What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

Timbo

Staff member
The new season of Narcos came out this evening.

Through the first two episodes and it’s just as great as the previous seasons. Such a great show.

Smack

Coach

Through the first two episodes and it’s just as great as the previous seasons. Such a great show.

we got this lined up too, can't wait

my fav scene from narcos

Smack

Coach
started watching uncut gems, holy shit it was bad, then coldest game... even worse.. whats up with these low effort netflix movies

azzah72

Bench
started watching uncut gems, holy shit it was bad, then coldest game... even worse.. whats up with these low effort netflix movies

Uncut Gems seems to be a very Divisive movie.

I personally thought it was ok to good, I liked the anxiety the story built of a clear piece of shit.

I can also see why people thought it was awful as it isn't made in the "standard" way, if frenetic and dialogue is over the top of each other and noone is particuarly likable.

That's what the saftie Bros do though, I liked their other movie good time, Robert Pattisons movie. Very similar though.

Matua

Bench
Uncut Gems seems to be a very Divisive movie.

I personally thought it was ok to good, I liked the anxiety the story built of a clear piece of shit.

I can also see why people thought it was awful as it isn't made in the "standard" way, if frenetic and dialogue is over the top of each other and noone is particuarly likable.

That's what the saftie Bros do though, I liked their other movie good time, Robert Pattisons movie. Very similar though.
TBH I've only heard either good or ok things about, never bad things ... I just assumed Smack was just trying to be edgy.

I had issues with the sound design/score but thought it was really good.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Uncut gems was ok, main thing that annoyed me is the script having every word from sandler in capital letters and a few exclamation marks. The guy doesnt have an inside voice just reminded me of the guy that seems to always be near me when im on public transport and just want to headbutt

Matua

Bench
Uncut gems was ok, main thing that annoyed me is the script having every word from sandler in capital letters and a few exclamation marks. The guy doesnt have an inside voice just reminded me of the guy that seems to always be near me when im on public transport and just want to headbutt
I think that was the point wasn't it?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Watching Mindhunter Season 2. As with season 1 the very interesting serial killer stories are broken up with dull dating storylines that add next to nothing but annoying character angst.

I definitely enjoyed season two more than season one. I couldn't stand Holden's girlfriend in season one, whereas the romance was less centre stage this time around. I also didn't hate the parallels between Tench's son and the serial killers he investigates.

------

The missus and I have started Locke and Key while our Aussie VPN is on the fritz and prevents us from watching Survivor. It's not as Harry Potter as I feared, and is actually quite dark. Definitely enjoying it so far.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I definitely enjoyed season two more than season one. I couldn't stand Holden's girlfriend in season one, whereas the romance was less centre stage this time around. I also didn't hate the parallels between Tench's son and the serial killers he investigates.

------

The missus and I have started Locke and Key while our Aussie VPN is on the fritz and prevents us from watching Survivor. It's not as Harry Potter as I feared, and is actually quite dark. Definitely enjoying it so far.
Other way round for me. The lesbian love story was so meh (I found that character to be so wooden and unlikeable yet she seemed the main focus) as well as the distraction of tench's marriage and son.

mongoose

Coach

The series is truly brilliant, doesn't get enough credit.

Those last 2 episodes of the latest series were utterly f**king amazing.

Smack

Coach
TBH I've only heard either good or ok things about, never bad things ... I just assumed Smack was just trying to be edgy.

I had issues with the sound design/score but thought it was really good.

No it was horrible.

Matua

Bench
No it was horrible.
I guess I'll have to take your word that you just don't like it then and aren't just doing your usual attempted edgy stuff, but your comment about it being a low effort Netflix movie is just straight up idiotic.

Smack

Coach
I guess I'll have to take your word that you just don't like it then and aren't just doing your usual attempted edgy stuff, but your comment about it being a low effort Netflix movie is just straight up idiotic.

It is low effort, from the acting, writing to the cinematography

it's a pile of shit, no wonder you like it