What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Perth Nines

Rabbits20

Immortal
Disappointing result on day 1, didn't go to plan. Too many errors and missed tackles as well as being a bit pedestrian in attack. I feel we needed to throw caution to the wind a bit more.

Liked what I saw from Taaffe and Graham but otherwise no one else really stood out.

Lowe's injury is concerning and obviously not what we need right now so let's hope that's nothing major.

Saying we're in for a long year after a friggin Nines game is crazy though. It's Nines, a completely different game. Wayne has shown in the past that he doesn't care much for the Nines and maybe that's what we're seeing now. There's just no way you can judge how a team will go that year off the Nines.

Anyway, despite the result I still really enjoyed day one and am so happy Footy has returned!! We have improvement in us as a Nines side and hopefully we'll see that on day two. We'll be back!
Bro spot on, Graham and Ta’affe were standouts.

Yes it was disappointing and tbh we just need to get out of there with no more injuries.

Completion rates and tackling were both poor.

Gebbie, Su’a and Koloa were awful.

callmack1

Staff member
Really looking forward to day two of the Nines, it should be an even better event than yesterday! We need to be a lot better as well no doubt. We can make the quarters, the boys just need to go out there and put in a much better game against the Raiders.

Can't wait!!

Very different game from the real thing, but a solid thumping courtesy tigers.

It’s just too dangerous risking any serious players for these events.

Lowe has such an outstanding season last year, I don’t think he shouldn’t have been playing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Really looking forward to day two of the Nines, it should be an even better event than yesterday! We need to be a lot better as well no doubt. We can make the quarters, the boys just need to go out there and put in a much better game against the Raiders.

Can't wait!!
We played with too much structure and the lack of a recognised half really hurt us.

Anyways it’s only 9’s.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If you pulled up angst in the dictionary there would be a photo of a group of Souths supporters next to it. :joy:
I’m more looking forward to the Charity Shield to get a better guide, although it seems Lowe is definitely out of that and Nicholls highly unlikely and Knight touch an go so we will see a lot of our young forwards which is a good thing I guess to see what they’ve got.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’m more looking forward to the Charity Shield to get a better guide, although it seems Lowe is definitely out of that and Nicholls highly unlikely and Knight touch an go so we will see a lot of our young forwards which is a good thing I guess to see what they’ve got.

We usually field a full strength outfit in the charity shield so if players are fit and ready to go they’ll play. The charity shield is also a bit of a gimmick game though with the amount of subs both teams have.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We usually field a full strength outfit in the charity shield so if players are fit and ready to go they’ll play. The charity shield is also a bit of a gimmick game though with the amount of subs both teams have.
I just checked as well and just before Christmas we didn’t have another trial, but now we do against Parra at Ringrose Park. Siro and Amone are gonna have a run apparently.

callmack1

Staff member
Ethan Lowe to undergo a fitness test today with the possibility he will play this afternoon.

Personally, I wouldn't risk him.

Mr Spock!

Referee
The boring Bennett game plan is the 2019 attitude you described. Very structured, very one off, can’t score tries in the red zone. The only team that made 9’s look boring tonight.
And we've no Sutton who created opportunities on the edge.