What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neins

MilkShark

First Grade
Would anyone here be happy for the Sharks to come runners up in the nines tournament if it meant there would be 4 injuries to the squad?
I really don’t care about the result.

All I care about it is the fact the 2 younger halves in our squad were better than our nrl half who we have signed for 4 more years.

I really don’t care about the result.

All I care about it is the fact the 2 younger halves in our squad were better than our nrl half who we have signed for 4 more years.

3 seasons but yes too long an extension for his stage of his career and recent output.

Brayden Trindall is off contract this season and all he has to do is continue his upward trajectory and he’ll be in demand from rival Clubs for sure.

Sharks can’t offer him a pathway.

txta2

Bench
Won't happen. Not when he is front and centre of Sharks marketing and social media platforms. S so called good guy, just has no footy ability.

Just on Chad again I don’t like how much distractions he is putting in his life whilst he is playing professional Rugby League.

He has his stints on Fox League, he has a You Tube Channel and now a Podcast.

And juggle his family life.

I’d much rather he put more of that spare time in practising his footy skills.

I saw chicks last night easily piloting drop goals from in front after they had scored in the bonus zone. Maybe a bit more practise during the week from him and he might of got close to landing his.

lolesi

First Grade
Just on Chad again I don’t like how much distractions he is putting in his life whilst he is playing professional Rugby League.

He has his stints on Fox League, he has a You Tube Channel and now a Podcast.

And juggle his family life.

I’d much rather he put more of that spare time in practising his footy skills.

I saw chicks last night easily piloting drop goals from in front after they had scored in the bonus zone. Maybe a bit more practise during the week from him and he might of got close to landing his.

in fairness they do get a fair bit of free time... I think it’s a good thing he is doing stuff for his profile in the media which in turn will benefit the club.

we get smashed by most with a pen, keyboard or microphone, so it’s nice that Ennis, Lewis, Gal etc and potentially more can put themselves in a position which push a positive agenda for the club.

No comment from me re his playing atm.(like people would give a shit anyway)

Last edited:

wibble

Bench
Geez Ramien offered zilch during this didnt he

Ramien has been poor so far in his second stint with us, but there is not much to go off. Not too concerned yet.

Townsend is a better game manager than most, and nines isn't really about that. Not that I mind Trindall showing some ability and putting the pressure on. Townsend had some up and down moments last year, and whilst overall I think he is a good half, he is not perfect and some pressure on his spot, or another option, is never a bad thing.

Brailey looked good, but I really am concerned about how many minutes he can play over a full season. He is not very robust. Townsend or even Trindall as other options I guess can be explored.

shaggs

Coach
The entire team a style that was poor for 9s.
Where was the explosion, the speed, the footwork?

None of the players picked showed any of that.

As for Brailey and being robust, where’re does that come from? The kid has defended in the middle his entire career. He is used to big blokes running at him.
If he is allowed to run and kick, then he will look a million bucks. He is a shovelled, then a bigger bodied back tower as well play there.

Stake Removed

First Grade
From the 2 games what i basically noticed.

Morris - Looked happy out there playing hoping he is staying
Rudolf - seems more energetic then Woods, seems to want to run with some speed
Woods - Just trotting with the ball, no impact
CT - offered nothing seems to be lacking speed, i swear Rudolf who is a forward has more speed then CT
Kennedy - Looked to put on some size
Trindall - Looked dangerous ball in hand and is big enough to play firsts
Tracey - He looked dangerous, yes 9's is more open but looked good at dummy half

From our aspect i thought Tracey was our best player

Watched a replay of our 9s game vs Dogs
We would have gone through to finals if Jonno was kicking any better than his last year's goal kicking average!!