What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Watched the interview a couple of times now and it appears to me that its 50/50 him staying. Twice said he loves the club, but I think there are some issues he needs clarity on. One being who will he head coach moving forward. If $$ isnt the issue for him, and he loves the club, why would he uproot his family, kids to an environment that is unfamiliar to them. My only answer comes down to 2 things imo.
1. Coach and coaching staff
2. Length of deal
On the 2nd point I have heard he wants a 4yr deal.
If Friz decides to depart then, we do have sufficient back up in Ford, Host and even Fuimoano.

kit66

Bench
Now that it's obvious to everyone that he's open to new opportunities I expect to hear very soon that other clubs have approached him, they'd be mad not to. Personally, I'd like him to stay but if we don't sort our coach woes soon he'll walk I'm sure. Didn't he ( and his missus ) also have an issue with the DeBelin saga and how the club handled it, could be a contributing factor and another mess that needs sorting.
We have to make a call on Jack.

jeffdragon

Bench
Watched the interview a couple of times now and it appears to me that its 50/50 him staying. Twice said he loves the club, but I think there are some issues he needs clarity on. One being who will he head coach moving forward. If $$ isnt the issue for him, and he loves the club, why would he uproot his family, kids to an environment that is unfamiliar to them. My only answer comes down to 2 things imo.
2. Length of deal
If Friz decides to depart then, we do have sufficient back up in Ford, Host and even Fuimoano.
Can't compare friz to those three.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
2. Length of deal

Can only hope he thinks Flanno will be taking over.
He wants a title.

upload_2020-2-15_11-57-29.png

True_Believer

Juniors

This is the problem. If Frizz wants 4 years, I'd be happy to let him go. Players like Ford, Host and Fuimoano aren't going to hang around for 4 years. We'll lose Ford definitely, and most likely at least 1 of the other 2.

I'd be offering him 2 years with a view to moving the others through - give them a light at the end of the tunnel and make them work for that spot when it comes up.

Give him 4 and we more than likely are left with the worst out of the 3 of them, if any of them stick around at all.

Also, I'm not keen on upping the price to match another offer just to keep him. Market price is pretty much what someone is willing to pay for him. If we believe he is worth $800k and Knights or Roosters believe he is $900k, so be it. I don't think it's wise to pay an extra 100k - otherwise we would be considered paying 'overs'. Let another team pay overs for a change.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep him, but there's more at stake than just losing him.

SAP58

Juniors
This is the problem. If Frizz wants 4 years, I'd be happy to let him go. Players like Ford, Host and Fuimoano aren't going to hang around for 4 years. We'll lose Ford definitely, and most likely at least 1 of the other 2.

I'd be offering him 2 years with a view to moving the others through - give them a light at the end of the tunnel and make them work for that spot when it comes up.

Give him 4 and we more than likely are left with the worst out of the 3 of them, if any of them stick around at all.

Also, I'm not keen on upping the price to match another offer just to keep him. Market price is pretty much what someone is willing to pay for him. If we believe he is worth $800k and Knights or Roosters believe he is $900k, so be it. I don't think it's wise to pay an extra 100k - otherwise we would be considered paying 'overs'. Let another team pay overs for a change.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep him, but there's more at stake than just losing him.
I agree we shouldn't pay overs, I would also like to keep Friz but put a value on him and its then up to him. Similar to Dugan we offered him a very good deal but he chased the money and an extended deal that the gummies were silly enough to offer and look what has happened. Although I rate Friz way ahead of Duges as a person and player.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

I'd reckon the Rorters would be offering the least, knwoing that they can say, 'At least we can give you a 50:50 of winning a title or better.
How can they keep ALL their players & Frizz, under the cap?
Total bull if they can.

He'll only go to Newcastle for the coin, so it needs to be massive.
Can't see it though.
Reckon he'll stay with us IF he can see a glimmer of hope ( McGregor gone ) and we have Shepperd & Flannagan.

Gardenia

Juniors
I didn’t hear the interview, but just read the foxsports story.

Since it appears money is not the motivating factor but playing finals and being in with a chance of a premiership, Friz’s future in the Red V could be dependent on who the coach is.

Having said that, I don’t think the Knights are in a premiership window and even with a coach change neither are we in the next 3 years.

Another red and blue team is in a perpetual premiership window though and had already been linked with him. If finals and premierships are what he wants, I think I know where he’s going.

Hope I’m wrong.
The Rorters :(

Gareth67

First Grade
I am not sure if Tyson falls into that special category whereby the NRL allows some type of dispensation for being a long term player with the one club , will actually help our cause in resigning him .

He has played with the Dragons for quite some time now so perhaps the club is eligible for the extra funding , as I said I am not sure exactly how that works , but some among us would know . If we do qualify then hopefully it may be enough to get us over the line to having Fritz remain a Dragon .

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
how do the two $800k backrowers compare in stats ie Arrow vs Friz

Arrows stats are fairly remarkable from memory when I last checked

why didnt Bennett want Friz instead?

with no JDB we need Friz but its alot of money and that sort of money creates an opportunity cost

m-dragons1997

Juniors
2. Length of deal
Do you know how much we have offered him?

possm

Coach
2. Length of deal
I'd say money is an issue and I don't think the 3 year deal is an issue however, in my opinion the De Belin factor is an issue especially with Frizell's wife. All us married folk know who is the real boss of the house. So maybe it is a case of terminating De Belin's contract prior to season 2021 in order to keep Frizell.

Latest posts