What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ISC Player Movement - Squads - Rumours

Artful Dodger

Juniors
I think the Souths signings are quite good.

Looking forward to seeing what Easts have got for us next year.. dont know what to expect

Easts may need to sign a couple more front rowers. Hearing Brett Grienke is gone for the year with an Achilles injury and one of their major signings from NSW Cup has decided to head back home.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I was expecting that the QRL site would be starting a series of articles with each club's gains and losses around now. Nothing yet.

TheGeneral

Juniors
Joel Moon has today announced his retirement and won’t be playing for the Falcons

Fetuli Talanoa will join Tweed Heads. Alex Gerrard won’t be there as has returned to England playing for Leigh.

Pat Kaufusi has signed and might be joined by Josh Hoffman at the Blackhawks

Tevin Arona has returned back to New Zealand due to personal issues and may not play for the Pride

Lloyd Perrett has signed for Wynnum Manly

ALX25

Juniors
Redcliffe Dolphins
Gains

BJ Aufaga-To’omaga (Central Queensland Capras), Jonathon Reuben (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Marmin Barba (Ipswich Jets), Billy McConnachie (Ipswich Jets), Lachlan Timm (St George Illawarra Dragons), Logan Bayliss (North Queensland Cowboys), Joshua Gatt (Sydney Roosters), Justin Worley (Newcastle Knights), Jarrett Boland (Mount Pritchard Mounties), Ben Shea (Ipswich Jets)

Losses
Bryce Donovan (Norths Devils), Tom Geraghty (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Hugh Pratt (Marist Brothers Lismore), Scott Schulte (released), James Taylor (Souths Logan Magpies), Aaron Whitchurch (retired), Jedidiah Simbiken (Queanbeyan Kangaroos)

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/02...-line-up-for-broncos-against-old-club-capras/

ALX25

Juniors
Ipswich Jets
Gains

Dalton Phillips (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Luke Pollock (Norths Devils), Keenan Yorston (Easts Tigers), Gerome Burns (Souths Logan Magpies)

Losses
Ben Shea (Redcliffe Dolphins), Marmin Barba (Redcliffe Dolphins), Billy McConnachie (Redcliffe Dolphins), Michael Purcell (Easts Tigers), Christopher Ash (Brothers Ipswich), Joshua Seage (retired)

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/02/15/phillips-embraces-learning-the-way-of-the-jets/

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Does anyone know the exact amount of the proposed salary cap for the comp? Townsville stacked with talent this year

League guru

Juniors
Does anyone know the exact amount of the proposed salary cap for the comp? Townsville stacked with talent this year
Is there a salary cap for this comp?. What happens when a player like Darius Boyd is relegated. How is an 800k a year player like him managed under a Intrust Cup salary cap. I don't think there was one.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Is there a salary cap for this comp?. What happens when a player like Darius Boyd is relegated. How is an 800k a year player like him managed under a Intrust Cup salary cap. I don't think there was one.

I thought they brought one in this year or maybe even last year. NRL Affiliated players salaries would be exempt.

League guru

Juniors
I thought they brought one in this year or maybe even last year. NRL Affiliated players salaries would be exempt.
Yeh, I think you may be right. I did a bit of research and read where they were considering setting it at 500k a season. If they make NRL players salaries exempt, as appears the case, then what is the point.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Yeh, I think you may be right. I did a bit of research and read where they were considering setting it at 500k a season. If they make NRL players salaries exempt, as appears the case, then what is the point.

Josh Hoffman has just been confirmed as another signing for Townsville. Blackhawks going hard for the premiership this year.

ALX25

Juniors
Townsville Blackhawks
Gains

Moses Meninga (PNG Hunters), Tom Hancock (Northern Pride), Carlin Anderson (North Queensland Cowboys), Harry Mulligan (Terrigal Sharks), Patrick Kaufusi (St George Illawarra Dragons), Josh Hoffman (Parramatta Eels)

Losses
Dan Beasley (retired), Michael Parker-Walshe (retired), Zac Santo (Limoux, France), Ryan Lloyd (local league), Marshall Hudson (local league), Chippie Korostchuk (local league), Jayden Stephens (local league), Campbell Duffy (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Tom McCagh (Souths Logan Magpies)

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/02/18/hoffman-strengthens-blackhawks-squad/

ALX25

Juniors
Papua New Guinea Hunters
Gains

Rahdly Brawa (Wynnum Manly Seagulls), Steven Bruno (Kimbe Cutters), Francis Takai (Rabaul Gurias), Emmanuel Waine (Hela Wigmen), Casey Dickson (Lae Tigers), Mark Piti (Lae Tigers)

Losses
Moses Meninga (Townsville Blackhawks), McKenzie Yei (CQ Capras), Baundo Aba (released), Bland Abavu (released), Dilbert Isaac (released), Gairo Kapana (released), Woods Kawage (released), Butler Morris (released), Jerry Teme (released), Adex Wera (released), Daniel Tapol (released), Paul Wawa (released)

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/02/20/family-connections-and-familiar-faces-to-boost-png-hunters/