not too much

Eelementary

Post Whore

With all due respect, how can you possibly correlate what happens in the 9's with the gruelling, 25-week long 13 per side NRL season?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’ve found the nines to be really shit to watch overall. There have been some good moments but playing this format in 35 degree heat is utter stupidity.
Teams are so aware of the need to work hard in defence that they are standing around watching one out when they've got the ball.

Latest posts