What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies that made you walk out of the cinema

Wizardman

First Grade
Im sure the vast majority of us have turned off a movie early at home because of its crapness. But, have you ever walked out of a cinema before?

I have twice

*Doom: I think I may have made about 70-80 minutes of it...but I couldn't stand it anymore. For an action movie, I found it extremely boring and did not give a stuff about the characters. I had enough.

*Knock Off: My world record short stay. After thirty minutes, I pissed off and spent time with dad instead. I was turned off by it from the word go. A Van Damme and Rob Schnieder movie.

The only other movie that deeply tempted me to walk out was Alien v Predator. I stayed the course hoping the movie would improve but it actually got worse as time went on. I should have went with my gut...lol

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Yep, a long time ago:
Undercover Brother.

I got up and left 25 minutes in.
Watching a movie at the cinema enhances the viewing experience. For me to pay for a ticket and leave early makes a movie atrocious. I give the vast majority of movies a good go.

bileduct

Coach
I've walked out of two movies.

The Astronaut's Wife. Just incredibly boring.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm a huge fan of the original radio plays, as well as the books, television series and computer game that followed it. I really didn't like the movie.

When it comes to movies I watched at home there's been a few that I didn't finish. That was mostly because I got interrupted by something and never went back though lack of interest, it wasn't necessary a bad film that I would have walked out of in a cinema. Though the one I do remember stopping because it was just atrocious is the 2018 Predator movie.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
I don't think I've walked out of a movie. In hindsight I probably should have walked out of A Thin Red Line, I watch films for a narrative not for little Solomon Island kids sitting around and dipshit Adrien Brody staring at the sun through leaves.

I probably should have walked out of Jurassic World 2, it was already a crap movie and then the final scene managed to make it crappier. Annoying as Jurassic World 1 was actually a fun movie.

I've started watching films and stopped and never wanted to carry on again at a later date and don't care that I'll never know - The Rover, The Road, the Predator movie before the 2018 (basically if Adrien Brody is in a film it's likely to be shit) and that Coen Brothers folk movie which I was quite enjoying and then it froze and for some reason I've never wanted to see how it ends.

Romeo + Juliet (1996)

Asked for my money back, and was told everyone else loved it and I couldn't have not liked it.

A DVD I stopped was Series 7 (2001). Was shite. Tempted to try and find it and watch again.

Norbit was another.

Matua

Bench
Romeo + Juliet (1996)

Asked for my money back, and was told everyone else loved it and I couldn't have not liked it.

A DVD I stopped was Series 7 (2001). Was shite. Tempted to try and find it and watch again.

Norbit was another.
Hahaha, you can't just ask for your money back because you picked a bad movie ... that's on you. :)

Hahaha, you can't just ask for your money back because you picked a bad movie ... that's on you. :)

I was a smart arse 22 year old.

Lol. Everyone was raving. Probably asked for tickets to see Chain Reaction or Island of Dr Moreau instead.

Parra

Referee
Ferris Buellers Day Off

Only You

Biggest walkout I've seen was when Salo was shown in a theatre in the 1990's. No idea what they were expecting, I'd say 50% or more walked.

mongoose

Coach
I don't think I've walked out of a movie. In hindsight I probably should have walked out of A Thin Red Line, I watch films for a narrative not for little Solomon Island kids sitting around and dipshit Adrien Brody staring at the sun through leaves.

I probably should have walked out of Jurassic World 2, it was already a crap movie and then the final scene managed to make it crappier. Annoying as Jurassic World 1 was actually a fun movie.

I've started watching films and stopped and never wanted to carry on again at a later date and don't care that I'll never know - The Rover, The Road, the Predator movie before the 2018 (basically if Adrien Brody is in a film it's likely to be shit) and that Coen Brothers folk movie which I was quite enjoying and then it froze and for some reason I've never wanted to see how it ends.

Adrien Brody is a weird person to have a biased against.... He was brilliant in Peaky Blinders and The Pianist is a great holocaust film with him.

axl rose

Bench
At the cinema- The Pink Panther (2006) and Lady in the Water (2006)

At home I couldn't get through Sully, The Post or First Man. ZZZZ

Last edited:

Springs09

Juniors

f**k you have terrible taste

Matua

Bench
Adrien Brody is a weird person to have a biased against.... He was brilliant in Peaky Blinders and The Pianist is a great holocaust film with him.
He was comically bad in Peaky Blinders. He was playing a panto version of an Italian gangster.

f**k you have terrible taste
Get over yourself, sorry we can't all love Jurassic World 2 as much as you. :p

nöyd

Staff member
Can't recall ever walking out on a movie in the cinema, came pretty close though. My brother and I were sitting in an almost empty theatre watching the first Austin Powers, after 10-15 minutes we both looked at each other as if to say "why did you make me come and watch this shit", then all of a sudden the jokes started landing and we got through it ok.

I took my mum to see There's Something about Mary, between Stiller getting his Road Map to Mudgee caught in his zipper and Cameron Diaz styling her hair with jizz, I never wanted to be anywhere else as much ever in my life. Mum was having a great laugh though lol

I got half way through The Keep on DVD last week when my wife screamed f**k this shit.

Haven't tempted to finish it.

I've rewatched some classic 80s movies lately and being bitterly disapponted that in 85 or 86 these were awesome Betamax vids.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I walked out of the first Alien vs Predator, which was a mixture of the movie being awful and having too much greasy fish & chips before the show.

Matua

Bench
I took my mum to see There's Something about Mary, between Stiller getting his Road Map to Mudgee caught in his zipper and Cameron Diaz styling her hair with jizz, I never wanted to be anywhere else as much ever in my life. Mum was having a great laugh though lol
When I was 21 I watched Bad Boy Bubby with my Mum and my girlfriend ... it was very uncomfortable. It was recommended to my Mum by a friend of hers.

myrrh ken

First Grade
When I was 21 I watched Bad Boy Bubby with my Mum and my girlfriend ... it was very uncomfortable. It was recommended to my Mum by a friend of hers.
With your mum? Actually i think i watched it with my sis. That scene still haunts me.