What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

PJ

First Grade
Plane time so clear out some trash.

Terminator Dark Fate. As bad as I had heard but enjoyed Karl even though his transformation story was absurd. 6, mainly for nostalgia

Official Secrets. Interesting film based on a true story, but tried too hard to build tension in a couple of parts when it wasn't needed. 8

Midway. The good, action sequences were well done. The bad, which was most of the movie, some of the worst dialogue I have heard in a film. Characters were so cliched and near cartoonish. Big drama moments were so telegraphed and obvious Hard to tell if the acting was bad or it was just the script. 4

mongoose

Coach
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Pitt is great in this, DiCaprio is funny as a kind of reclusive loser but it's probably Tarantino's most boring movie, next to Jackie Brown. Nothing really happens until the ultra violent ending which borders on cartoonish. The Sharon Tate character is completely pointless. Don't get the hype about this one..

Richard Jewel
Well made drama ( Clint knows how to direct)
Highlighting how if the media & Govt decide to get you your life is instantly turned to Shit
7.5/10
Well worth a watch

Misanthrope

Staff member
Finally saw Parasite today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I called South Korea home for a few years, so I definitely had more touchstones within the world of the story than my wife, but we both really enjoyed the characterization, the plot, and the overall pacing of it. I can see why it won Best Picture. It was terrific.

9/10

Zoidberg

First Grade
MIB International. Such a waste of a movie. There was nothing enjoyable or interesting or unexpected about it. Probably the most meh of a film there is.

Brightburn. Enjoyed this telling of a Superman type story where young kid loses his shit. Hoping for a bit more story to it but it’s just a horror movie really. The premise keeps it going and enjoyable.

Last edited:
Went and saw The Gentlemen with the missus this arvo.

Very, Very Good.

I've not been taken by any of Guy Ritchie's offerings after Lock Stock & Snatch (two of my all-time favourite films) but this is a cracker.

Hugh Grant was outstanding (he's almost always been typecast as the charming duffer in rom-coms). Matthew Maconaughey (spelling???) was also brilliant.

Doesn't have the volume of belly laughs of Lock Stock/Snatch but still funny in parts and a great storyline akin to those two.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Detective Pikachu. Never watched or played anything Pokémon but this was a fun movie. Ending of it kinda ruins the potential for a sequel as good I think because the chemistry between the main character and Pikachu is what made the film.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Underwater

Why is kristen stewart still a thing. They could have saved a bunch of budget and actually made her character better if instead cutting her hair short and bleaching it blonde just found an early 00s eminem impersonator that does kida bday parties and you wouldnt have spotted the difference besides the imporsonator having a bust size that is bigger than negative

YoHadrian

Juniors
Underwater

Why is kristen stewart still a thing. They could have saved a bunch of budget and actually made her character better if instead cutting her hair short and bleaching it blonde just found an early 00s eminem impersonator that does kida bday parties and you wouldnt have spotted the difference besides the imporsonator having a bust size that is bigger than negative

John Oliver called her "the world's richest sad person" which I thought was very funny.

Watched Parasite last night.
Enjoyable yes .
7.5/10
Best movie of the year ..not even close .
Maybe I expected too much ( rave reviews ..winning BP etc) but I rate JoJo Rabbit & Once upon a time in Hollywood as far better.
Would rate it on a par with Richard Jewell .

Latest posts