What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons NRL Nines 2020 draw revealed

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If McGregor has balls he would try a backline of
Sailor
Ramsay
Lomax
Williame
Saab
Id probably have all 5 also in slightly different positions. Id go;
1.Lomax (He's trained there all off season so give him a decent shot not a Kurt Mann 2 weeks)
2.Ramsay (Long term fullback for me but is only young and can bide his time on the wing, in a roaming type role like how Tommy T and Tedesco did in origin)
3. Wiliame (Looks solid in defence and skilful)
4.Sailor (Not tall but built like a tank will eventually be our 6 long term)
5.Saab(Big, tall and fast a no brainer)

Frank Facer

First Grade
If McGregor has balls he would try a backline of
Sailor
Ramsay
Lomax
Williame
Saab
I would go

1 Lomax
2 Saab
3 Feagai
4 Rava
5 Ramsey
6 Hunt
7 Norman

I don't think Feagai or Rava would be any worse than Lafai and Aitken and they both may surprise. It is a disgrace that we don't have any recognised first grade centres besides Aitken and Lafai.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dufty has a depressed fracture of the cheekbone I would say he'll be out for 6 to 10 weeks. Unlucky for him
Its a real shame for him, he looked super fit. I could have seen him lighting up the 9s later today. Even the kickoff that earned him the injury he hit that ball with venom. I have to commend his attitude to stay and fight so hard for that 1 jersey.

Old Timer

Coach
Even the 9’s have shows nothing has changed with Aitken & Lafai from last year, they should not be in our FG squad. But until the head coach gets punted they will be there.
After VK scores his try again proving Aitken is shit the camera panned out to Nighty who just shook his head as he lowered his eyes and he said f**k
Hasn’t played for how long and still in awe of Aitken’s lack of ability to read a simple play
Priceless

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would go

1 Lomax
2 Saab
3 Feagai
4 Rava
5 Ramsey
6 Hunt
7 Norman

I don't think Feagai or Rava would be any worse than Lafai and Aitken and they both may surprise. It is a disgrace that we don't have any recognised first grade centres besides Aitken and Lafai.
The fact the Feagais didn't get named in the 9s though says to me they are probably at least 3rd in the pecking order. Unfortunately probably behind, Aitken, Lafai, Sailor, Wiliame, and probably even Fuimaono for a centre spot. I wouldn't have named Aitken or Lafai in the 9s we have seen enough of them and its our younger faster guys making an impact.

SAP58

Juniors
Getting the nines updates whilst in Germany....pretty sure this the first time we have made the finals in this tournament, hail flanno!
Whilst I haven’t seen Flano at the tournament i believe he has had a significant impact on this team already. It really frustrates me to see our inferior So called head coach at the tournament who will no doubt now come out & take all the accolades from our performance.

Dragons2020

Juniors
The fact the Feagais didn't get named in the 9s though says to me they are probably at least 3rd in the pecking order. Unfortunately probably behind, Aitken, Lafai, Sailor, Wiliame, and probably even Fuimaono for a centre spot. I wouldn't have named Aitken or Lafai in the 9s we have seen enough of them and its our younger faster guys making an impact.
Definitely seen enough of Aitken he is the worst defender in the NRL absolutely ridiculous if he starts this season in first grade

kit66

Bench
Haha only Dragon supporters can overlook the horrible decision from the refs.

If it happened to you you’d be all screaming your tits off for 100 pages on this thread.

No-one's overlooking it or saying it was a fair try, we know it wasn't but there's nothing we can do about it.
It could have happened to any team, I don't know why you're upset with Dragon's supporters, have a moan about the real culprits, the refs.
I'm only miffed we weren't playing Manly with DCE playing, that would have been awesome.
Good on Cody for answering Lara's question the way he did.

Last edited:

SAP58

Juniors
We all know that with our current head coach Lafai & Aitken will be first picked. Whilst we are all frustrated it will all change around round 8 :pray:

Dragsters

First Grade
Definitely seen enough of Aitken he is the worst defender in the NRL absolutely ridiculous if he starts this season in first grade

...and the sad part is, it just as easily could be 2019 or even 18 for that matter.

Definition of insanity = doing the same thing yadaa yaadaa...

My head hurts.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Whilst I haven’t seen Flano at the tournament i believe he has had a significant impact on this team already. It really frustrates me to see our inferior So called head coach at the tournament who will no doubt now come out & take all the accolades from our performance.
He's the defence coach and 9s is a totally different structure. As I have stated earlier I think the main reason we are going well is fitness. They do look noticeably more fit this season. That hard arse trainer is really making his mark. That coupled with the fact that we have some great young juniors which hopefully now they have been shown off will be harder and harder for Mary to leave out of the team now. If we string a few losses together pressure will come from Flanno and from the public about giving Aitken and Lafai a solid stint in reserves.

Latest posts