What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Again, whilst we're all euphoric at Ramsays success at the 9's, just remember it was the 9's.
9 min halves, unlimited interchange, players on and off almost after 1m stints.
There were clube that fielded strong teams, most filled with youngsters like Ramsay. But, none fielded their full NRL 17, just as we didn't.
Ramsays had 1yr in JF, has not played (to memory) any CC games. So he is yet to play regularly against men. Could he handle it? Imo no. Someone mentioned Dufty, and yes he has played in NRL, but if you all remember during his first "full season" he was fatigued and made mistakes, lacked committment etc.
A year as a DS player, starting the season in CC, developing his body for contact on a regular basis, would be more beneficial in the long run. If he kills it in CC we always have the 30th spot available up to and including the june 30 deadline.
He already has a shoulder injury, i wouldn't risk permanent injury by rushing him in.

I wonder if even he thinks he's ready.

denis preston

First Grade
I agree , don't rush him but i also don't want to see bargain buys (and pathway blockers ) filling in the last 2 or 3 places.Better to just promote from within and live with it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Again, whilst we're all euphoric at Ramsays success at the 9's, just remember it was the 9's.
There were clube that fielded strong teams, most filled with youngsters like Ramsay. But, none fielded their full NRL 17, just as we didn't.
Ramsays had 1yr in JF, has not played (to memory) any CC games. So he is yet to play regularly against men. Could he handle it? Imo no. Someone mentioned Dufty, and yes he has played in NRL, but if you all remember during his first "full season" he was fatigued and made mistakes, lacked committment etc.
A year as a DS player, starting the season in CC, developing his body for contact on a regular basis, would be more beneficial in the long run. If he kills it in CC we always have the 30th spot available up to and including the june 30 deadline.
He already has a shoulder injury, i wouldn't risk permanent injury by rushing him in.

Nope, Ramsay is the future.

We should sell Lomax, Vaughan & Hunt to free up some cash for Ramsay.

qld redvee

Juniors

Slayer
club needs to ensure young Cody is signed up watertight for a few years with the chance of a DS contract either 2020 or definitely 21. we need to prepare him properly and if he continues to stand out in lower grades then look at taking him to the next level have him training with the squad and our trainers to improve his size and strength BUT dont let him get held back because theres a roadblock in front - he could be worth a wing spot late in season ( if he was a DS ) or at least throw him some time in CC
This kid is a keeper and hopefully our future coaching staff have a plan mapped out .

Dragonsamy

Bench

100% correct

TomRedVRiver

Bench

This.

Two words. Jai Field.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
McInnes out for 6 - 12 weeks
Dufty out for 4 weeks
Korbin has not broken his arm - reportedly just bone bruising
Easy.

Hunt to hooker, Lomax to the halves, Aitken to fullback with Williame into centre.

BLM01

First Grade
McInnes out for 6 - 12 weeks
Dufty out for 4 weeks
Korbin has not broken his arm - reportedly just bone bruising
Oh well. Least Cam won’t get run into the ground for 24 games and have plenty in the tank for our attack on reaching the finals ;) or put his hand up for next years 9’s :rolleyes:
Hope it’s closer to 6 than 12 though. Geez 12 could be Round 8 Anzac game?

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would move Hunt to hooker and play Norman halfback and Sailor 5/8. That combination would probably provide us with more attack. Luke could give Hunt a rest mid game, if Hunt needs it.

Crush

Coach
Easy.

Hunt to hooker, Lomax to the halves, Aitken to fullback with Williame into centre.
I like this, just worry that Williame is not a centre though, looks more like a 5/8. Could we move Norman to centre?
A Lomax Williame halves pairing would be leathal

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I like this, just worry that Williame is not a centre though, looks more like a 5/8. Could we move Norman to centre?
A Lomax Williame halves pairing would be leathal
This is true, although both seem to fit the Barrett mould of 5/8 which could pose a bit of conflict as we need someone to fill that halfback role of an organiser.

Do we still have Nicholls? I reckon this is his breakout year.

Crush

Coach
This is true, although both seem to fit the Barrett mould of 5/8 which could pose a bit of conflict as we need someone to fill that halfback role of an organiser.

Do we still have Nicholls? I reckon this is his breakout year.
I stated this 2 years ago that Nicholls should be our organising half.
I also stated 9 months ago that Aitken was a natural fullback.
And I stated ages ago that Norman is best suited to centre.
I stated all that.
I did.
Stated it.

Latest posts