What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9s squad

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Beaten by a c grade team with an AFL player. I know SK wasn’t coaching but he made comments that we’d see improvements of off season work in the nines. Well I’m close to out already

Well he's dumber than I thought. What's the point in saying that? I don't expect it, unless he says I should see it. 9s is not the NRL. And if I was a player, I wouldn't be busting myself a month out from the start of the comp - picking it's hot as f**k in Perth too.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Beaten by a c grade team with an AFL player. I know SK wasn’t coaching but he made comments that we’d see improvements of off season work in the nines. Well I’m close to out already

They didn't provide any false hope before turning to shit.

Slight improvement on last year.

Iron Lion

Juniors
I was thoroughly disappointed when Papailii was named captain for the 9's squad.

He is a reserve grade player at best. If he is playing in the NRL then you know your squad is in trouble.

If this is the way Kearney and the coaching staff are thinking it's not worth watching the Warriors in the NRL for 2020.

He proved in this 9's tournament he is best left in reserve grade though I suspect Kearney will start him in the NRL. It spells DOOM for the Warriors hopes this year. These fools can't get anything right.

Signs are beyond bad for 2020.

These guys flat out can't play football. The forwards are the worst by far. Unskilled, untalented with no game understanding what so ever.

I was gutted when the Warriors let Mason Lino go ...and that is when SJ was still here! I would swap Lino for Green any day.

Only positive is the Fijian kid, Paul Turner & Perham.

Will Kearney play them....no, he won't. We will have to wait until Nathan Brown is the coach to do that.

spear tackle

Juniors
He should have said something along the lines of "we are sending a team of mostly players unproven at NRL level to give them a bit of a taste and to see if anyone stands out"

Ill go for the positive spin

We were foxing. Told to treat it as a contact hit out and show nothing that we have been doing in the preseason.

But should of put some Fox players in there. Fly nearly 9 hours for 36 minutes of footy in total then another 9 hours flying back

f**k that

Ill know more after trial form

DuggyB

Juniors
Apparently the first list of names put forward for the nines was rejected so could be as R&S says -show nothing,dont get injured.Didnt see a lot of effort going in.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, I am on the ‘who gives a shit about the 9’s’ buzz. And I would be if I won. Seriously, I would be happy if we didn’t send a team or we sent the Ellerslie Eagles in Warriors jerseys.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Show nothing.... they have done that for several seasons.

In fact if anything the Warriors missed a trick here.

Make the semis and possibly sell more season tickets & mechandise.

At this stage who would be silly enough to buy a Warriors season ticket?

Rich102

Staff member
Why did the Warriors enter a team? For the money from the TV rights.
Didn't that place an obligation on them to at least compete?

Risk losing players to injury? That happens every day at training.

Biggest thing it showed for me is that Papaili'i doesn't deserve a place in the squad.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Why did the Warriors enter a team? For the money from the TV rights.
Didn't that place an obligation on them to at least compete?

Risk losing players to injury? That happens every day at training.

Biggest thing it showed for me is that Papaili'i doesn't deserve a place in the squad.

He will be starting rd 1 guaranteed.

We will be losing rd 1 guaranteed

Iron Lion

Juniors
Warriors were the only team to not put in an effort and name a competitive team.

Least the Roosters had an excuse!

Everything is wrong with this club.

Hold the players back... what do you mean? ...... the players are not going to bust out incredible form come rd 1 anyhow!!!

Show nothing.... they have done that for several seasons.

In fact if anything the Warriors missed a trick here.

Make the semis and possibly sell more season tickets & mechandise.

At this stage who would be silly enough to buy a Warriors season ticket?
What is the lowest ever round 1 crowd?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Warriors were the only team to not put in an effort and name a competitive team.

Least the Roosters had an excuse!

Everything is wrong with this club.

Hold the players back... what do you mean? ...... the players are not going to bust out incredible form come rd 1 anyhow!!!

Not sure that’s quite the case, for our example Des Hasler didn’t even bother getting on the plane, and the only decent stars they named barely took the field, Taupau the best example of that. They at least held their heads up though I suppose

9s is a funny one, one you don’t care if you dip out, but for clubs starved of success there is a real chance to start the year positively and get some momentum going

Personally I watched a good chunk of the 9s and prefer it to this ‘all star’ game they are dishing up this weekend, which I won’t be watching

Latest posts