What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Nines - Everything you need to know

flippikat

Bench
It is the most moronic format imaginable. I cannot fathom how they thought this would be good idea. And what for? Player fatigue? f**k off. They may aswell have made it a straight knockout.

Yeah, it's almost as though the NRL are treating the people of WA (which *is* the strongest 'affiliated state', by the way) with contempt, or at best recklessness...

Xcalibre

Juniors
Is there a valid reason why they didn’t have it on sat, sun, instead of fri, sat? The final is scheduled to finish around 7:30pm so not very late for families with young kids, going to school the day after.

As for sending reserve graders, the 9s have always included a fair amount of new, young talent or reggies. Tbh, I’m surprised by the quality of most teams. There are plenty of top players involved.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Across the river at our other stadium the aflw derby will play today, $3entry with all proceeds being donated to the bushfire appeal. 40k plus expected! Amazing what you can achieve when you have a goal to fill the stadium.

TheDalek079

Bench
Across the river at our other stadium the aflw derby will play today, $3entry with all proceeds being donated to the bushfire appeal. 40k plus expected! Amazing what you can achieve when you have a goal to fill the stadium.

Whinge whinge whinge. To you, an inconvenient start time is no excuse for low Sydney crowds, yet it's a perfectly acceptable excuse for embarrassingly abysmal Perth crowds.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Inconvenient start time? It was 4pm on a work day ffs! How many do you think it would have got anywhere?

Last Week

Bench

You'll be there no doubt.

Legion

Juniors
Fricking roasting here at moment lol. Valentines night at 4pm on a 40degree day, nrl season is underway with an empty stadium, start as you mean to go on! Our game is run by the dumbest planks in world sport surely?
But ... but ... where are all these NRL fans you've been telling us about who are crying out for league in the west?
I mean, die hard fans wouldn't let a little bit of heat scare them off? Surely not. It was 47* here recently. That's hot. Now that might have been a reasonable excuse but 40*? Pfft. Sad.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
But ... but ... where are all these NRL fans you've been telling us about who are crying out for league in the west?
I mean, die hard fans wouldn't let a little bit of hear scare them off? Surely not. It was 47* here recently. That's hot. Now that might have been a reasonable excuse but 40*? Pfft. Sad.

probably as fcked off with the V’landys and the nrl as I am, had to drag my arse out this morning to get here.

jim_57

Staff member
I quite enjoy the 9s but this has been awfully done. A good argument/conspiracy could be made that the NRL didn't want it to suceed so they can scrap it for good. Why I'm not so sure, it has a lot of potential for a pre-season comp.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I live on the Sunshine Coast mate, two NRL games this year plus women’s origin.

All will be sellouts.

not hard with a 10k capacity lol

25k over the two days and we’ve got two more nrl games to come which will likely draw another 35k. Not bad for an afl city with no club to get the locals interested

Perth Red

Post Whore
I quite enjoy the 9s but this has been awfully done. A good argument/conspiracy could be made that the NRL didn't want it to suceed so they can scrap it for good. Why I'm not so sure, it has a lot of potential for a pre-season comp.

yes it is a strange one. The atmosphere after about 5pm was miles better today. Should have been 1pm-8pm Saturday and sunday. Nrl sucks monkey balls.