What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel folau

TheFrog

Coach
Hahaha, guess what he did six minutes in?

I think Folau is going to tear Super League apart. He still has the leap and still very good on his feet....he looks pretty light and mobile too.
Folau will go better than SBW for two main reasons...age and support cast. Folau's team is a hell of a lot better than Toronto. Unless you're Andrew Johns, spending the bulk of your cap on one player is going to cause your team a lot of pain. Even prime SBW would not lift that Toronto outfit in the way that it is constructed. It is going to be a very long season for him...but at least he has 10 million good reasons for staying the course at Toronto.
The Wolfpack will win a few games at home.

By the way, spending their cap on Andrew Johns got the Knights the 2005 spoon.

TheFrog

Coach
Whatever the f**k that means

militant
/ˈmɪlɪt(ə)nt/

adjective
adjective: militant
favouring confrontational methods in support of a political or social cause.

Confrontational I think pretty well covers it. Israel's post that started all this could be seen as confrontational as well, to be fair.

Pommy

Coach
Spot on. Look at the cricket awards last night. Warner player of the year and Smith one of the runner ups. What a difference a successful year makes.

Warner had a successful year? He spent about 3 months of it in Stuart broads pocket.

Matua

Bench
militant
/ˈmɪlɪt(ə)nt/

adjective
adjective: militant
favouring confrontational methods in support of a political or social cause.

Confrontational I think pretty well covers it. Israel's post that started all this could be seen as confrontational as well, to be fair.
Um, yeah, way to undersell it, the merkin did it deliberately on his social media after promising not to do anything like it.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
A lot of these sort of comments on the Falou first interview youtube video:

i didn't even know who Catalans Dragons were. Or understand rugby league. but i'm an interested fan now! well done giving israel a second chance. He is a weapon and your team (who has shown bravery and honour in accepting him) is about to ascend and cut through the ranks for such a gesture. Game On!2020

Couldn't have said it better. Didn't know Catalans Dragons, didn't know super league, but the Dragons can be sure they now have thousands of fans from Australia!

Hey Dragons, do you sell your team jerseys in the sports stores in The States? I'm keen to buy one, to wear it proudly to the office on Casual Friday's, to show my newfound support for your team. It'll be sure to attract lots of questions and intrigue from my work colleagues! I'll have to check out Dick's Sporting Goods, to see if they stock them. I'm SO looking forward to watching your matches, with Izzy and his Dragons teammates. And also the Wolfpack matches with SBW. Cheers fellas!

Well I will be watching Catalan, not a fan of League but hey

Lesssgoooo Dragon...new supporters all the way from NZ... :muscle::muscle::muscle:Izzy Da Man...

You have a new fan and will be watching the league this year. Its going to be one hell of a season......I'll be turning in for the season and looking forward to the SBW (Wolfpack) vs I.F match up! Good luck to both and Im sure you will be pulling in alot of supporters from down under.

New fan from Papua new Guinea

New Catalans Dragons fan from Northern Ireland looking forward to see Israel grace the field and blow away some of the English defences of the clubs that have bent over backwards to facilitate the haters when he plays over there.

An an American based Aussie expat, I'm a new fan of The Catalans Dragons - who I'd never heard of before Izzy signed up. Hell yeah, I'm really stoked, so much so I've subscribed to a streaming service to watch all of the Dragons matches. I can't wait to cheer Izzy and his Dragons teammates as they kick some Pommy a**. Screw the NRL ... with Izzy for The Dragons and SBW playing for Wolfpack, this is THE premier Rugby League comp. Congrats to Bernard Guasch and Steve McNamara, you've shown great heart and honour to sign Izzy - he won't let you down. Go Dragons !!

Subscribed for Izzy. New fan from Melbourne.

GO Israel!!! Make some good run for Dragons.. I am a new fan of dragons Catalans.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Homophobes are homophobes, ethnicity is irrelevant. There are lots of PIs who aren't homophobes.

Homophobes are homophobes, ethnicity is irrelevant. There are lots of PIs who aren't homophobes.

Good to know but thats just how it is. Let the man play he's a great footy player did you forget thats what he does i don't give a damn about politics. Those rainbow fellas don't play the game i don't give two hoots about them.

TheFrog

Coach
I notice that since SMH have stopped flogging the Izzy dead horse (which attracted hundreds of anti-Folou comments on a daily basis), we're seeing more posts critical of him on here. Could it be the same people looking for an avenue?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Better chance than old Sonny.

No bets.

No chance at all to win the lot.

both so over rated, not spine