What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons NRL Nines 2020 draw revealed

Old Timer

Coach
BLM01
Didn't say they can't, I said how they do (rev it up) on the basis of 9's is beyond me.
I gave a couple of areas of performance exclusions to that and tried as best I could to keep my commentary on players performances within those.

BLM01

First Grade
[
I'm predicting Robson's future success.

We are a two city club, the gong and Sydney - the largest city in Australia.[/QUOTE
I get you rate Robson and how are we a 2 city club. What happened to all those other clubs that were based in Sydney?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I was disappointed in Ravalawa's performance. It seems he has not progressed during the off-seaon.

We had our hits and misses- Ramsey and Kerr were the obvious pluses but agree about Ravalawa and we are no closer to settling on our best four outside backs. I like the look of Ford in the centres but he didn't get much opportunity. Lafai looked old and slow.
But my overall reaction to what happened in Perth...... A DISASTER!!!!-WHY?

1. We made the final- albeit courtesy of a howler- Mary gets the credit
2. McInnes, our captain is injured indefinitely- another excuse for Mary if all goes pear shaped and we start losing in the weeks to come
3. This is of course in addition to the disaster of De Belin's 2020 season being effectively over due to the trial delay until August- more distractions and excuses for Mary.

My guess is Shepherd and to a lesser extent Flanagan are probably cursing their ill fortune and Mary's luck. Flanagan knows that he cannot be a head coach for two years so whatever he does this year will count for very little.

Easy to be wise after the event but Ricky Stuart got it right by resting his key players and letting the up and comers show their wares. A player can get injured anywhere and anytime but when they're injured in a competition that no one will remember in a few months, that is when it hurts.