What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
That was my recollection as well, as you say still overpriced given his output but hardly crippling to our salary cap. He can at least play at a first grade standard in a number of positions which is very handy having in the squad

This is the way I see it. He is an NRL level player and has a lot of upside within a squad because he can play different positions.

It all comes down to how much he is on though.

Shredder

Juniors
I want us to win games to, which is why Madge has spent so much of his non coaching time looking for centres.

Centres are very important in todays game and ours are not up to scratch.

BJ will help. (as I tell my wife....)

I think Momo will turn into one of the better centres in the comp and their is no questioning that he is one of the best centres at the club. Remember, he hasnt played a lot of grade yet.

I still cant understand why MBye is the Captain. But if thats the biggest whine I have about Madge so far, Im OK with it.

Das Hassler

Bench
My guess re the Mbye captaincy is he probably got it by virtue of being a positive influence on the younger guys with their transition into adulthood and handling the headf ck being in the public eye can be...that's kinda what Madge implied at the beginning of last season. Regardless of judgements of his onfield value he's definitely one of the club's grownups...it's important to have those guys and top of the list for Bellamy...Robinson and Bennett...

Tiger Ted

Bench
I want us to win games to, which is why Madge has spent so much of his non coaching time looking for centres.

Centres are very important in todays game and ours are not up to scratch.

BJ will help. (as I tell my wife....)

I think Momo will turn into one of the better centres in the comp and their is no questioning that he is one of the best centres at the club. Remember, he hasnt played a lot of grade yet.

I still cant understand why MBye is the Captain. But if thats the biggest whine I have about Madge so far, Im OK with it.
Yep it’s certainly inexplicable as to y Madge picked the hoax as captain albeit Madge is our most valuable asset & the best thing to happen to this club in a decade.In Madge we trust.

Tiger Ted

Bench
This is the way I see it. He is an NRL level player and has a lot of upside within a squad because he can play different positions.

It all comes down to how much he is on though.
He has zero upside when he is bog standard in any position he plays in.With the much improved squad we now have he doesn’t make my 17.If we have a good run with injuries there will come a time this season when I see Madge is left with no choice but to drop his co -captain.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
This definitely falls into the "other stuff category. My apologies if I should have posted this somewhere else.

I have booked my tickets for the Tigers V Knights game and I am on the Hill side on the opposite end to Mary Street. (where I have always sat before) Excuse my ignorance but are there toilets, food stalls, beer stalls down the end where I will be?

I have always driven but I am thinking of public transport from the Northern Beaches. Any tips?

Any game day tips would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
This definitely falls into the "other stuff category. My apologies if I should have posted this somewhere else.

I have booked my tickets for the Tigers V Knights game and I am on the Hill side on the opposite end to Mary Street. (where I have always sat before) Excuse my ignorance but are there toilets, food stalls, beer stalls down the end where I will be?

I have always driven but I am thinking of public transport from the Northern Beaches. Any tips?

Many thanks
Don't wave the WT's flag until we are 20 in front and 2 mins to go. Not even we could f**k that up.:):)

Das Hassler

Bench
The swap deal is offically nixed but seems things might work out doubly well for WT. ..Momo staying put and trying to have Grant come for the 12 months anyway as it's the Storm with the cap issue. ...the longterm downside is Momo wont get to be Bellamy'd up which would have been good for him and us.

Tigerm

First Grade
The swap deal is offically nixed but seems things might work out doubly well for WT. ..Momo staying put and trying to have Grant come for the 12 months anyway as it's the Storm with the cap issue. ...the longterm downside is Momo wont get to be Bellamy'd up which would have been good for him and us.
Although at least he will be here, not being grabbed by the storm, I am hoping big things to come for this bloke.

Das Hassler

Bench
Although at least he will be here, not being grabbed by the storm, I am hoping big things to come for this bloke.

Apparantly the details are close to being sorted out on a 2 year deal...He and Thommo sure were two good bargain signings by Mr Ivan...a few others...well that's another story

gordsy

Juniors
Shame we couldn't get the deal done but there's enough cap rorts as it is. though you would have hoped the nrl could have given the storm and us options on how to be cap compliant in terms of the trade.

Tiger5150

Bench

Many thanks

By my memory, there are no food or beer stalls down that end, but the very glamorous Glenn Morrison toilets are in close proximity.

gordynz

Juniors
I don't believe Mybe is on anywhere near that amount
Depends whether you believe whats been reported I guess. Bulldogs are no longer chipping in for the next three season so it'll definitely be upwards of $800k now..

Edit: Sorry from next season they won't be paying anything.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Don't wave the WT's flag until we are 20 in front and 2 mins to go. Not even we could f**k that up.:):)

If the Tigers are 20 in front with 2 to go I will definitely be waving the flag even if it means ripping it out of the hands of the kid next to me. (or should I say after buying it from the kid next to me for much more than a replacement would cost)

Latest posts