What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Foxtel FoxSports / Kayo /Ch9 + NRL TV Rights

Bandwagon

Staff member
I had cable previously, so my house was foxtel ready. When they offered 4k freebee to me they said that it was only available via a dish. Nope.

I've already got the dish, it's fine except for storms can interfere with it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if you've got a decent TV, mine's 8 K I think, there is not that much difference between normal TV and HD as normal TV is very high quality on a decent set up

84 Baby

Referee
if you've got a decent TV, mine's 8 K I think, there is not that much difference between normal TV and HD as normal TV is very high quality on a decent set up
8K equals massive waste of money at the moment as there is very little that plays at that quality. Like a gigantic fart muffler on a bog standard Corolla

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I actually prefer when the definition isn't too high. When I can see their faces clearly I get self conscious about screaming abuse at the telly.

Chipmunk

Coach
I actually notice a big difference between shows on Foxtel broadcast on SD and those broadcast on HD. Yes there is a difference between UHD and HD, but I wouldn't say the difference is as huge as HD is to SD. I find SD now virtually unwatchable.

I think with a Foxtel Box, the actual HDMI cable also limits the output of the UHD picture somewhat. I read something that HDMI cables are only capable in delivering a certain amount of 'definition'...but I could be on the wrong track with that.

Suitman

Post Whore
I actually notice a big difference between shows on Foxtel broadcast on SD and those broadcast on HD. Yes there is a difference between UHD and HD, but I wouldn't say the difference is as huge as HD is to SD. I find SD now virtually unwatchable.

Absolutely agree.
I watch on a 65 inch HD tv. I have the Foxtel 4k package. (IQ4) (I have satellite).
Not much difference between HD and UHD (brilliant reception), yet there is a MASSIVE difference to that of SD, which the crappy FTA channels still broadcast in.
What gives?

Bandwagon

Staff member
8K equals massive waste of money at the moment as there is very little that plays at that quality. Like a gigantic fart muffler on a bog standard Corolla

Depends on upscaling, on a larger screen you're still getting more pixels, if the upscaling is good you'll get as much definition on the large screen as you would on smaller screen at 4k at the same veiwing distance from the screen.

I have a 55 inch 4k Oled , and a 42 inch Hd samsung, and the definition is far better on the oled watching HD 1080p,

Latest posts