What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tristan Sailor

Frank Facer

First Grade
2 years ago I started a thread saying that we should hang onto Sailor, that I thought he could make a good 5/8 and that he may even end up being better than Widdop.

In the few appearances he made in first grade last year and today's 9's, he has shown that he has attacking flair and instincts to make it in first grade. He could even be better than I thought. I am happy to hear that he will be playing 80 minutes in Canterbury Cup. If I was coach I would be open to the idea of moving Hunt to hooker, with Norman halfback and Sailor 5/8. I believe that 6, 7, 9, would give us more flair and attack. Hunt is a good enough hooker to play for Qld.

I am also thinking of the prospect of a future halves pairing of 7 Sullivan and Sailor 5/8. If that was to eventuate they would probably be the most attacking pair of halves in the comp. Is Sullivan the dominate playmaker who can control the game? If Flanno becomes our coach, then he will most likely want to bring Kyle to us, who I rate highly and expect to have a big season, playing in Easts star studded team. Then there is Tye Wishart who also has some big wraps on him.

giboz71

First Grade
I heard Dufty has been awesome in training. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him light it up later in the tournament. I know he didn’t set the world on fire game 1 but don’t count him out. Wish I was related to the Peach would take him any day at the mighty’s.

Dufty’s problem is that he rarely engages the line. It’s like he knows he’s undersized, so when he gets tackled he often gets dominated as no momentum is going forward.

Sailor plays without fear and plays a lot bigger even though they are similar stature. And I think his upper body strength is superior so he can withstand the hits, despite being small.

He scored that try as he was running hard when he hit the line, something Duffy rarely does.

If his tackling is improved, he is a walk up start to replace Norman at five eight during the season..

Has electrifying speed, vision and an excellent pass.

I would be looking to trade Norman to another club to free up cap space going forward

possm

Coach
Some people here don't rate him for some reason.

He looks the goods to me. Football smarts, and plays above his weight.
I have always thought Sailor is a five-eighth and because we have halves like Norman, Hunt, Clune and Sullivan on the books, it is hard to know where he will fit in. Of course Norman and Hunt really need to step up in 2020.

The centres are our problem so, if SGI moved Sailor into the centres or moved Norman into left centre and Sailor to five-eight, there may be a place in our squad for Sailor.

possm

Coach
Dufty’s problem is that he rarely engages the line. It’s like he knows he’s undersized, so when he gets tackled he often gets dominated as no momentum is going forward.

Sailor plays without fear and plays a lot bigger even though they are similar stature. And I think his upper body strength is superior so he can withstand the hits, despite being small.

He scored that try as he was running hard when he hit the line, something Duffy rarely does.
In my opinion neither Sailor nor Dufty are suited to the fullback position. To me they are more suited in the halves but both need to beef up a little and improve their defensive skills.

epDragon62

First Grade
In my opinion neither Sailor nor Dufty are suited to the fullback position. To me they are more suited in the halves but both need to beef up a little and improve their defensive skills.
Fair comment, however, it seems far more likely that Sailor has the attitude to get the defence right.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If his tackling is improved, he is a walk up start to replace Norman at five eight during the season..

Has electrifying speed, vision and an excellent pass.

I would be looking to trade Norman to another club to free up cap space going forward
He can kick too, nailed a 40-20 and was close on other occasions. I know its only 9s but the field is the same length...

SnowDragon

Juniors
I too have been impressed with Sailor both in the 9’s and more critically last year.

I’ve been contemplating Norman moving to fullback this year, Lomax into the centres and sailor to to the halves. Seems to remove a number of problems we have. I think we had that against the titans at the end of last year right?

SaintPauli

Juniors
I'd say in time, perhaps even this year Cody Ramsay will be fullback and Zack Lomax a centre.

Zack Lomax deserves his chance at fullback though i don't believe he has the same intensity in running from what i see Cody Ramsay do.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Can every man and his dog please stop suggesting we move Hunt to hooker IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN! ...and nor should it we have McInnes there and Luke is the replacement.
Yeah I agree, we need to keep Hunt at 7. Chopping and changing won’t help us we need to get he and Norman firing then when McInnes is back he can slide back in.

possm

Coach
I too have been impressed with Sailor both in the 9’s and more critically last year.

I’ve been contemplating Norman moving to fullback this year, Lomax into the centres and sailor to to the halves. Seems to remove a number of problems we have. I think we had that against the titans at the end of last year right?
Let's see how Lomax goes at fullback first. Right now our problems seem to be in the centres and so, if Mary insists on playing Norman and Hunt in the halves, a Sailor Williame centre combination may be the go.

watatank

Coach
Can every man and his dog please stop suggesting we move Hunt to hooker IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN! ...and nor should it we have McInnes there and Luke is the replacement.

If Luke doesn't play 80 minutes there's a decent chance Hunt spends time at hooker with Sailor somewhere in the team (or off the bench) to fill in in the halves.