What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey's News

- Knights have rejected an approach from the Titans to release Herman Ese'ese immediately, but will likely struggle to hold onto him beyond this season.
- At this stage, the round 1 team will have Fitzgibbon and Mata'utia in the back-row with Barnett at lock. Glasby, Guerra and Jacob Saifiti will compete for the last 2 bench spots, with Watson and Ese'ese already pencilled in.
- Bradman Best could miss the opening month with fractured foot. Enari Tuala will get first chance to stake a claim on left centre spot with Moga not being risked for the opening trial.
- With 2 top 30 spots needing to be filled by round 1, Toohey predicts Tex Hoy to be upgraded from a development player into the top squad. Also tips Tyronne Roberts-Davis to win a spot over Matt Soper-Lawler.
- Dylan Phythian is trialling with Manly.
- Knights have signed 17-year old Toni Mataele from the Eels on a 3-year deal starting in 2021.

Frederick

Staff member
I think the reasoning between choosing roberts-davis over soper-lawler comes down to versatility. TRD can cover a bunch of positions, whereas MSL is an out and out winger

Pretty sure I read that somewhere, might have been in one of Tooheys columns a while back

Toohey's News

- Knights have rejected an approach from the Titans to release Herman Ese'ese immediately, but will likely struggle to hold onto him beyond this season.
- At this stage, the round 1 team will have Fitzgibbon and Mata'utia in the back-row with Barnett at lock. Glasby, Guerra and Jacob Saifiti will compete for the last 2 bench spots, with Watson and Ese'ese already pencilled in.
- Bradman Best could miss the opening month with fractured foot. Enari Tuala will get first chance to stake a claim on left centre spot with Moga not being risked for the opening trial.
- With 2 top 30 spots needing to be filled by round 1, Toohey predicts Tex Hoy to be upgraded from a development player into the top squad. Also tips Tyronne Roberts-Davis to win a spot over Matt Soper-Lawler.
- Dylan Phythian is trialling with Manly.
- Knights have signed 17-year old Toni Mataele from the Eels on a 3-year deal starting in 2021.
Titans can pay to release Frizz and we give them Ese Ese. Win win (except for Saints).
It won't happen.

Old dog

Juniors
Was hoping that Ese’ese would have a trouble free year and show his best with aim of extension contract after coach telling him he is wanted. Maybe he has been refused release in the hope that happens, either way he is in the box seat.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Herman going to the Titans would be a career killer................ I think he'd be at lock this year if we had better impact forwards to fill the bench
I cant see a place for Jsaf at this stage his stats are reserve grade standard and I prefer Guerra over Glasby as a bench player.

Spot On

Coach
Herman's career hasn't really taken off here though. Taking the 500K plus from the GC is a no brainer for a bloke who was struggling to get a run in our side last season and is apparently a piss poor defender. Souths were also interested. Seems others rate him a bit more than Brown did???

Knight Vision

First Grade
Herman's career hasn't really taken off here though. Taking the 500K plus from the GC is a no brainer for a bloke who was struggling to get a run in our side last season and is apparently a piss poor defender. Souths were also interested. Seems others rate him a bit more than Brown did???
I rate him. In his first season with us I think he was our best forward. An under rated player is Herman.

Last year I think he had some personal issues which maybe affected the way he played.

ryana87

Juniors
Knights social media teasing a signing announcement for 8pm tonight

ends with TY....

surely they cant do another Burher resigning fiasco.....this has to be Frizell...SURELY!!

Latest posts